Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

IF...you had it to do...

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
IF...you had it to do...
« on: June 10, 2009, 11:30:37 PM »
All over again.  What would you do?  As I stand on my porch, shaking my fist...seriously...I have a daughter starting at AU this Fall and she's had some issues with going to Auburn or Troy or here or there.  She's young and has no idea what she really wants from life.  I try to relay to her what college was like and what she truly has to look forward to.  As I'm doing this, I'm realizing, it really was all new to me when I hit AU for my freshman year.  I had no idea what to expect and looking back, I know I didn't take full advantage of everything I had in front of me. 

This includes everything from education, to partying, to girls, to adventure etc.  And I've often said I'd do it all over again...HOWEVER...there is one very important stipulation....

I would ONLY do it all over again if I could go back....knowing what I know now.

Would you?  If so, how would you change things?  What would you change?  You're 18 again.  It's all in front of you and you have the opportunity to do it all over again with the knowledge you have right now. 

Well.....?????
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: IF...you had it to do...
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 12:08:06 AM »
I would ONLY do it all over again if I could go back....knowing what I know now.

This.  I would be a dangerous fucker if I could be 18 with my current experience.

Fuck, why couldn't Dudley Moore or Jamie Lee Curtis be my psuedo-parent.  I'd rule the school.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 01:24:51 AM »
All over again.  What would you do?  As I stand on my porch, shaking my fist...seriously...I have a daughter starting at AU this Fall and she's had some issues with going to Auburn or Troy or here or there.  She's young and has no idea what she really wants from life.  I try to relay to her what college was like and what she truly has to look forward to.  As I'm doing this, I'm realizing, it really was all new to me when I hit AU for my freshman year.  I had no idea what to expect and looking back, I know I didn't take full advantage of everything I had in front of me. 

This includes everything from education, to partying, to girls, to adventure etc.  And I've often said I'd do it all over again...HOWEVER...there is one very important stipulation....

Would you?  If so, how would you change things?  What would you change?  You're 18 again.  It's all in front of you and you have the opportunity to do it all over again with the knowledge you have right now. 

Well.....?????
Not go to Law School, not be in debt, not be in fucking Barbri... Jaded much?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 01:46:45 AM »
I hit a morality phase the first two years of college.  By the time I got over it, I had met my wife. 

So, this is easy for me.  If I could do it all over again from the beginning, I would have:

1. Drank to get drunk.
2. Not played the "I'm not that big of partier" card.  It never worked and usually turned me into the "friend." 
3.  Slept/fooled around.
4.  Made all A's because if you think about it, all it took was a little effort which I never gave. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 08:56:21 AM »
I had two girlfriends back-to-back that spanned all of college for me. I had only my first semester to fuck around, and I didn't take nearly enough advantage of that.

I got plenty laid throughout college, but for 2 1/2 years it was from one girl, and then immediately following it was from another one through the home stretch.

I would be putting up numbers at a similar rate to how I did once I moved to B'ham (or better). Because as we all know, the quality of girls in Auburn (and availability) is far better there than it is here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 10:58:34 AM »
Yeah, the whole "Going for it" with girls would be one of the biggies for me.  And as THS said, making all A's and focusing on exactly what I wanted to do as far as a career would be a priority.  I thought I had pressure back then....uumm...NO!! Making the Dean's list or Magnum Cum Loudly would be a breeze.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 11:04:28 AM »
I wouldn't have married that succubus.  That's about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 12:29:46 PM »

Well.....?????
[/quote]

I'd only do it with my current knowledge and experience...because otherwise I'd fuck it all up again. 

Starters...I'd have worked harder in school

I'd have gotten a real undergrad degree instead of a bullshit criminal justice. 

Other stuff...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 12:35:28 PM »
Two chicks at the same time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 12:39:37 PM »
Two chicks at the same time.

Well, the type of chicks that'd double up on a dude like you need the money.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 04:51:50 PM »
I would have not been as prim and proper and would have been less scared of breaking the always nebulous "rules".  There is no such thing as a lifetime permanent record.

I also would have not been involved with ANY of the men in my past save one.  And with him, I would have found a way to make it work instead of fucking it up.

In high school, I would have cared less about the other bitches on the cheerleading squad and the rednecks that surrounded me on a daily basis.  I would pity them instead of wishing I was included in their social circle.

I would have taken the job with the FBI rather than marry the asshole.  I would have left Auburn with a clean slate and moved to DC and started over.  I'd have found a man that would satisfy my fetich for uniforms and authority figures.  Cop, military man, Special Agent in Charge... :)

I would have gone to law school instead of grad school.

I would have enjoyed life after my divorce a little more rather than sit at home miserable because I was single.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions