Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pitchman Billy Mays found dead today....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Pitchman Billy Mays found dead today....
« on: June 28, 2009, 12:14:44 PM »
TAMPA — Billy Mays, the TV pitchman whose trademark voice helped sell everything from cleaning supplies to baking soda, was found dead this morning by his wife at his Tampa home. No cause of death has been reported and no foul play is suspected, according to Tampa police.

Mays, 50, was pronounced dead at 7:45 a.m. at 2853 Bowen Daniel Dr., #1201. His wife, Deborah Mays, found him unresponsive this morning. The Medical Examiner's Office will complete Mays' autopsy by tomorrow afternoon.

"Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days," Deborah Mays said in a statement today. "Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times."

Mays was a passenger Saturday of a 737 airplane that had a front tire blow out, said spokeswoman Brenda Geoghagan. Mays and other passengers were interviewed by US Airways staff after the Philadelphia flight's hard landing. Responders reported no injuries.

"Tampa Fire (Rescue) reported no injuries. Nobody asked for treatment," Geoghagan said. "Some of the passengers said they had bruises."

Mays was one of the stars of "Pitchmen," a Discovery Channel documentary series that focused on Mays' claim to fame: inventions and infomercials.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/article1014018.ece
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Birmingham

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NOT BILLY MAYS!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 01:00:08 PM »
My heart requires truck loads of mighty putty.  I will mourn this far more than the death of Michael Jack-a-kid-off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! NOT BILLY MAYS!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 01:06:47 PM »
This week has been like the beginning of the Apocalypse or something. Who next, the Sham-Wow! guy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Re: Pitchman Billy Mays found dead today....
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 01:46:25 PM »
Damn.  That's crazy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 02:08:39 PM »
Yeah, when I saw that about the plane, it does make me wonder if something in his body got knocked around too hard. Heck, he could have had a blood clot knocked loose and it went to his heart. Or I could just be talking out of my  :moon:.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 02:25:40 PM »
He's making Michael Jackson a new nose out of mighty putty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 05:58:15 PM »
Yeah, when I saw that about the plane, it does make me wonder if something in his body got knocked around too hard. Heck, he could have had a blood clot knocked loose and it went to his heart. Or I could just be talking out of my  :moon:.
I was wondering the same thing.  In the article, they were making it sound like he could've had some injuries from that, then he passed away.  I'm guessing that's what the article was insinuating.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions