Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Jawara White

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Jawara White
« on: June 08, 2009, 11:09:22 AM »
Anybody have any clue what time he is going to commit to yall today?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Jawara White
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 11:20:05 AM »
Anybody have any clue what time he is going to commit to yall today?

All I have heard was sometime today.  Is he a lean to us?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 11:23:39 AM »
All I have heard was sometime today.  Is he a lean to us?
Yeah, I don't think he's going anywhere else but AU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 11:29:07 AM »
5:30. 

And yeah, if doesn't commit to us, it'd be a disaster.  He had a great time in AU over the weekend, and his mother spent about an hour talking to Coach Chizik one on one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 11:30:08 AM »
Yeah, I don't think he's going anywhere else but AU.

I don't keep up with it nearly as much as some others around here.  Looks like a pretty good pickup just judging by his stats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 11:32:45 AM »
I don't keep up with it nearly as much as some others around here.  Looks like a pretty good pickup just judging by his stats.
And it puts AU-uat in a dead heat with head-to-heads.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 12:48:58 PM »
And it puts AU-uat in a dead heat with head-to-heads.
Ladarius Owens will probably tip the scale yalls way for a while also when he commits to AU. I'm still pleased, because it seems like we are still cherry picking at certain positions. LB is going to be a tough position to sell at UA depth chart wise, but I still like our chances with CJ Mosley. Even if you guys win the numbers game, I think I will still be happy with our quality.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 01:02:35 PM »
I don't know anything about White, but I've heard he's solid.... sooooo nice pick-up!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 03:50:37 PM »
Ladarius Owens will probably tip the scale yalls way for a while also when he commits to AU. I'm still pleased, because it seems like we are still cherry picking at certain positions. LB is going to be a tough position to sell at UA depth chart wise, but I still like our chances with CJ Mosley. Even if you guys win the numbers game, I think I will still be happy with our quality.
I think y'all will land LB CJ, DB Jarrick Williams and possibly RB Corey Grant.  WR Solomon Patton, out of Mobile, will commit to UF this weekend or next week sometime, more than likely.

I feel that y'alls class will be another really good to great one, depending on the NCAA and what the sanctions will be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 04:40:39 PM »
I think y'all will land LB CJ, DB Jarrick Williams and possibly RB Corey Grant.  WR Solomon Patton, out of Mobile, will commit to UF this weekend or next week sometime, more than likely.

I feel that y'alls class will be another really good to great one, depending on the NCAA and what the sanctions will be.
I think most Alabama fans expected a class heavy on skill positions (WR and DB). So far, it looks like thats what we are getting. I was a little surprised Patton went to UF, but can understand why. He feels like he fits into their scheme the best, and he is probably right. Like I said before, we are cherry picking some talent and I'm OK with that. Not only on the state level, but on the national level as well. I don't think any of us expected to get White, and Owens is an AU legacy. Not that I wouldn't want either of them, I think its just a longshot to begin with. I liked our chances with Patton, but can understand why he made the decision to go with UF.  I don't think we hold any clear lead for Williams, but I think he is a priority and we will land him. We need elite DBs badly. Mosley and Grant should be great pickups as well.

As far as the NCAA, I really don't think that will be that huge of an issue. I don't see them putting a TV or post-season ban on us, so I don't really see where it will affect a player.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 04:41:34 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 05:04:36 PM »
I think most Alabama fans expected a class heavy on skill positions (WR and DB). So far, it looks like thats what we are getting. I was a little surprised Patton went to UF, but can understand why. He feels like he fits into their scheme the best, and he is probably right. Like I said before, we are cherry picking some talent and I'm OK with that. Not only on the state level, but on the national level as well. I don't think any of us expected to get White, and Owens is an AU legacy. Not that I wouldn't want either of them, I think its just a longshot to begin with. I liked our chances with Patton, but can understand why he made the decision to go with UF.  I don't think we hold any clear lead for Williams, but I think he is a priority and we will land him. We need elite DBs badly. Mosley and Grant should be great pickups as well.

As far as the NCAA, I really don't think that will be that huge of an issue. I don't see them putting a TV or post-season ban on us, so I don't really see where it will affect a player.
Well yeah, if the NCAA does hand down a post-season, TV ban, or something like that...then that could affect the upcoming signing class, somewhat.  If not, then the only thing that would affect the signing class, would be the Scholarship reductions.  The scholarship reductions (2 or more, per year) will not only affect this upcoming class, it would affect last year's class, as well.  As of right now, Coach $abben has to make room for 12 or 13 players from last year's signing class.  So, if the NCAA hands down scholarship reductions (I'm guessing it would be against the 85 Limit), those 12-13 players turn into 14 or more that has to be placed, somewhere.  I'm sure a couple will "Greyshirt", not qualify or become a walk-on.
Even without, possible, scholarship reductions, 12-13 players are a lot to move around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 05:17:21 PM »
Well yeah, if the NCAA does hand down a post-season, TV ban, or something like that...then that could affect the upcoming signing class, somewhat.  If not, then the only thing that would affect the signing class, would be the Scholarship reductions.  The scholarship reductions (2 or more, per year) will not only affect this upcoming class, it would affect last year's class, as well.  As of right now, Coach $abben has to make room for 12 or 13 players from last year's signing class.  So, if the NCAA hands down scholarship reductions (I'm guessing it would be against the 85 Limit), those 12-13 players turn into 14 or more that has to be placed, somewhere.  I'm sure a couple will "Greyshirt", not qualify or become a walk-on.
Even without, possible, scholarship reductions, 12-13 players are a lot to move around.
We were looking at about 12-13 as it was without a reduction. I'm guessing that if they have a plan to drop that many guys, then dropping 1-2 more won't be that difficult. All it is at this point is a guessing game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 10:30:24 AM »
I liked our chances with Patton, but can understand why he made the decision to go with UF.

Maybe it's like Lord Visor once said....there scholarships are worth more than everyone else's?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan