Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ideas to fuck with Charter

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Ideas to fuck with Charter
« on: July 07, 2009, 11:18:01 AM »
These motherfuckers and their telemarketing are really pissing me off.  They call my cell phone EVERYDAY trying to get me to upgrade some service or another. There is a reason I haven't had a landline in almost ten years.  At first I used to just answer and fuck with them but that has worn thin on entertainment value.  I called them a few minutes ago to see what they could do about removing me from their call list.  This jackhole on the phone proceeds to tell me that they have a do not call list but in order for them to put me on it they have to charge me $1.95.  Can you imagine the gasket I blew when he told me that?

I have to pay them an extra one time amount for them to quit calling me.  If it were not for my cable interewebs I would cancel that shit right now.

Ideas?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Ideas to fuck with Charter
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 12:29:43 PM »
These motherfuckers and their telemarketing are really pissing me off.  They call my cell phone EVERYDAY trying to get me to upgrade some service or another. There is a reason I haven't had a landline in almost ten years.  At first I used to just answer and fuck with them but that has worn thin on entertainment value.  I called them a few minutes ago to see what they could do about removing me from their call list.  This jackhole on the phone proceeds to tell me that they have a do not call list but in order for them to put me on it they have to charge me $1.95.  Can you imagine the gasket I blew when he told me that?

I have to pay them an extra one time amount for them to quit calling me.  If it were not for my cable interewebs I would cancel that shit right now.

Ideas?

To clarify: You use their internet service, and they're calling you to upgrade?

I think the fine print of your contract will probably govern and their privacy policy will reserve the right for them to annoy you.  I don't think you can invoke the federal DNC list, since you are a customer, so you're probably at their mercy.  Shell out the dough or continue fucking with them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Tiger Six

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 12:33:08 PM »
Tell them that Mr. Mount was a victim of a violent murder and that you are a police investigator. 

Proceed with asking them questions about their relationship with Mr. Mount.  Tell them that you will have to get a local policeman to come out and ask them some questions.

End with the fact that you believe that Mr. Mount was a flaming homosexual and they are now suspected of being a jilted lover and will have to come down to the station to answer some questions. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 12:39:13 PM »
Tell them that Mr. Mount was a victim of a violent murder and that you are a police investigator. 

Proceed with asking them questions about their relationship with Mr. Mount.  Tell them that you will have to get a local policeman to come out and ask them some questions.

End with the fact that you believe that Mr. Mount was a flaming homosexual and they are now suspected of being a jilted lover and will have to come down to the station to answer some questions. 

That is a great prank call!  Haven't heard it in years though.

I think you are right Wes since I am already a customer I'm boned as far as it being covered under DNC list.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 10:10:29 AM »
I think you are right Wes since I am already a customer I'm boned as far as it being covered under DNC list.
That is correct, anyone you have services with can fuck with you as much as they want, the National DNC does not apply.

Here's an idea call them and tell them your switching telephone numbers, that the new number on your account should be (205) 353-55...(ha ha I kid) but change it to a fake number or give'em your sisters number.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 10:12:43 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 10:20:48 AM »
Get a landline. But no phone.

It's what I did. Had to have it for the alarm system anyway. I give that number to anybody I don't want to hear from.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 10:28:30 AM »
That is correct, anyone you have services with can fuck with you as much as they want, the National DNC does not apply.

Here's an idea call them and tell them your switching telephone numbers, that the new number on your account should be (205) 353-55...(ha ha I kid) but change it to a fake number or give'em your sisters number.

Update.  

I raised enough hell with them yesterday that supposedly they have added me to their DNC list without charging me.  As an extra measure of protection I changed my contact number to a fax number.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions