Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

OL Chad Slade Commits to Auburn.....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
OL Chad Slade Commits to Auburn.....
« on: July 25, 2009, 11:57:32 AM »
Chad Slade OL 6'6" 315lbs. 5.0 40 Moody, Ala. (3 Grillz)

Offers from:
Auburn
Mississippi State
La Tech
UAB
Arkansas St.

Received interest from:
Georgia
Ole Miss

Slade was a Defensive Lineman during his Junior year...then he grew over 4" between the end of last year and now.  This year will be his first at Offensive Tackle.  He's also a standout on the Moody Basketball team.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 03:46:50 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Re: OL Chad Slade Commits to Auburn.....
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 12:00:10 PM »
I know the defensive coordinator at Moody.  I guess this was the kid he was raving about, but it definitely concerns me that he hasn't played offense yet and we still offered him a scholarship. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 12:14:49 PM »
I know the defensive coordinator at Moody.  I guess this was the kid he was raving about, but it definitely concerns me that he hasn't played offense yet and we still offered him a scholarship. 
He's played offensive line while at camps.  So, the coaches definitely saw something, and I think Slade could be a stud.  Ole Miss' OL Coach was pretty high on him and was hoping that he could steal him.  As far as his Grillz ratings, he can only go up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 12:42:51 PM »
A quote from the Rivals interview:

"He was offered a couple of days ago," Slade's stepfather Joseph Shorter said. "He thought about it and said he wanted to be at Auburn and wanted to be a War Eagle".
:rofl: :rofl:
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 12:45:03 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 01:10:48 PM »
"He knew he wanted to be a War Eagle, because if he grew up to worship Saban he would end up a dirt road alumni answering telephones for a living..." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 01:40:25 PM »
"He knew he wanted to be a War Eagle, because if he grew up to worship Saban he would end up a dirt road alumni answering telephones for a living..."  
Wow, thats the very BEST you could come up with? What exactly is it that you do for a living again?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 01:43:15 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 01:46:59 PM »
No, the best I could come up with would be the look of disappointment on your father's face the moment you told him you had taken a job normally reserved for women.  Or a video of your wife masterbating to thought of fucking a real man.  Or a tape of the discussion everyone you grew up with had when the heard what a pussy you grew up to be, "really, a phone operator. hahahaha!!".  But since I don't have any of those, my reply will have to do.  Sorry to disappoint, but the way your life turned out, you should be used to it.   :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2009, 01:50:51 PM »
No, the best I could come up with would be the look of disappointment on your father's face the moment you told him you had taken a job normally reserved for women.  Or a video of your wife masterbating to thought of fucking a real man.  Or a tape of the discussion everyone you grew up with had when the heard what a pussy you grew up to be, "really, a phone operator. hahahaha!!".  But since I don't have any of those, my reply will have to do.  Sorry to disappoint, but the way your life turned out, you should be used to it.   :fu:
So, what is it you do for a living again? If you're wanting me to be ashamed of making over $35k a year for working 14 days out of a month in a government job, with state benefits and retirement, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. I am our town's Assistant Fire Chief as well, so you can go ahead and scratch the pussy comment as well.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 01:58:00 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2009, 01:54:08 PM »
Specialty medical sales.  Sorry, our company already has a receptionist or I would hook you up.  All of our other jobs require a college degree, so that would rule you out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 01:58:48 PM »
Specialty medical sales.  Sorry, our company already has a receptionist or I would hook you up.  All of our other jobs require a college degree, so that would rule you out.
So, you are a sales rep? What kind of degree do you have, and from what school?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2009, 02:01:50 PM »
Marketing degree.  MBA at UAB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2009, 02:13:56 PM »
Marketing degree.  MBA at UAB.
So, do you work out of TX? And what makes you so much better than me just because you sell bedpans, incontinence supplies, and raised toilet seats?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2009, 03:04:19 PM »
He's played offensive line while at camps.  So, the coaches definitely saw something, and I think Slade could be a stud.  Ole Miss' OL Coach was pretty high on him and was hoping that he could steal him.  As far as his Grillz ratings, he can only go up.

No offense dude, but you'd say this about that gay guy on American Idol if AU hooked him

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 03:21:28 PM »
No offense dude, but you'd say this about that gay guy on American Idol if AU hooked him

I believe this is the "Chizik-effect" Prowler spoke of before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

DnATL

• Xcrement talker
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 03:28:01 PM »
So, what is it you do for a living again? If you're wanting me to be ashamed of making over $35k a year for working 14 days out of a month in a government job, with state benefits and retirement, I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. I am our town's Assistant Fire Chief as well, so you can go ahead and scratch the pussy comment as well.

sacksgrocerieswithjulioscockinmouth.....Which way is tuscaloosa?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 03:54:49 PM »

Slade is a very strong run blocker and he has really good feet for a guy that size, which means that even if his pass blocking is lacking, he'll get better at it...seeing that this will be his very first season on the OL and he'll be getting better.  He'll be playing both ways, his Senior year, Left Tackle and Defensive End.  As a Junior, in basketball, he averaged around 20 points and that was when he was around 6'2".  That's not a typo, his HC stated that Slade hit a 4" growth spert and that he's going to get bigger.  IMO, he'll top out at around 6'8".  Kaos, I think I'll trust Coach Grimes on this one.  He did a really good job at the Auburn camp, you know the camps that had a bunch of stud defensive linemen.  Plus, Coach Dan Mullen wanted him, so if CDM feels that he's good for his offense, then there's a really good possibility that he'll be good for Coach Malzhan's.

Also, if that gay guy on AI was 6'6" over 310lbs., was a defensive lineman his previous couple of years and is a pretty good basketball player for his HS team...and he'd done a really good job at the camps against some stud defensive lineman, then yeah....I'd say the same about him.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 04:16:05 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 04:15:43 PM »
Slade is a very strong run blocker and he has really good feet for a guy that size, which means that even if his pass blocking is lacking, he'll get better at it...seeing that this will be his very first season on the OL and he'll be getting better.  Also, I'd trust the coaches on this one.  He did a really good job at the Auburn camp, you know the camps that had a bunch of stud defensive linemen.

Also, if that gay guy on AI was 6'6" over 310lbs., was a defensive lineman his previous couple of years and is a pretty good basketball player for his HS team...and he'd done a really good job at the camps against some stud defensive lineman, then yeah....I'd say the same about him.
I've already heard the Sen'Derrick Marks comparisons on this kid just because Sen'Derrick played basketball and was a kind of big guy. Blows my mind. Also, where are you getting your info on strengths or skill? ESPN doesn't even know this kid or anything, I couldn't find anything on Google either.

I do know his cousin went to AU though. Stacy Danley, but I don't really recognize the name.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 04:22:15 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 04:43:59 PM »
So, do you work out of TX? And what makes you so much better than me just because you sell bedpans, incontinence supplies, and raised toilet seats?
280TIGER, where you at? You were pretty chatty up until this point. Its cool though, if I went to school and got a marketing degree I would wonder what the fuck I was doing selling bedpans too.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 04:44:57 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 05:02:06 PM »
I could be wrong...my memory may be a bit vague...but I think Slade is able to do backflips.  Bonafied superstar if you ask me. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 05:45:19 PM »
I could be wrong...my memory may be a bit vague...but I think Slade is able to do backflips.  Bonafied superstar if you ask me. 

If he's got a good head on his shoulders and is 6-6 300+ lbs... ....and can do backflips, then I don't give a monkey raping fuck what Kaos thinks.  Get a blue uni on that kid, "sharpish". ($1 to Wes)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions