Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Auburn players plan to stick together

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Auburn players plan to stick together
« on: August 05, 2009, 09:39:20 AM »
http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1249460182223790.xml&coll=2

Auburn players plan to stick together `no matter what'
Wednesday, August 05, 2009
CHARLES GOLDBERG
News staff writer

AUBURN - Auburn running back Ben Tate says he loves the camaraderie among his teammates this year because last season was not so pleasant.

"Last year, I would say we were divided," Tate said.

Defensive back Walter McFadden likened last season to a "battlefield" as the team looked for leadership.

Auburn stumbled to a 5-7 record in 2008 and saw its offensive coordinator fired at midseason and its head coach resign at year's end. Things apparently weren't so great internally, either.

"It's natural when things go badly for people to get violent and start pointing fingers at one another. That's one of the things we did," Tate said. "Now, if something goes wrong we have to stay together. The coaches have put a lot of emphasis on getting together no matter what."

Auburn players reported for fall football Tuesday and will begin practice today. Many Tigers said new coach Gene Chizik has instilled a new attitude in an attempt to leave the immediate past behind.

"The coaches have put a lot of emphasis on getting together no matter what," Tate said.

"Our kids have been so resilient," Chizik said. "They've bought in. Our coaches have done a great job trying to nurture these relationships with the players.

"I think it's been a very smooth transition because transitions are tough, as we know."

Last year's problems started with an offense that didn't seem to catch on and slowly degenerated. Then came a division between the offense and defense.

"The offense had their problems and some guys started hanging their heads - just stuff of that sort," said defensive end Antonio Coleman. "That led to a 5-7 season. It was just the little things that led to seven losses. Coach Chizik came in and corrected that; and all the guys have their heads up."

McFadden sees the change in attitude this way:

"This year, the leaders we have, they have respect. Somebody can talk to them and the younger guys will listen. Last year was kind of a battlefield in that no one wants to listen because, `Who are you?' This year we've got, `OK, that's Antonio Coleman. He's a guy that's proved something here so I can follow him. Maybe I can be better than him.' That's what we've got going with this team."

Coleman, who passed on leaving for the NFL after last season, is ready to get Auburn football back on track.

"Seven losses? That's a lifetime learning experience for me," Coleman said. "... We have a chip on our shoulder and a lot of work to do."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Argo

Re: Auburn players plan to stick together
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 09:30:38 PM »
I had a pretty good "freshmen getting their asses gang-jumped by teammates" joke, but I don't feel like reading a 5 page thread on players headbutting out car windows. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 10:12:38 PM »
I had a pretty good "freshmen getting their asses gang-jumped by teammates"

Sounds like something personal to me.  I know, you were probably told to get it out in the open, but I really don't think a rival message board is where your Psychiatrist was talking about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 11:08:08 PM »
If they really want to stick together, they could do what Alabama players do...

Cum on each other and lay in a pile until it dries. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Argo

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 11:13:05 PM »
Sounds like something personal to me.  I know, you were probably told to get it out in the open, but I really don't think a rival message board is where your Psychiatrist was talking about.

Screw you.

Signed,

DeRon Furr
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 02:49:51 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 06:20:51 AM »
Who?

That's Mrs. Furr's boy....and he was asking for it.

Pussy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 11:54:10 AM »
Screw you.

Signed,

DeRon Furr

Yeah, if you are going to pointlessly beat the shit out of someone, make sure it is your girlfriend.

Signed,
Dustin McClintock
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 12:54:56 PM »
Yeah, if you are going to pointlessly beat the shit out of someone, make sure it is your girlfriend.

Signed,
Dustin McClintock

and from out of nowhere comes the long shot with a TKO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 01:00:20 PM »
From way downtown...BANG!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 01:42:50 PM »

Signed,
Dustin McClintock

a big healthy mug of shut the fuck up!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Peace, Love and God Bless Auburn!

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 04:15:57 PM »
Boosh... :pwnd:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 05:46:16 PM »
Boosh... :pwnd:
Keep going.  You have almost used all of the smilies at least once each.  Maybe then the new will have worn off and you will stop.  Pale Rider will be most displeased with you if you don't...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 10:13:57 PM »

Signed,
Dustin McClintock
And with only 8 posts on his record, 280TIGER charges Argo in the second round and knocks him through the ropes with a Mike Tyson hook to the temple....some people call it a Haymaker, 280 calls it a Widowmaker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Argo

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 10:45:24 PM »
Yeah, if you are going to pointlessly beat the shit out of someone, make sure it is your girlfriend.....at the trailer park.

Signed,
Dustin McClintockDamon Duval

FTFY

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 10:54:05 PM »
FTFY

Whatever dude.  Duval only picked on LSU clarinet players at half time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 11:02:27 PM »
Whatever dude.  Duval only picked on LSU clarinet players at half time.

I don't fault Duval for that one.  Anyone that plays a clarinet needs their ass kicked. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 11:57:49 PM »
Keep going.  You have almost used all of the smilies at least once each.  Maybe then the new will have worn off and you will stop.  Pale Rider will be most displeased with you if you don't...

FUATHYRIO

Hey, what can I say, I like the attitude wench. Sorry you like the Texans though. Ha
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:00:33 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE