Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Sugar Bowl

kirkAU

Sugar Bowl
« on: January 02, 2008, 12:23:24 AM »
for those that watched the sugar bowl between UGA and Hawaii:

pregame: fox first had to have all this shit on how awesome hawaii and their QB, brennan, is and how much of a hero he was going to be during the game.
then they showed all the polynesian warrior bull the players (hawaii) do during pregame.  all around, it was the hawaii show until the first quarter.

then, as i'm sure most of us saw, UGA kicked their ass, brutally.

The fox commentators spoke of feeling bad for hawaii, how they fought hard, how america wanted to see them win. bull shit!
The sugar bowl was not an example of a cinderella (sp?) team fighting their hearts out.  The sugar bowl was another example of how dominate the SEC is.  To expect an undefeated WAC team to even begin to compete against an SEC team is delusional.  UGA's 2nd string would have beat Hawaii just as bad.  i don't understand why the fox comentators have to bring sympathy into the sugar bowl.  there is no room for sympathy in football. let's just call it what it is, UGA stomped Hawaii's ass. SEC football is the best and toughest conference.

btw, WAR EAGLE, pretty good season this year. lookin forward to next year.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Skip

Sugar Bowl
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 12:28:39 AM »
Anyone listening to these idiots call the game on Fox ? I hope they brought their catch-rags to wipe Hawaii’s spluge off their chins. I don’t think I have ever seen a couple of talking heads go down on a team with more force or enjoyment.

They must be trying to keep the Warrior faithful from turning off the TV and hitting the beach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Skip

Re: Sugar Bowl
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 12:30:07 AM »
for those that watched the sugar bowl between UGA and Hawaii:

pregame: fox first had to have all this shit on how awesome hawaii and their QB, brennan, is and how much of a hero he was going to be during the game.
then they showed all the polynesian warrior bull the players (hawaii) do during pregame.  all around, it was the hawaii show until the first quarter.

then, as i'm sure most of us saw, UGA kicked their ass, brutally.

The fox commentators spoke of feeling bad for hawaii, how they fought hard, how america wanted to see them win. bull shit!
The sugar bowl was not an example of a cinderella (sp?) team fighting their hearts out.  The sugar bowl was another example of how dominate the SEC is.  To expect an undefeated WAC team to even begin to compete against an SEC team is delusional.  UGA's 2nd string would have beat Hawaii just as bad.  i don't understand why the fox comentators have to bring sympathy into the sugar bowl.  there is no room for sympathy in football. let's just call it what it is, UGA stomped Hawaii's ass. SEC football is the best and toughest conference.

btw, WAR EAGLE, pretty good season this year. lookin forward to next year.

Apparently you are a faster typist than I am.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Razorhawk

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 05:58:12 PM »
To think that Hawaii could not compete with the SEC is IMO a little off base.  I think they would do well against Ole Miss, Vandy, Kentucky, Miss St, Arkansas and maybe Bama.  No question they were totally outclassed and stuffed by Georgia.   If they had been in the SEC, they definitely would have not been 12-0 and probably would have been around .500, if they had some patsies for non-conference games. 

The SEC is so difficult because of the overall balance of the league.  There are very few easy games.  Hawaii was still a decent team, that probably should have been ranked at the bottom of the top 25 or 30 in the country.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 07:14:52 PM »
Fans of any team that has fat ass verne and clueless gary -- the not so ambiguously gay duo -- dancing in the booth during one of their team's punkish, thuggish displays should shut completely the fuck up in regard to media coverage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AlicevilleEagle

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 08:14:39 PM »
Fans of any team that has fat ass verne and clueless gary -- the not so ambiguously gay duo -- dancing in the booth during one of their team's punkish, thuggish displays should shut completely the fuck up in regard to media coverage.

I'm not exactly sure of your opinion on the matter K.  Care to elaborate?

:big: :big:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions