Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Choppin' Broccoli

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Choppin' Broccoli
« on: January 02, 2008, 03:09:35 PM »
Okay, as an Auburn man, I'd normally try to put some positive spin on certain things...or at least try and rationalize why something happened.  But, what the hell is up with the chop blocks?  Pugh tried to take the guy out Monday night.  Period.  No spin, he tried to take the dude out.  The Dorsey chop has been hashed out a million times over.  But the bottom line is that Auburn has taken a hit from it and now Pugh gets center stage and tries to take a guy's knee out.  Turned out the ankle is what gave but that doesn't take away from the intent of it.  I honestly thought the Dorsey deal was a spur of the moment thing where Ramsy and Ziemba let a little immaturity get the best of em.'  They were tired of Dorsey's mouth and antics and gave each other the ole wink-wink in the huddle and said, "Let's give him something to think about."

Now, I'm not so sure.  Rarely do you see linemen blatantly go after a knee the way these guys are doing it.  Is it Nall?  Tuberville?  Feel free to opine, bash, argue or chop-block.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Six

Re: Choppin' Broccoli
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 03:27:49 PM »
The difference between an illegal chop block and a legal cut block in which the first lineman engages the DL and then slides off to get a piece of a LB is bad timing. 

That's the ticket. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 03:43:00 PM »
Okay, sounds reasonable to me.  Never mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 06:43:27 PM »
May I offer up the defense?...

eh hem...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 12:51:51 AM »
The difference between an illegal chop block and a legal cut block in which the first lineman engages the DL and then slides off to get a piece of a LB is bad timing. 

That's the ticket. 

Correct. The lineman next ot Pugh was not supposed to engage. But the DL came through the gap so fast that he tried to get a hand on him to slow him down. And that's when Pugh hit him. Bad timing. These guys are freshmen kicking senior's asses. They got to have something to work on the next three years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 01:13:11 AM »
The ball was snapped and Pugh went straight for the guy's knee.  There was NO MISTAKE.  He tried to injure him and succeeded.  We can spin it any way we want and try to say this guy is supposed to engage and this guy has the linebacker blah fuckin' blah. 

The ball was snapped, Pugh IMMEDIATELY looked to his right and threw his helmet and whole body into the tackle's knee.  There's a reason Auburn is being called out for this shit and it's legit.  It's a cheap shot and it needs to stop.

Golly gee, dude.  We had this certain block called and unfortunately, while it may have looked like I dove like a missile directly at the side of your knee as if I was trying to take you out....it really was a blown assignment.  Really.  Can I get you some ice, a splint, some crutches or something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2008, 04:59:49 PM »
I thought this was going to be a thread about Dana Carvey...

« Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 05:02:24 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions