Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sarkisian cheats for the first time

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
Sarkisian cheats for the first time
« on: June 10, 2009, 01:58:00 PM »
How the hell else could Washington land this guy?  Look out, Pete Carroll.

Washington Lands Four-Star Passer Montana

June 10, 2009

Rick Kimbrel

Rivals.com College Football Recruiting Analyst

Four-star quarterback Nick Montana (6-3, 186, 4.6) from Westlake Village (Calif.) Oaks Christian made one school very happy Tuesday night as he has made his college decision.

Montana had plenty of options as he had offers from the likes of Arizona, Arizona State, Stanford, Washington, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, South Carolina, Florida State, Maryland, Nebraska, Notre Dame and Ohio State.

But in the end, it was a Pac-10 program that got the commitment.

"Nick committed to Washington tonight," Oaks Christian coach Bill Redell said. "I think Nick made a great decision, and I think his family is happy with the decision."

The decision can be traced to the efforts of Washington's head coach. Montana had just taken an unofficial visit to Seattle this past weekend.

"Steve Sarkisian did a great job recruiting him," Redell said. "Getting Nick is great for the future of the Washington program.

"Not only do the Huskies get a great quarterback in Nick. But they get a great family, too."

Montana is the son of NFL legend Joe Montana. As a junior, Montana threw for 2,404 yards and 33 touchdowns.

"In Nick, the Huskies get a quarterback with outstanding leadership skills," Redell said. "He is very poised, nothing rattles him. He is extremely calm under fire."

Montana earned newcomer of the year, first-team all-CIF, first-team all-county, first-team all-state and first-team all-league after completing 55 percent of his passes as a junior. He can make plays with his feet and had three rushing touchdowns to his credit.

Landing Montana is a good beginning for the Sarkisian era of Husky football.

Montana is the ninth known commitment for the Huskies and the most decorated player in their class. UDub also has a pledge from four-star defensive tackle Sione Potoae, but recently the 6-foot-3, 285-pounder has been looking at other schools.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=954354
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Sarkisian cheats for the first time
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 03:38:10 PM »
And the cycle continues...

Washington sucks ass.  
Gets new coach.
New coach gets great QB (Jake Locklar).
Washington sucks ass.
Gets new coach.
New coach gets great QB (Nick Montana).
Washington...?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 02:27:40 AM by townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 01:02:03 PM »
How the hell else could Washington land this guy?  Look out, Pete Carroll.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=954354

What could Udub offer this kid that his daddy can't buy him?  Could it be that daddy helped him decide based on some factors unknown to outsiders that was football based?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 01:41:39 PM »
What could Udub offer this kid that his daddy can't buy him?  Could it be that daddy helped him decide based on some factors unknown to outsiders that was football based?

"Look, son.  You're a Montana.  We were genetically enhanced a long time ago to be top quality quarterbacks.  You need to go to a school that will start from day one.  They won't have any other superstars, so you'll be the sole reason Washington turns the program around.  You'll play three years, set Washington records (easily broken), and then be drafted #1 to the San Francisco 49ers.  Don't worry, the plan to keep the 49ers sucking until then is still working.  I can't wait to play in the...wait...I mean I can't wait for YOU to play in the NFL!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 07:00:13 PM »
"Look, son.  You're a Montana.  We were genetically enhanced a long time ago to be top quality quarterbacks.  You need to go to a school that will start from day one.  They won't have any other superstars, so you'll be the sole reason Washington turns the program around.  You'll play three years, set Washington records (easily broken), and then be drafted #1 to the San Francisco 49ers.  Don't worry, the plan to keep the 49ers sucking until then is still working.  I can't wait to play in the...wait...I mean I can't wait for YOU to play in the NFL!"

Probably the long and short of it right there.  Early playing time, no pressure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions