Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Barn Billboard LMAO!

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Barn Billboard LMAO!
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2009, 12:07:08 PM »
We are Saban's School Alabama. We don't need to do anything but walk in a school and recruits come to play for Saban Alabama. This just goes to show that you guys are just scared of Saban Alabama. This is another example of how far ahead Saban Alabama is and that Auburn has to do other things to compete with us. We here at Saban's School Alabama, are the cockiest bunch of fucktards in the NCAA. We mock anything that we didn't think of first. Sure we thought it was brilliant when Saban thought outside the box. But now, we just smuggly laugh. Saban Alabama doesn't need to do that anymore. We won the MNC SEC SEC West last year so we are back.
I know thats the way you want to spin it because its inflammatory, but thats not even what I'm arguing. But to address what you have said, I think we are ahead of AU, yes. But, not in the sense that you say it. We have spent Y E A R S behind Auburn. Our program has been a total mess the better part of the past decade, and there is no arguing that. We are just now getting back on our feet. We had a great season last season, but lets see how we are able to maintain that. But if you honestly think Auburn has been at no disadvantage to Alabama for the past few years, then you are either stupid or just living under a rock. We have better talent at key positions, and I think AU got a taste of that in 08. I'm not saying we're vastly superior, blah blah blah, whatever bullshit you want to say to make an inflammatory comment and totally take out of context what I say, put words in my mouth, etc etc etc. I'm simply saying AU has been at a disadvantage the past few years.

I don't think anything that CNS has done recruiting wise is outside the box. Holy shit, he used video conferencing. How the fuck is that so outside the box? I'm sure its probably been done by a coach before. Going outside the box could definitely be defined as riding around in a limousine decked out in Auburn gear to "evaluate" prospects. I didn't even mock the main idea of the Big Cat Weekend, I simply mocked the whole pie/watermelon eating contest, rolling a tree, etc. I think its a great idea to get that many highly ranked guys all together at once on your campus. Its just everything thereafter is like my 3 year old's birthday party. But hey, keep spinning that whole jealousy theory. It doesn't make it anymore true, no matter how much you wish it would.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 12:08:08 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2009, 12:13:35 PM »

I don't think anything that CNS has done recruiting wise is outside the box. Holy shit, he used video conferencing. How the fuck is that so outside the box? I'm sure its probably been done by a coach before.

First to do it, probably not.

First to do it during a known dead period to gain an advantage........?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2009, 12:17:12 PM »
First to do it, probably not.

First to do it during a known dead period to gain an advantage........?
And it was well within NCAA rules. We're still waiting on the news on that violation, btw....... :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2009, 12:25:10 PM »
And it was well within NCAA rules. We're still waiting on the news on that violation, btw....... :thumbsup:

Never said it was a violation but it was something that had not been done before, ie. outside the box.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2009, 12:28:30 PM »
Never said it was a violation but it was something that had not been done before, ie. outside the box.
I didn't think it was all that special, but whatever floats your boat. I wouldn't think it would be in the same ballpark as Tiger Prowl or Big Cat Weekend.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 12:29:11 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2009, 12:31:23 PM »
I didn't think it was all that special, but whatever floats your boat. I wouldn't think it would be in the same ballpark as Tiger Prowl or Big Cat Weekend.

I think TP and BCW are a little larger splashes but if something is done for the first time it is considered new or outside the box to my way of thinking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2009, 12:49:44 PM »
But if you honestly think Auburn has been at no disadvantage to Alabama for the past few years, then you are either stupid or just living under a rock.
I'm simply saying AU has been at a disadvantage the past few years.

Past few years? How ya figure?

This is another tenet of the bammer mentality I was talking about in another thread.

ONE year = the "the past few years". ONE year = a trend. ONE year = the way things are, have been, and will be, as opposed to the anomaly in the actual real-life trend.

So how many years make up your "last few years" cutoff? Because if it's anything beyond the last ONE year, then you're simply wrong. Be it head-to-head or overall record, it's only an even wash if you count the last TWO years, and that's because the year before we had the advantage in both categories, which averages out to even with the ONE year anomaly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

#1Bammer

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2009, 01:04:23 PM »
   I'm glad I could bring some life into this sorry ass message board!  Now, all of you cow college fans can end this thread and go back to fuckin your sisters!   36-0  :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2009, 01:05:51 PM »
I think TP and BCW are a little larger splashes but if something is done for the first time it is considered new or outside the box to my way of thinking.
But nothing as outlandish as (gasp) putting up a billboard for your University outside an airport on a major interstate!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2009, 02:24:55 PM »
   I'm glad I could bring some life into this sorry ass message board!  Now, all of you cow college fans can end this thread and go back to fuckin your sisters!   36-0  :thumbsup:
Your stint is growing tiresome...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2009, 02:38:08 PM »
As I have already stated, my one and only point is that it shows AU football is hurting. Thats really about it, nothing major beyond that. I don't really think there are that many people walking around Mobile thinking "Geez, am I gonna be an Alabama fan or an Auburn fan? I just can't decide......OH, BILLBOARD!" Thats why I would assume a billboard with a bigass football helmet, and the tiger eyes that are used for athletics, and says "CHOOSE AUBURN" that is planted in the middle of Mobile (which just so happens to be an area AU coaches have vowed to take back) is meant for recruiting purposes. It simply outwardly says "We're hurting". I'm not going to sit here and post all these cute little emoticons about it, but it was good for a slight chuckle. Thats about it.

Jealousy? I know thats what you want our feelings towards Tiger Prowl and Big Cat Weekend to be, but it certainly isn't. We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you. Actually, just the simple fact that AU feels they need to do those kinds of things makes me feel pretty good about where Alabama stands. If AU coaches feel they need to go that far out of the box to simply have a shot with some recruits, something tells me Alabama is doing a pretty good job. Again, if you would read some of my posts, if Alabama put the same type of billboard up down here I would wonder what the hell the point is in that. If Alabama puts one up similar to AU's in Baldwin County tomorrow I would question it.

How does it show that AU football is hurting?  See this is where you obviously have no experience in marketing or marketing yourself.  I see dozens of billboards for McDonalds, wow they must really be hurting. 

It's called advertising, its called 117 teams, all vying for similar prospects. It is not about Alabama football or their recruiting, its about Auburn trying to achieve the best recruits and doing it in ways that create hype and excitement. 

If AU coaches feel they need to go that far out of the box to simply have a shot with some recruits, something tells me Alabama is doing a pretty good job.

As you yourself have stated some of the players that AU is after Alabama is not, including players that were present at the recruiting events. So why would something tell you that Alabama is doing a good job? If we are not after the same players how does that translate into Alabama doing a good job?  As far as the players that both teams are after well, I don't quite see how getting a bunch of recruits on campus all at the same time, to have a good time, is a stupid idea. 

I don't know how far out of the box it is, I have heard of other schools doing similar things.  The only reason I could see you laughing at us is nervous laughter because your worried its working.

if Alabama put the same type of billboard up down here I would wonder what the hell the point is in that. If Alabama puts one up similar to AU's in Baldwin County tomorrow I would question it.

I could really care less what your thoughts are about putting up an uat billboard.  Believe it or not, not everything Auburn does is because of uat football.  Jesus you guys are self centered.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 02:41:50 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2009, 02:50:00 PM »
     The thing I find amusing is you scoff at Auburn for being down in your opinion, then you scoff at them for trying new things.  Do you just expect them to do nothing and lay down for you? 
     BTW, to say Saban's tactics when he started at 'bama weren't outside the box is ridiculous.  He had an NCAA recruiting rule named after him to stop one "innovation"  and they had to rewrite another rule for clarification over the teleconferencing stunt.
     Personally, I hope the Arkansas coaches keep an eye on what Auburn is doing, and try to learn from it what works and what doesn't.  I hope we are trying new and innovative ways to catch the attention of 17 year olds.  If we do, some will probably work and some may not, but to just do the same things that have always been done seems like a good way to fall behind to me.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2009, 03:17:50 PM »
I think hookers are the way to go.

17 year olds are bound to like hookers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2009, 03:23:17 PM »
And Argo, cut the #1bammer, numberonebammer, #2bammer, NickSaban, PeterNorth bullshit out.

The jig is up.

It's annoying as fuck. No one's fooled. No one cares.

Bad news for you, that isn't me.  I hacked into two of those accounts because the password "bammer", but I didn't create either account and haven't even logged into this website since Sunday evening. 

You should probably talk to one of your Auburn buddies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2009, 03:30:58 PM »
Bad news for you, that isn't me.  I hacked into two of those accounts because the password "bammer", but I didn't create either account and haven't even logged into this website since Sunday evening. 

You should probably talk to one of your Auburn buddies.
Actually we can log ip addresses and I will swear on my life that neither of those two accounts were created by members of this board.  The reason he thought it was you is because it shows you using the account.  If they are Auburn fans they aren't registered on this board as such.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Argo

« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2009, 03:36:24 PM »
Actually we can log ip addresses and I will swear on my life that neither of those two accounts were created by members of this board.  The reason he thought it was you is because it shows you using the account.  If they are Auburn fans they aren't registered on this board as such.

Honestly, the passwords for NickSaban and #2bammer was "bammer".  I guessed it on the first try and initially changed both passwords because I was tired of seeing the dumbass posts by that person.  I then changed the passwords back to "bammer" because I figured someone here was trying to generate posts.

There are some dumbass Bama fans in this world, but I don't know one that would create an account under the name "bammer" and also have the password as "bammer". 

Where are the other IPs located at?  It does give a location doesn't it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2009, 03:57:18 PM »
Honestly, the passwords for NickSaban and #2bammer was "bammer".  I guessed it on the first try and initially changed both passwords because I was tired of seeing the dumbass posts by that person.  I then changed the passwords back to "bammer" because I figured someone here was trying to generate posts.

There are some dumbass Bama fans in this world, but I don't know one that would create an account under the name "bammer" and also have the password as "bammer". 

Where are the other IPs located at?  It does give a location doesn't it?
Both accounts were deleted following the controversy. So I am not sure anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Argo

« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2009, 04:07:20 PM »
Both accounts were deleted following the controversy. So I am not sure anymore.

Well, I haven't logged into the PeterNorth or any of the other generic bama usernames, so just ban those IP addresses.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2009, 04:12:47 PM »
     The thing I find amusing is you scoff at Auburn for being down in your opinion, then you scoff at them for trying new things.  Do you just expect them to do nothing and lay down for you? 
     BTW, to say Saban's tactics when he started at 'bama weren't outside the box is ridiculous.  He had an NCAA recruiting rule named after him to stop one "innovation"  and they had to rewrite another rule for clarification over the teleconferencing stunt.
     Personally, I hope the Arkansas coaches keep an eye on what Auburn is doing, and try to learn from it what works and what doesn't.  I hope we are trying new and innovative ways to catch the attention of 17 year olds.  If we do, some will probably work and some may not, but to just do the same things that have always been done seems like a good way to fall behind to me.

Welcome to the state of Alabama.  Whether it's on more national message boards or a local one like TigersX, Alabama fans ALWAYS carry the attitude of being the only legitimite football team in this state.  Auburn can't compete.  Alabama always wins.  If AU does somehow win, it's because Alabama had a mess up and allowed it to happen.  Auburn is stupid for trying to stay successful.  

Take all of this for instance.  According to Alabama fans, Auburn is just desperate to get back in the game with Alabama because they're "dominating" us so badly.  Auburn is crazy to think they have a chance against Bama, which is why Auburn resorts to "thinking outside the box."  What they don't realize, is that just a few freakin' years ago, they seemed pretty damn desperate when they hired Nick Saban for $4 million/year just so they could compete with Auburn again.  

But that's not what a Bammer will tell you.  They hired Nick Saban because Alabama is a powerhouse that always gets the best coaches (see Billy Curry, Ray Perkins, Dubose, Franchione, Mike Price, Mike Shula).  They have the most supportive and passionate fanbase (see bricks going through coaches' windows).  They have a tradition of winning and understand what it takes to win (see NCAA infractions in the last 20 years).  

:taunt:  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2009, 04:47:40 PM »
You know it's July when an Auburn billboard is cause for a thread working on five pages.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions