Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Question for those of you that like Auburn

Birmingham

Question for those of you that like Auburn
« on: August 13, 2009, 11:24:29 PM »
Burns  said he was disappointed about not winning the starting job, ``but it's a good thing for the team and I'm 100 percent behind it. Chris is the guy and we're behind him.''

Burns said he was happy to try receiver. ``They just want the ball in my hands,'' he said.

This sounds like they sold him on changing positions by stating that they "just want the ball in his hands".  If that really is the case wouldn't they keep him at QB?  Doesn't sound particularly honest, not that there's an easy way to tell someone he's out and someone else is in.  JMHO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Question for those of you that like Auburn
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 11:51:40 PM »
This sounds like they sold him on changing positions by stating that they "just want the ball in his hands".  If that really is the case wouldn't they keep him at QB?  Doesn't sound particularly honest, not that there's an easy way to tell someone he's out and someone else is in.  JMHO.

"hey, we are going to award the QB position to Todd. But you have a lot of athletic ability that we want to utilize too. If you move to WR, we can still get the ball in your hands. We would still like to get the ball in your hands, just not from the QB postion."

I think this is about how it happened. Also, Burns will be the wildcat guy...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 12:08:11 AM »
I think this is about how it happened. Also, Burns will be the wildcat guy...

That's what I heard also, not sure how I feel about that.  I remember him being more dangerous than Todd with his feet but don't remember him running circles around everyone either.  I know there's more that you can do in a wildcat than just run.  Guess we'll have to just wait and see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 12:10:52 AM »
That's what I heard also, not sure how I feel about that.  I remember him being more dangerous than Todd with his feet but don't remember him running circles around everyone either.  I know there's more that you can do in a wildcat than just run.  Guess we'll have to just wait and see.

Well, the thing with the Wildcat, is that it puts the ball in a good athletes hand, and let them run. If Cody is playing QB, you are risking a lot by him getting hurt. You probably don't want your starting QB running the ball like a RB if he has to play QB too. With Burns being a WR, there is not as much risk letting him line up in that roll...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 12:18:19 AM »
Well, the thing with the Wildcat, is that it puts the ball in a good athletes hand, and let them run. If Cody is playing QB, you are risking a lot by him getting hurt. You probably don't want your starting QB running the ball like a RB if he has to play QB too. With Burns being a WR, there is not as much risk letting him line up in that roll...

Really good explanation, makes perfect sense to me.  The kid is an athlete, I think the playbook was a little overwhelming but I can see him handling a small package like that well. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 12:25:13 AM »
Really good explanation, makes perfect sense to me.  The kid is an athlete, I think the playbook was a little overwhelming but I can see him handling a small package like that well. 

Not to hijack and football aside for a moment....but how is the kid Ham?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Birmingham

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 12:33:11 AM »
OFFICIAL THREAD JACK
Not a lot of progress today but he didn't move backwards either.  Tomorrow is the last day of his antibiotics so they'll do an xray and see if what they don't want to see is gone.  If it is gone, it's one less thing keeping him there.  If it isn't than they'll start a new regiment of antibiotics that will keep him at the hospital for another sequence (usually 7 days) of doses.

He looks like a million bucks though.  A lot healthier than he was at this time last week as far as his color and his weight.  I appreciate you asking, bro.  Means a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 12:43:47 AM »
I hope the xrays turn out well and he gets to come home soon.....I will make sure and say a prayer for the little guy.

OK, now back to discussing football.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan