Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Excerpt from the NCAA Press Release

Aubie16

Excerpt from the NCAA Press Release
« on: June 11, 2009, 03:17:23 PM »
The university is a repeat violator, having appeared before the committee in 2002 for violations in its football program. At the time of the 2002 case, the university was also a repeat violator due to a 1999 case involving its men's basketball program.

So they've been a repeat violator TWICE and they still get a slap on the wrist??

WHAT A FREAKING JOKE.

The NCAA basically just said everything is a free-for-all now. Nobody has to be accountable anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Re: Excerpt from the NCAA Press Release
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 03:23:43 PM »

So they've been a repeat violator TWICE and they still get a slap on the wrist??

WHAT A FREAKING JOKE.

The NCAA basically just said everything is a free-for-all now. Nobody has to be accountable anymore.

I did like this comment from the Q&A at the NCAA press conference:

"This extends the five year window in which they're subject to the death penalty."

Extension means there's no break.  That means they could get hammered for anything else happening between 2002-2014.  That packet of info and the other shit going around involves infractions happening in that window.

Not to mention, Alabama had that PLOI for a year before releasing it.  If any cheating took place, it's Bama's own fault for not warning those involved that any additional cheating could lead to very serious penalties. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 03:32:41 PM »
"This extends the five year window in which they're subject to the death penalty."
I am sure they are quaking in their boots.  Brrr.... :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 09:25:19 PM »
Not making light of the situation since we 1) got off fairly easy and 2) it was much more wide scale that initially thought but I'm glad that the shenanigans the kids are choosing to partake in that in return hit the university with NCAA trouble is that of textbooks this year and not blow.

Not a big improvement since we're dealing with technical theft but I'm a college student myself and if there's one thing I won't shut up about at the beginning of every semester it's how much I'm being raped by having to pay $160.00 for a text book.  I hate that shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 09:52:22 PM »
Who were the other two football players that was involved?  The NCAA said that there was 7 involved, but only 5 was suspended for the textbook violations.  I'm guessing that the other two graduated before the '07 season?  I'm also guessing that the "bammer's back" game ('05 Florida/Prothro injury) doesn't count anymore?  What about the paintings of the Spuat/Southern Miss "The Catch" game...would they have to pull those off the shelves if that's one of the games being vacated?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 11:09:31 PM »
Who were the other two football players that was involved?  The NCAA said that there was 7 involved, but only 5 was suspended for the textbook violations.  I'm guessing that the other two graduated before the '07 season?  I'm also guessing that the "bammer's back" game ('05 Florida/Prothro injury) doesn't count anymore?  What about the paintings of the Spuat/Southern Miss "The Catch" game...would they have to pull those off the shelves if that's one of the games being vacated?
The Catch never happened...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 12:44:30 AM »
The Catch never happened...

Fuck - Prothro can't catch a break. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 08:20:46 AM »

I will refrain from the obvious tasteless joke that is available here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 08:43:33 PM »

:vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions