Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Barn Billboard LMAO!

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Barn Billboard LMAO!
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 04:39:20 PM »
What a dumb skank.

move on to something else. It was funny at first...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 04:43:15 PM »
Don't be a fucking moron. And don't insult my intelligence by making shit up.

Part of Auburns draw is it's football program. It is a part of who we are. People choose to come to the school for a variety of reasons -- football being one. Why not embrace a history that for the last 25 years has been better than yours?

Can you see the billboard from the Interstate? From a major road? You see a problem with promoting Auburn through its football program? How ironic. I guess that gaudy houndstooth striping you guys put on shit refers to professor's jackets. And the radio ad with the trashy whore bellowing raaawl taaahd when she talks about returning for her degree is a cheer for the biology class.  Right.

You're not this stupid rws. Quit pretending to be.   
Again, I think the billboard has a certain aim. There aren't that many folks from Mobile that are going to go to Auburn, or Alabama for that matter. Shit, look at USA. I know plenty of folks who have gone there, including somebody I work with. She was even amazed at how few Mobilians are there. When you look at the schools and what has happened with them over the past 5 years, thats not just a blind statement. Academics in the Mobile area are not good at all. Now, had AU put that billboard over in Baldwin County, again, I would be right there with you. One simply has to question a university billboard that:

1) Is in a very poor area
2) Is in an area with poor academics
3) Is in an area where AU has had their asses handed to them in recruiting for the past few years
4) Is in an area where AU coaches have already said they need to take back on the recruiting trail
5) Is mainly promoting football

Plus the fact that Chizik and Co. have already done all kinds of other crazy shit, would this really be that far out of the ballpark? Again, I agree that the billboard promotes the university itself as well, as does anything athletics related, by default only. When some kid in Prichard sees the billboard, I highly doubt the first thing he will think is "Oh, Civil Engineering!".

And please tell me you're joking about the Alabama ad. I've heard a few of them, but not that one. I'm hoping it does not exist.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 05:12:26 PM »
Again, I think the billboard has a certain aim. There aren't that many folks from Mobile that are going to go to Auburn, or Alabama for that matter. Shit, look at USA. I know plenty of folks who have gone there, including somebody I work with. She was even amazed at how few Mobilians are there. When you look at the schools and what has happened with them over the past 5 years, thats not just a blind statement. Academics in the Mobile area are not good at all. Now, had AU put that billboard over in Baldwin County, again, I would be right there with you. One simply has to question a university billboard that:

3) Is in an area where AU has had their asses handed to them in recruiting for the past few years
4) Is in an area where AU coaches have already said they need to take back on the recruiting trail
First of all, for someone that tried to pin the race card on Auburn fans about the Dre Kirk charger thing for being from a poor rough area, you sure are making a lot of insinuations in this thread.

Secondly, you act as if there's a force field around Baldwin County, and they never go into Mobile county.

Just like the countless billboards I've seen in Montgomery advertising for universities (Auburn, Alabama, UAB, Troy, you name it). They don't put them up in Prattville, but everyone knows that Prattvillians spend a lot of time in Montgomery. It has everything to do with population, and nothing to do with your conspiracy theories.

And please tell me you're joking about the Alabama ad. I've heard a few of them, but not that one. I'm hoping it does not exist.
I've heard them countless times on JOX, with either your fight song or Rammer Jammer blaring in the background with ex-QB Jay Barker doing the voice over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 05:35:20 PM »
So the theory is that this is more a recruiting tool in a talent rich area where Auburn has done poorly in the past couple of years.

Uh huh. Let's assume for argument's sake that you are correct.  And your point is what, exactly?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2009, 05:49:13 PM »
you want radio stations that promote bammer football, rws?  Are you that fuckin' stupid to not hear the bammer spots on 99.5 or on 94.5???  I was listening to the PF Show today and your boy Shane was trying to make a joke out of the Auburn billboard saying that it was pathetic, then he said....what's next, is Auburn going to run a commercial about Auburn football?  Then three commercials later, 94.5 runs a commercial on bammer football and the guy that paints the SPuat paintings, LMAO.  Sounds like someone else is desperate.  Also, if I remember correctly, SPuat had a billboard off of Hwy 65, in Birmingham, about 5 years ago.  So, keep hatin' bammers...it just makes us Auburn fans love it that much more, TOUCHDOOOOOWN AAAAUBURRRRN!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2009, 05:51:49 PM »
So the theory is that this is more a recruiting tool in a talent rich area where Auburn has done poorly in the past couple of years.

Uh huh. Let's assume for argument's sake that you are correct.  And your point is what, exactly?
Exactly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2009, 06:23:01 PM »
First of all, for someone that tried to pin the race card on Auburn fans about the Dre Kirk charger thing for being from a poor rough area, you sure are making a lot of insinuations in this thread.

Secondly, you act as if there's a force field around Baldwin County, and they never go into Mobile county.

Just like the countless billboards I've seen in Montgomery advertising for universities (Auburn, Alabama, UAB, Troy, you name it). They don't put them up in Prattville, but everyone knows that Prattvillians spend a lot of time in Montgomery. It has everything to do with population, and nothing to do with your conspiracy theories.
I've heard them countless times on JOX, with either your fight song or Rammer Jammer blaring in the background with ex-QB Jay Barker doing the voice over.
I did not try to pin the race card on anybody in the Dre Kirkpatrick thread. I don't think anybody ever made it about race, so neither did I. You hung your hat on the argument that since his father is a preacher and his mother worked for the government, therefore they could not afford the car. In this case, I have demographics on my side. By the way, have you ever walked down the street in the middle or Prichard? I haven't either. I, along with most sane people in the area, avoid downtown Mobile and Prichard at all costs. There are murders over there literally every day. Just over the weekend, some fucker with an AK-47 barged into a house and killed somebody. Then the next day he came back to finish off everybody else. That area is plagued by crime and drugs.

Alot of people in Baldwin County don't go to Mobile unless it is to go to work, or some sort of special event. There really isn't anything in Mobile that makes us jump up and say "Hey, I'm bored.....lets go to Mobile". Unless its to get some pot or something. There really isn't shit over there. Maybe its a little difficult to understand because you're not from this area, but Mobile is a total shithole.

As far as education, please. Over the past 5 years at some point or another the State of Alabama had to take control of alot of Mobile's schools due to poor standardized testing over a period of time. All high schools in Mobile have on-campus security or constant police protection. Just the other week the Mobile County School Board considered a resolution to buy tasers for all school security.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if you heard a sports advertisement on JOX. Amazing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2009, 06:42:50 PM »
you want radio stations that promote bammer football, rws?  Are you that fuckin' stupid to not hear the bammer spots on 99.5 or on 94.5???

Says the guy about the station that fucking broadcasts Auburn games!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2009, 06:47:32 PM »

99.5 is part of the Crimson Tide Network, or system of tubes, or synchronized toilet flushes, or what the fuck ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2009, 10:12:48 PM »

Yup...it's an Auburn station for around 6 hours, for 12 to 14 games, the rest of the time it's a bammer channel.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2009, 10:25:36 PM »

Plus the fact that Chizik and Co. have already done all kinds of other crazy shit, would this really be that far out of the ballpark? Again, I agree that the billboard promotes the university itself as well, as does anything athletics related, by default only. When some kid in Prichard sees the billboard, I highly doubt the first thing he will think is "Oh, Civil Engineering!".

This is ignorant and racist. 

Simple question yet to be answered.  Prichard is in the middle of the Interstate and two other major roads through Mobile.  Can this billboard be seen from I65?  90/98? 45?

Have you ever driven through Montgomery or Birmingham and seen ads promoting Troy, UAB, Alabama or other schools?  Are those all posted in fear of Saban and to boost recruiting in underprivileged neighborhoods?

Are you saying that poor kids from Prichard don't have the wherewithall to be civil engineers and should accept their role in life as a crack dealer?

No, I'm not joking about the Alabama ad.  It's been runnint for a couple of years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2009, 11:23:52 PM »

Simple question yet to be answered.  Prichard is in the middle of the Interstate and two other major roads through Mobile.  Can this billboard be seen from I65?  90/98? 45?

Have you ever driven through Montgomery or Birmingham and seen ads promoting Troy, UAB, Alabama or other schools?  Are those all posted in fear of Saban and to boost recruiting in underprivileged neighborhoods?

Are you saying that poor kids from Prichard don't have the wherewithall to be civil engineers and should accept their role in life as a crack dealer?

No, I'm not joking about the Alabama ad.  It's been runnint for a couple of years.
If its where I'm thinking it is, it can be seen from I-65 and Airport Blvd.

No, I can honestly say I haven't but you can't really take my word as accurate because I haven't been thru Montgomery in probably 5-6 years and haven't been to Birmingham for like 8 years. No is the answer, but its not really an accurate one. I could understand a school putting an ad on their home turf. Had the billboard been in say Lee County, that would be a no brainer. Don't get me wrong, had Alabama put up a billboard such as Auburn's down here I would wonder what the hell the point was in that as well. I'm not really saying the AU one is THAT big of a deal either, just shows how bad AU is hurting in this area is all, imo. Its a recruiting ploy, and thats fine. Like I said though, its just showing how much AU is hurting. Also, I've seen on other boards something about AU's enrollment has been capped for some time now. What the hell is that all about?

Obviously I can't say that about EVERY SINGLE kid from Prichard, but damn. Have you ever been through Prichard? Or known anybody that works/lives in Prichard? Take a stroll down those streets after dark, let me know how that works our for you. Its straight up fact that Mobile County has one of the worst school systems in the state, and is also one of the worst in standardized testing. Of course, that doesn't automatically make every single kid out of Prichard an idiot, but it doesn't look good for an argument that they are pushing the academic side of AU.

I've never heard the ad in question, but if it does in fact exist, and it is as bad as you say, then I can't and won't defend that.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 11:31:38 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2009, 11:25:21 PM »

Simple question yet to be answered.  Prichard is in the middle of the Interstate and two other major roads through Mobile.  Can this billboard be seen from I65?  90/98? 45?

Have you ever driven through Montgomery or Birmingham and seen ads promoting Troy, UAB, Alabama or other schools?  Are those all posted in fear of Saban and to boost recruiting in underprivileged neighborhoods?

No, I'm not joking about the Alabama ad.  It's been runnint for a couple of years.

Fuckin' dumbass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2009, 02:19:16 AM »
If its where I'm thinking it is, it can be seen from I-65 and Airport Blvd.

Then your entire premise is shot to shit and you can clam up now. 

Billboards are where they are.  If there's one that can be seen from I65 then maybe, just fucking maybe, it's intended to reach the thousands of people -- a good many of them Auburn fans -- who traverse the interstate daily. 

Or is it your purpose to tell me that the Mobile Bay Bears  are purposely placing signs in Prichard in order to hopefully entice young men from Prichard to try out for their teams because Saban is stealing so much talent from Mobile that there won't be a baseball program in a year or two if they can't slow him down a little?

Is it your purpose to tell me that signs for Hooters along I-65, located in Prichard, are a clever attempt to put the brakes on the Saban train and keep all the young female talent from flocking to the Tuscaloosa Hooters location to be nearer his leprechaun self? 

I have no problem telling you win you win a discussion. This one?  You got Choppered. Handed your ass on a platinum platter.  Game over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

BZ770

• BZ770 Is The Most Interesting Person On The X
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2009, 04:07:24 AM »
I live within 1 mile of that billboard and in no way do I live inthe middle of Prichard.  As far as the board I see it as a general recruiting adv for the univ Ie students in general.  And Airport BLvd is the equiv of Hwy 280 in bham, it will be seen by lots of cars, and no you can't see the sign from I65.  It's in front of Wings on Airport.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2009, 07:28:52 AM »
I live within 1 mile of that billboard and in no way do I live inthe middle of Prichard.  As far as the board I see it as a general recruiting adv for the univ Ie students in general.  And Airport BLvd is the equiv of Hwy 280 in bham, it will be seen by lots of cars, and no you can't see the sign from I65.  It's in front of Wings on Airport.

Impossible.  Nobody with any decency lives anywhere near there.  No self-respecting human would be caught dead in that area. Certainly no one who'd aspire to a college education. 

rws? You done lost your mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2009, 10:29:49 AM »

I'd like to go back to this point...I don't see a problem with it, its called marketing.   They are obviously promoting AU football to both fans and potential prospects.  Its a decent way to reach a mass group of people.  So, what is your point exactly?

I just read a lot of jealousy in this thread, sounds to me like y'all are pissed you didn't think of it first.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

RWS

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2009, 11:23:12 AM »
I'd like to go back to this point...I don't see a problem with it, its called marketing.   They are obviously promoting AU football to both fans and potential prospects.  Its a decent way to reach a mass group of people.  So, what is your point exactly?

I just read a lot of jealousy in this thread, sounds to me like y'all are pissed you didn't think of it first.
As I have already stated, my one and only point is that it shows AU football is hurting. Thats really about it, nothing major beyond that. I don't really think there are that many people walking around Mobile thinking "Geez, am I gonna be an Alabama fan or an Auburn fan? I just can't decide......OH, BILLBOARD!" Thats why I would assume a billboard with a bigass football helmet, and the tiger eyes that are used for athletics, and says "CHOOSE AUBURN" that is planted in the middle of Mobile (which just so happens to be an area AU coaches have vowed to take back) is meant for recruiting purposes. It simply outwardly says "We're hurting". I'm not going to sit here and post all these cute little emoticons about it, but it was good for a slight chuckle. Thats about it.

Jealousy? I know thats what you want our feelings towards Tiger Prowl and Big Cat Weekend to be, but it certainly isn't. We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you. Actually, just the simple fact that AU feels they need to do those kinds of things makes me feel pretty good about where Alabama stands. If AU coaches feel they need to go that far out of the box to simply have a shot with some recruits, something tells me Alabama is doing a pretty good job. Again, if you would read some of my posts, if Alabama put the same type of billboard up down here I would wonder what the hell the point is in that. If Alabama puts one up similar to AU's in Baldwin County tomorrow I would question it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2009, 11:26:39 AM »
Actually, just the simple fact that AU feels they need to do those kinds of things makes me feel pretty good about where Alabama stands. If AU coaches feel they need to go that far out of the box to simply have a shot with some recruits, something tells me Alabama is doing a pretty good job.

I thought the "Saban bump" and video conferencing was considered outside the box?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2009, 11:34:04 AM »
We are Saban's School Alabama. We don't need to do anything but walk in a school and recruits come to play for Saban Alabama. This just goes to show that you guys are just scared of Saban Alabama. This is another example of how far ahead Saban Alabama is and that Auburn has to do other things to compete with us. We here at Saban's School Alabama, are the cockiest bunch of fucktards in the NCAA. We mock anything that we didn't think of first. Sure we thought it was brilliant when Saban thought outside the box. But now, we just smuggly laugh. Saban Alabama doesn't need to do that anymore. We won the MNC SEC SEC West last year so we are back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions