Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Aubrey Phillips

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Aubrey Phillips
« on: July 20, 2009, 03:34:33 PM »
And you guys fuck with us about Andre's moobs......

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/884/812244.jpg

I saw the 'Noles fans talking about how he was out of shape and was basically ran off from FSU, but thought it was sour grapes bullshit until I saw his pic and then him saying he was "mistreated". Hey, who knows....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Aubrey Phillips
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 03:53:01 PM »
The man has the good sense to keep his shirt on.

Moobs are one thing.  Putting them on display at the height of floppiness is another altogether.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 03:54:32 PM »
The man has the good sense to keep his shirt on.

Moobs are one thing.  Putting them on display at the height of floppiness is another altogether.
I can go along with that.

Do you guys see Phillips making any kind of contribution right away? He seems to think his petition to have the transfer rule waived will go seamlessly.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 03:55:52 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 03:59:16 PM »

Do you guys see Phillips making any kind of contribution right away? He seems to think his petition to have the transfer rule waived will go seamlessly.

The opportunity is there, but I doubt any PT will be simply handed to him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 04:17:41 PM »

If he's even close to playing shape, he can walk in immediately at 2nd string LT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 05:17:52 PM »
If he's even close to playing shape, he can walk in immediately at 2nd string LT.
Yeah, warm bodies and such at this point IMO.....especially if there is an injury during the season. Hell, fall camp isn't even here yet.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 05:19:02 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 05:29:49 PM »

IF he gets the waiver and get into shape, then, as wes said, the opportunity will be there.....IF he gets the waiver.  IMO, I don't seem to remember the NCAA granting too many of those. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

RWS

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 05:49:29 PM »
IF he gets the waiver and get into shape, then, as wes said, the opportunity will be there.....IF he gets the waiver.  IMO, I don't seem to remember the NCAA granting too many of those.  
He seems to think that because of the impending FSU probation that they will grant his waiver. Here is the problem though, he says he transfered because they mistreated him at FSU. He is just going to strap that onto the whole probation issue and use that to ultimately get the waiver. He says that he never would have signed at FSU had he known they would come under probation, however, he knew about the investigation and everything when he signed the dotted line. Good timing to use that excuse, but not so sure its going to fly with the NCAA.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 05:50:50 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 06:02:09 PM »
He seems to think that because of the impending FSU probation that they will grant his waiver. Here is the problem though, he says he transfered because they mistreated him at FSU. He is just going to strap that onto the whole probation issue and use that to ultimately get the waiver. He says that he never would have signed at FSU had he known they would come under probation, however, he knew about the investigation and everything when he signed the dotted line. Good timing to use that excuse, but not so sure its going to fly with the NCAA.

Me thinks he is not getting it!

Seriously, I don't think he gets the waiver and if I am to understand correctly since FSU released him and he still has all 4 years of eligibility left, which makes me believe that he will RS and have 4 years to play starting in 2010.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

RWS

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 06:12:17 PM »
Me thinks he is not getting it!

Seriously, I don't think he gets the waiver and if I am to understand correctly since FSU released him and he still has all 4 years of eligibility left, which makes me believe that he will RS and have 4 years to play starting in 2010.
He is transfering from DivI to DivI, so normally he would have to sit out a year regardless. That is what he is filing a petition for. What you are saying is correct, but I think his point is that he wants to be able to play immediately.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 06:14:04 PM »
I think a redshirt would do him some good, get him Yoxed up.  He'll be 345lbs...Solid and he'll be able to run under a 4.8, he'll probably bench around 500lbs. to boot.  Go get'em Coach Yox.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2009, 06:16:32 PM »
He is transfering from DivI to DivI, so normally he would have to sit out a year regardless. That is what he is filing a petition for. What you are saying is correct, but I think his point is that he wants to be able to play immediately.

I'm sure he does, who wouldn't?  I just don't think the NCAA will grant him the waiver.  If they do, then I think he will have the opportunity to make a push for some PT, but he will need to get himself in shape.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2009, 06:19:14 PM »
I don't like this one bit. 

He couldn't do a month and a half of college football at Florida St.  The coach was hard on him.  He tucked tail and ran. 

I understand the kid has potential, but it looks like we're counting on an 18 year old lazy fat kid to go from a caterpillar to a butterfly. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2009, 06:26:16 PM »
I don't like this one bit. 

He couldn't do a month and a half of college football at Florida St.  The coach was hard on him.  He tucked tail and ran. 

I understand the kid has potential, but it looks like we're counting on an 18 year old lazy fat kid to go from a caterpillar to a butterfly. 
You do realize who his OL coach was, don't you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 07:09:25 PM »
You do realize who his OL coach was, don't you?

Yeah, and I realize that Florida St's o-line is supposed to be pretty damn good this year. 

I also realize that Aubrey Phillips chose to play for Florida St's o-line coach.  He picked that school, and if you make a commitment (and a binding one at that) to play football for a school, you put up with whatever workouts they expect you to do. 

After reading around some, it seems like Phillips came in overweight, so they ran him until he dropped the weight.  They were also hard as hell on him probably trying to break him into being a disciplined football player.  It happens.  Some guys can't hack it such as Greg Smith.  Some do like Sen'Derrick Marks. 

I'm rooting for the kid now that he's on our campus, but I don't think we open our doors for him if we had a full quality o-line depth chart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 07:35:19 PM »
I don't think we open our doors for him if we had a full quality o-line depth chart.
You're probably right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions