Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Work starts for Auburn Tigers:

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Work starts for Auburn Tigers:
« on: August 04, 2009, 08:59:40 AM »
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/124937372398890.xml&coll=2

Work starts for Auburn Tigers: Arriving players include two top prep receivers
Tuesday, August 04, 2009
CHARLES GOLDBERG
News staff writer

AUBURN - Backup players have left, freshmen are arriving and even a late transfer from Florida State will be on hand.

Coach Gene Chizik's first Auburn football team officially reports to duty today with the normal attrition expected of a new coach and a freshman class hoping to get a final group of players qualified.

Quarterbacks? There are seven to choose from, or at least six healthy ones, including newcomer Tyrik Rollison.

Wide receivers? Perhaps the most talented position of the incoming players, and that's because former No. 1 prep school receiver and two-time LSU signee DeAngelo Benton and Texas prep standout Emory Blake are joining the team.

Linebackers? Signee Eltoro Freeman participated in spring practice and will be joined by two other newcomers who come to support veterans such as Craig Stevens, Josh Bynes and Spencer Pybus.

But not everybody will be on board when practice starts Wednesday. Three signees are already in junior college and five more are waiting to be approved by the NCAA Clearinghouse. At least four reserves from last year's team are gone for undisclosed reasons.

Auburn had 28 in its signing class in February and will apparently come under the 25 allowed for a freshman class. The Tigers will likely safely meet the maximum team scholarship limit of 85.

The signing class: The Tigers know they have 20 newcomers qualified, including two who participated in spring practice, but are still awaiting word on a handful of others. It is not unusual for the NCAA Clearinghouse to rule on the eligibility on some players late in the summer, especially ones that were in summer school or had problems with transcripts.

Auburn is still waiting on word from the Clearinghouse on defensive linemen Josh Jackson and Terrance Coleman, defensive back Daren Bates and cornerbacks Demond Washington and Taikwon Paige.

Three players from the signing class have already enrolled in junior college: defensive backs Reggie Taylor and Izauea Lanier and receiver LaVoyd James. Another signee, running back Brandon Jacobs, is expected to sign a professional baseball contract with the Boston Red Sox.

Two members of the signing class already know the routine: Freeman and running back Onterio McCalebb played extensively in the spring.

A late addition to the 2009 signing class, Florida State transfer Aubrey Taylor, will report today. Auburn is asking the NCAA to allow him to play this year rather than sit out because of the transfer rule.

The players who signed last February who have qualified are quarterbacks Rollison, Clint Moseley and Robert Cooper; receivers Benton, Travante Stallworth, Emory Blake, Anthony Gulley and Phillip Lutzenkirchen; running back Dontae Aycock; offensive linemen Andre Harris and John Sullen; defensive linemen Nick Fairley, Nosa Eguae, Dee Ford and Jamar Travis; and linebackers Harris Gaston and Jonathan Evans.

Four underclassmen who were on last year's roster have left the team. They are defensive back Christian Thompson, defensive tackle Jomarcus Savage and linebacker Marcus Jemison. They combined for just one tackle last season. Long-snapper Dax Dellenbach also left.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Work starts for Auburn Tigers:
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 09:57:56 AM »
All in all, that's a pretty solid class coming in.

We need the DLs and DBs to get cleared by the NCdoublefuckingA.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 10:20:14 AM »
Just couldn't leave well enough alone, huh?  Had to throw in one final line about Dax, didn't he?  Kind of puts a damper on the whole season for me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 10:27:29 AM »
Just couldn't leave well enough alone, huh?  Had to throw in one final line about Dax, didn't he?  Kind of puts a damper on the whole season for me.

I started to highlight that portion but didn't want to grind the salt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 11:02:56 AM »
Just a note - the Army All American game from last year is available on Hulu if you want to see how much of a badass Tyrik Rollison is. 

I really think he could be our starting quarterback if the coaches decide to throw experience out the door.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

wesfau2

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 11:05:06 AM »

I really think he could be our starting quarterback if the coaches decide to throw experience out the door.

They have hinted that this might come to pass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 11:06:24 AM »
Just a note - the Army All American game from last year is available on Hulu if you want to see how much of a badass Tyrik Rollison is. 

Link?  The only Hulu I know about I was doing with this drunk chick @ Moose McGillycuddy's on Waikiki.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 11:06:55 AM »

Does that include "Bad" experience?  Cause' QB wise, we got some a dat'.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 11:07:41 AM »
Link?  The only Hulu I know about I was doing with this drunk chick @ Moose McGillycuddy's on Waikiki.

You don't know about Alec Baldwin's sinister alien plot to turn your brain to mush?

Check it:  www.hulu.com
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 01:05:17 PM »
You don't know about Alec Baldwin's sinister alien plot to turn your brain to mush?

Oh...I thought that was 30 Rock.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 07:27:15 PM »
You guys really needed some O-linemen. Ya'll will have a ton of skill players but that line is a cause for concern.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 02:56:36 AM »
Does that include "Bad" experience?  Cause' QB wise, we got some a dat'.
Can't we just order another Jason Campbell?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 11:58:40 AM »
Have they started practicing lining up helmets precisely yet?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler