Sporting News Article on Seastrunk Today

Sporting News Article on Seastrunk Today
« on: August 06, 2009, 03:20:34 PM »
SN100's No. 2 player, Seastrunk, still likes Auburn
Thursday, August 06, 2009
Posted By Brian McLaughlin 10:52 AM
By Brian McLaughlin
Sporting News

Auburn is still one of the top schools on the list for Temple, Texas running back Lache Seastrunk, he told Sporting News. The 5-foot-11, 190-pound athlete is coveted by just about every major college football program in the country, but the Tigers have caught his attention, as have LSU, USC and in-state Texas, among others.

Still, officially, he told SN he is not close to being done with his decision. With just a matter of weeks to go before the season starts for Temple, Seastrunk said he's focused on his senior season and helping his high school teammates.

“When God calls me, when He gives me the vision of where to go, I’m going to go and I don’t care when it is,” Seastrunk told SN. “I’m not going to hesitate. When he gives me that vision I need, well that’s all I’m waiting on.”

Seastrunk--who is ranked the No. 2 player nationally in the Sporting News Top 100--has seen LSU and USC with his own eyes, as well as Auburn. He said the local pressure to stay in state and play for Texas is always there too, but he said he's lived in Texas his whole life and he doesn't necessarily feel he must stay close to home.

But Auburn and first-year coach Gene Chizik still have the edge.

“What you see is what you get with Coach Chizik," Seastrunk told SN. "He’s a great guy, and he’s going to make sure you’re taken care of. He’s going to do everything he possibly can to be there for you. I feel like that’s my dad for the next three to four years. He’ll take care of me like my mom did. It’s the same connection. He would be doing the same stuff my mom has done for me to this point.”

Along with leaving the comfort of home, playing alongside other elite running backs doesn't scare Seastrunk either. In fact he'd welcome it. If SN100 running backs Marcus Lattimore or Michael Dyer were to commit to Auburn (something they both are considering), Seastrunk said he would welcome it. He also mentioned that playing alongside SN100 RB D.J. Morgan at USC would be a great experience.

The running back said that between now and when he makes his final college decision, he'll be working on improving himself as a player.

"I want to be a great blocker, a great catcher, a great runner--all that stuff put together," Seastrunk told SN. "You can't just be speed and no power, or you'll be manhandled. You've got to be everything, you've got to be focused."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Sporting News Article on Seastrunk Today
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 05:54:58 PM »
The newest "Hot Board" on AU's Rivals site now has the chance of Seastrunk signing with AU down from 80% to 60% with the comment "Tigers still major contender for No. 1 RB". Prowler, what are the skreets telling you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 06:11:11 PM »
I feel confident that Auburn will land one of the three, I'm just not sure which.  How's that little brother syndrome workin' out for ya rws?  :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 06:15:54 PM »
The newest "Hot Board" on AU's Rivals site now has the chance of Seastrunk signing with AU down from 80% to 60% with the comment "Tigers still major contender for No. 1 RB". Prowler, what are the skreets telling you?

Are you a member of Auburn's site? You are an obsessive mother fucker...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2009, 06:26:44 PM »

I was about to ask the same thing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 06:29:50 PM »
I was about to ask the same thing. 

You can call him an obsessive fucker too...but then he may write each of us a 3 paragraph dialogue on why he is not obsessive...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2009, 06:31:40 PM »
You can call him an obsessive fucker too...but then he may write each of us a 3 paragraph dialogue on why he is not obsessive...

No reason in restating the obvious, plus you already had and that kind of takes the fun out of it.  We will get the 3 paragraph dialogue anyways.  Wait for it.........
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

RWS

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2009, 06:35:57 PM »
No, I'm a member of BOL. As a member of BOL you can access other teams' content as well. Now shut the fuck up so I can look at you through your window.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 06:53:00 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2009, 06:40:23 PM »
How's that little brother syndrome workin' out for ya rws?  :rofl:
Thats great that you keep spewing that tired line Prowler, but there isn't a shred of evidence to support that Alabama's program is second fiddle to Auburn right now. Thats fine that you want to repeat it over and over, but Vanderbilt fans even disagree with you. Vanderbilt football fans.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 06:43:20 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2009, 08:42:30 PM »
Thats great that you keep spewing that tired line Prowler, but there isn't a shred of evidence to support that Alabama's program is second fiddle to Auburn right now. Thats fine that you want to repeat it over and over, but Vanderbilt fans even disagree with you. Vanderbilt football fans.

Vandy player's momma and Bebe's kids with cardboard/ sharpie flipped over "Got Tickets" signs... The Cornerstone For Football Thought and Logic.

Here's a sign from an also less than reputable, but equally impressive source...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2009, 09:24:34 PM »
Vandy player's momma and Bebe's kids with cardboard/ sharpie flipped over "Got Tickets" signs... The Cornerstone For Football Thought and Logic.

Here's a sign from an also less than reputable, but equally impressive source...

Kinda loses its luster a bit when we go 12-2 the next season, doesn't it? Just like how some bring up CNS lost to UAB, but they don't mention in the same sentence that he turned around an won a MNC a few years later.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2009, 09:33:36 PM »
Kinda loses its luster a bit when we go 12-2 the next season, doesn't it? Just like how some bring up CNS lost to UAB, but they don't mention in the same sentence that he turned around an won a MNC a few years later.

Maybe your right.  It WAS STILL LA Monroe though...  But...It was a great Western Division Title season for the Tide. Very special considering the recent history.  Also funny though is the fact you hadn't beaten us yet when Rufus made his Sharpie sign and we were running a six straight streak against our big sister.  Oh, and we just happened to have our worst year last year in a decade.  We lost to lots of teams last year..haha.

Oh, and yes, and MNC at LSU...not at Bama.  Just sayin...  
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 09:42:15 PM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 10:05:03 PM »
Maybe your right.  It WAS STILL LA Monroe though...  But...It was a great Western Division Title season for the Tide. Very special considering the recent history.  Also funny though is the fact you hadn't beaten us yet when Rufus made his Sharpie sign and we were running a six straight streak against our big sister.  Oh, and we just happened to have our worst year last year in a decade.  We lost to lots of teams last year..haha.

Oh, and yes, and MNC at LSU...not at Bama.  Just sayin...  
Which makes it even funnier that they put that on the sign, even though you guys beat us six in a row. Thanks for helping my point along. And as far as your worst year in a decade comment, you could just as easily say the past decade has been one of Alabama's worst. I guess that explains away 6 in a row, doesn't it? No, it doesn't. Just like the "one of the worst AU teams this decade" argument doesn't explain away 36-0.

I didn't say that to say since he did it at LSU that he would do it at Alabama. I was simply saying that people always like to point out the low points, but never the high points. You guys will point out losses to UAB or ULM pretty quick, but you turn a blind eye to any sort of success. I would say 12-2 is a pretty big improvement from our '07 campaign. Say what you want about the UF and Utah games, but I will gladly take 12-2 over say 5-7. I never expected anything over 8 wins for '08, so I'm fine with 12. It would have been nice to make it to the MNC game, but I'm certainly not complaining.

I know, I know.....worst team in a decade, blah blah blah.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 10:05:45 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 10:26:02 PM »
Which makes it even funnier that they put that on the sign, even though you guys beat us six in a row. Thanks for helping my point along.

You take what you want from that pic, but excuse me if I find it funny you're using it to find comfort in.  I personally think THAT picture and what that dude is saying, at the time he's saying it, is a shining example of ignorance and is something that should be laughed AT.  That's my point.  You think it's pertinent... fine.   :eyeroll:

And as far as your worst year in a decade comment, you could just as easily say the past decade has been one of Alabama's worst. I guess that explains away 6 in a row, doesn't it? No, it doesn't. Just like the "one of the worst AU teams this decade" argument doesn't explain away 36-0.

Okay.  You're right, we were in great shape by the bama game last year.  It's just an excuse.  I guess you told me there.  

I didn't say that to say since he did it at LSU that he would do it at Alabama. I was simply saying that people always like to point out the low points, but never the high points. You guys will point out losses to UAB or ULM pretty quick, but you turn a blind eye to any sort of success. I would say 12-2 is a pretty big improvement from our '07 campaign. Say what you want about the UF and Utah games, but I will gladly take 12-2 over say 5-7. I never expected anything over 8 wins for '08, so I'm fine with 12. It would have been nice to make it to the MNC game, but I'm certainly not complaining.

I know, I know.....worst team in a decade, blah blah blah.

You SHOULD take that record.  Hell.  Duh.  Be proud of your Western Division Title!  I was just giggling about your never fail efforts to add useless information to simple debates by attaching tangents and non-related comparisons.

For fucksake, I could add an semi-unrelated tangent to EVERY debate too, but it doesn't make sense.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 11:01:44 PM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2009, 11:46:08 PM »
I just read through this thread.  I had seen that sign and holy shit Chop, you are spot on.  How fucking brain dead do you have to be to make a sign like that when, at that particular point in time, said team OWNED the little sister for 6 fucking years in a row?

But then...look at the people holding it....I...no, I'd better not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Argo

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 12:01:56 AM »
I just read through this thread.

So did I, and quite frankly, I'm more than a little upset that you didn't send mass PM's warning the rest of us to stay away. 

Asshole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 12:08:08 AM »
So did I, and quite frankly, I'm more than a little upset that you didn't send mass PM's warning the rest of us to stay away. 

Asshole.

Did it just happen? Yep. It did. You just became my favorite bama poster...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 12:13:51 AM »
Did it just happen? Yep. It did. You just became my favorite bama poster...
That's like saying "Hey, you are my favorite herpes lesion..." :sad:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 07:41:51 AM »

Asshole.

Now, that was funny!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 06:32:51 PM »

Asshole.

I'll extend the olive branch.  Stay away from the eight page thread about Chris Todd.  It is filled with the dumbass.  My posts are the only things of redeeming value there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.