Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

For the majority of fans that thought the "Tiger Prowl" was big......

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: For the majority of fans that thought the "Tiger Prowl" was big......
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2009, 03:12:43 AM »
Make sure you check the sellers feedback rating.

It's cool.  He's only got one negative and that was a fatwa. Guess that's like a "no harm no foul" in Arabic or something. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2009, 10:31:39 AM »
For your information rws, Coach Trooper nor Coach Luper didn't yell out any of the player's names.  Again, you need to go back and watch the videos...as does the rest of your mouthbreathing fanbase.  The guy that's yellin' out the names of the players is coming from a little white guy.
The original one, or the edited one with all of the coaches taken out of it? Either way, if it was Luper, Taylor,  or not, they still had their names announced to a crowd at an organized recruiting event, and coaches were present. If you try to argue that it wasn't an organized recruiting event, then thats just plain dumb.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 10:37:47 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

#2Bammer

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2009, 10:38:28 AM »
The original one, or the edited one with all of the coaches taken out of it? Either way, if it was Luper, Taylor,  or not, they still had their names announced to a crowd at an organized recruiting event, and coaches were present. If you try to argue that it wasn't an organized recruiting event, then thats just plain dumb.

He is just plain dumb.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2009, 01:42:45 PM »
13.10.6 Introduction of Prospective Student-Athlete.
An institution may not introduce a visiting prospective student-athlete at a function (e.g., the institution’s sports award banquet or an intercollegiate athletics contest) that is attended by media representatives or open to the general public. Violations of this bylaw do not affect a prospective student-athlete’s eligibility and are considered institutional violations per Constitution 2.8.1. (Revised: 1/14/97)

13.7.3 Activities During Unofficial Visit.
An institution may not arrange miscellaneous, personalized recruiting aids (e.g., personalized jerseys, personalized audio/visual scoreboard presentations) and may not permit a prospective student-athlete to engage in any game-day simulations (e.g., running onto the field with the team during pregame introductions) during an unofficial visit. Personalized recruiting aids include any decorative items and special additions to any location the prospective student-athlete will visit (e.g., hotel room, locker room, coach’s office, conference room, arena) regardless of whether or not the items include the prospective student-athlete’s name or picture.

1. The University did not advertise the event, the fans did, and the University didn't introduce recruits, a fan did; hence, no violation.

2. Toomer's corner gets rolled on several occasions throughout the year, not just on gameday (Toomer's was rolled when Barak Obama was elected President).  So technically, its not a "gameday" simulation....also it says the institution cannot arrange miscellaneous, personalized recruiting aids. The coaches did not give the recruits toilet paper, only fans did; hence, no violation.

The only thing that I could see as being a violation is Coach Trooper leading the crowd in a chant, I'm guessing that's a violation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #64 on: June 01, 2009, 02:34:33 PM »
by "rest of us" I assume you're meaning all of your bammer brothers.  So, greasey have you received your Sons of Sabban (SOS) t-shirt yet?  Again, you are wrong, it wasn't an embarrassment to all of the Auburn fans that knows that things need to be done in recruiting to catch the recruits attention, to bad you're too fuckin' retarded to understand that.
No spineless fucker I am not a bammer. But fear not you will flip flop on this and soon. You've already shown your spineless ability to stand up and rah-rah what ever you feel will make you liked by Auburn people.
You weak, spineless and basically pathetic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #65 on: June 01, 2009, 03:10:02 PM »
No spineless fucker I am not a bammer. But fear not you will flip flop on this and soon. You've already shown your spineless ability to stand up and rah-rah what ever you feel will make you liked by Auburn people.
You weak, spineless and basically pathetic.
You are a sad fucking piece of bammer shit.  When Coach Chizik was hired, I was one of many that didn't like the hire, but then I realized that this isn't Iowa "Cesspool II" State and that just because he wasn't successful there, doesn't neccessarily mean that he won't be successful here...with better players, better facilities and more money to hire better assistants.  I wanted to wait and see what assistants that he'd be able to bring in.  After the last assistant said that he wanted to be a part of what was going on, I was very, very impressed.  Also, I could give two shits what other people think about me.  Open your fuckin' eyes, maybe then you'll be able to see the type of coaches that Coach Chizik has surrounded himself with....that is if you really know anything about College Football.

Am I saying that Auburn will be successful, just because of a talented coaching staff?  No.  What I am saying is that nearly all of the coaches are a player's coach and that if they can gel with each other and gel with the players (which I think that they'll be able to), then Auburn could become successful....maybe even, very successful.  It's going to come down to what these coaches can do behind the scenes and on the field.  So far, they've been nothing but impressive.  Word of advice for you, greaseybammer, go to you nearest Optometrist and see if he can empty out your shit filled eyeballs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2009, 11:02:25 AM »
13.10.6 Introduction of Prospective Student-Athlete.
An institution may not introduce a visiting prospective student-athlete at a function (e.g., the institution’s sports award banquet or an intercollegiate athletics contest) that is attended by media representatives or open to the general public. Violations of this bylaw do not affect a prospective student-athlete’s eligibility and are considered institutional violations per Constitution 2.8.1. (Revised: 1/14/97)
The deal at Toomer's was attended by media representatives, and was open to the general public. According to Woodberry's writeup, it was advertised on the three major sites that cover AU. Then it was also advertised on thos sites that fans are encouraged to attend. There were over 100 people there, and it was held in a public place. I would call that open to the general public. It might be one thing if the assistant coaches were not in attendance. You could sort of argue it your way then, but assistant coaches were present. The freaking school mascot was present. Thats where the institution is brough it, and gives it the sense that it was sponsored by the institution. It does not matter whether the person doing the announcing actually works for AU or not.

13.7.3 Activities During Unofficial Visit.
An institution may not arrange miscellaneous, personalized recruiting aids (e.g., personalized jerseys, personalized audio/visual scoreboard presentations) and may not permit a prospective student-athlete to engage in any game-day simulations (e.g., running onto the field with the team during pregame introductions) during an unofficial visit. Personalized recruiting aids include any decorative items and special additions to any location the prospective student-athlete will visit (e.g., hotel room, locker room, coach’s office, conference room, arena) regardless of whether or not the items include the prospective student-athlete’s name or picture.
What has been brought up is an organized recruiting event. Evan Woodbery says he would be surprised if AU didn't self report themselves for violations that occured during the event. There were police there 45 minutes before the event. As I previously stated, Aubie was there. At least one AU assistant coach was there. Its not that difficult to see, that this was organized by AU staff. Even you yourself said your "inside source" for this weekend was Coach Luper. Ah, the wonders of Twitter. Thats great that he tells AuburnUndercover that he has "no idea" how word about it got out, but something tells me he isn't being truthful.
Also, you forgot one:

13.10.1 Presence of Media during Recruiting Contact.
A member institution shall not permit a media entity to be present during any recruiting contact made by an institution’s coaching staff member. Violations of this bylaw do not affect a prospective student-athlete’s eligibility and are considered institutional violations per Constitution 2.8.1. (Adopted: 1/9/96, Revised: 1/14/97)

I don't think I have to list why this bylaw was broken.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2009, 11:05:35 AM »
Also, you forgot one:

13.10.1 Presence of Media during Recruiting Contact.
A member institution shall not permit a media entity to be present during any recruiting contact made by an institution’s coaching staff member. Violations of this bylaw do not affect a prospective student-athlete’s eligibility and are considered institutional violations per Constitution 2.8.1. (Adopted: 1/9/96, Revised: 1/14/97)

I don't think I have to list why this bylaw was broken.

If we listed the exact bylaws that Nick Saban has broken since he arrived at Alabama, would it shut you people up?

Good fucking lord.  In case you missed it, I posted an article yesterday about Georgia self reporting 3 secondary violations in football recruiting.  3 actual violations.  Not speculation. 

The negative press happening against Auburn due to the POSSIBILITY of secondary...SECONDARY...violations occurring has been unreal. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2009, 11:14:07 AM »
If we listed the exact bylaws that Nick Saban has broken since he arrived at Alabama, would it shut you people up?

Good fucking lord.  In case you missed it, I posted an article yesterday about Georgia self reporting 3 secondary violations in football recruiting.  3 actual violations.  Not speculation.  

The negative press happening against Auburn due to the POSSIBILITY of secondary...SECONDARY...violations occurring has been unreal.  
I don't think the big issue here is breaking secondary violations, per se. Everybody commits secondary violations, fact of life. However, I think the idea of self reporting secondary violations is that they are meant to be under the premise that they were not intentionally broken in the first place. I think what is causing the outrage, and I guess what you do not see, with this is that the violations were seemingly broken intentionally, knowing they would be minor violations that the university would not be penalized for. Had Nick Saban done something similar you guys would have gone through the roof, and you know it. You would have went on an on that it is an obvious sign that CNS is willingly and publically thumbing his nose at authority.

No problem with AU committing secondary violations. The problem is with them being committed in such an open and public way, with an obvious disregard to the rules. This would leave one to believe that they would be willing to break other rules as well. AU did a VERY public thing. Why are you so shocked that the public is now calling them out on it? It may take a few months for the violations to be reported for the NCAA, but if you think no violations were committed at Toomer's, you are mistaken.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 11:15:42 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2009, 11:18:35 AM »
You are so fucking full of shit. Blatantly broken? No. Pushing the envelope? Probably. To take what happened and spin it the way you do is beyond ridiculous...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2009, 11:31:07 AM »
You are so fucking full of shit. Blatantly broken? No. Pushing the envelope? Probably. To take what happened and spin it the way you do is beyond ridiculous...
Please explain how none of those rules were broken. An AU assistant coach was there. Aubie was there. Fans attended. Media was there. The police were asked to handle crowd and traffic control beforehand in anticipation of a large event. How is that not an organized recruiting event? Am I missing something? The big indicator here, imo, is Aubie and at least one assistant coach was there. It is not just me spinning it either, AU blogs and beat writers are even weighing in that they more than likely broke some rules.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 11:32:12 AM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2009, 11:37:24 AM »

How 'bout we don't?  That was BG03's typical "I know you are, but what am I" dodge on the old site.  If you said a Bama player had head lice, he'd bring up all the Auburn players who had been bitten by a mosquito. 

Taking a page from that playbook is a fail.

If we did something wrong, we just did and we'll deal with it.  Motes, beams and whatnot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2009, 11:39:59 AM »
All this is speculation...but I will play along. Just like EVERY time a big recruiting weekend happens, Rivals or Scouts report on it. The sites reported that the recruits would go "see Toomer's corner" and perhaps experience rolling it. Students and fans took it apon themselves to go and see the recruits do this. No one was encouraged to go. Asst. Coaches are pretty much with the recruits all the time, so I don't see what's wrong with them "being there". Leading a cheer.....maybe. Aubie is a student. They keep the outfit at the house and can use it for whatever. I had a good friend that was Aubie and he wore it to a little kids birthday party once. Aubie could have come on his own. Fans no what these recruits look like now aday. Like it or not, but these guys are mini celebrities. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that a student could have taken it upon himself do to something like that...at toomer's corner....near bars...hell, it sounds like something I would do.

So...did Auburn plan this. Maybe. But they did it in a way that wasn't "planned". Did it push the envelope??? Absolutely. Until the NCAA makes a "Big Cat" rule though, you can't say shit...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2009, 11:42:10 AM »
AU blogs and beat writers ...

FUCK them.  Evan "I was sports editor of the Crimson White and would love to fuck that place up" Woodberry?  Are you shitting me?  He's fucking digging for shit every single day.  Never passes an opportunity to take a shot.  Fuck that clown.  Hope he chokes on a dick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2009, 11:47:36 AM »
No one was encouraged to go.

Prowler's alleged sources (about which I will refrain comment) invalidate this comment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2009, 12:04:50 PM »
You can't stop people from gathering on a public street.  Toomer's is the most popular corner on campus - if ANYONE is at Toomer's throwing toilet paper, not only will other people walk over to see what's up, and start throwing it themselves, but when they find out what is happening, they will text/tweet/call everyone they know and get them to show up too.  In this day of instant communication, I think the AUAD could have kept a total lock on this whole thing right up until the players left to head for Toomer's - then the texting starts, and the calls start and the cops get notified, and by the time the players get there, party in progress...

...and life goes on...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2009, 12:16:42 PM »
Wench, I agree.

Kaos, you can't have it both ways. You discredit prowler every chance you get then you use him as a source for arguement??? That's bad dude...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2009, 12:19:16 PM »
All this is speculation...but I will play along. Just like EVERY time a big recruiting weekend happens, Rivals or Scouts report on it. The sites reported that the recruits would go "see Toomer's corner" and perhaps experience rolling it. Students and fans took it apon themselves to go and see the recruits do this. No one was encouraged to go.
Except for the part on the threads that were stuck to the top of the forum that contained wording "fans are encouraged to attend" by site administrators.

Asst. Coaches are pretty much with the recruits all the time, so I don't see what's wrong with them "being there". Leading a cheer.....maybe. Aubie is a student. They keep the outfit at the house and can use it for whatever. I had a good friend that was Aubie and he wore it to a little kids birthday party once. Aubie could have come on his own. Fans no what these recruits look like now aday. Like it or not, but these guys are mini celebrities. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that a student could have taken it upon himself do to something like that...at toomer's corner....near bars...hell, it sounds like something I would do.
Holy shit. And you were the one accusing ME of spinning this thing? That is one hell of a spin job if I've ever seen one. There isn't anything wrong with the coaches being there, except the fact that they were there when the violations took place, thus making it appear to be sanctioned by AU since somebody with NCAA compliance training was there. You spun it off the face of the planet with your take on Aubie, though. Out of this universe, to be exact.

So...did Auburn plan this. Maybe. But they did it in a way that wasn't "planned". Did it push the envelope??? Absolutely. Until the NCAA makes a "Big Cat" rule though, you can't say shit...
The fact that an hour after the event concluded AU was already looking into the possibility of violations tells me alot. Yes or no question: Regardless of how minor the violations are, do you think that some of the things that happened at Toomer's violate NCAA bylaw(s)?
The coaches simply could have asked the crowd to disperse. They had the PD there to assist them in doing that. It was an organized recruiting event, plain and simple. Complete with chants of "come to Auburn!", Aubie, and coaches present. To say that fans showing up all on their own out of the blue is ridiculous, because all of the AU media sites were encouraging people to attend. Whether coaches told them to say that or not, it really doesn't matter. There were coaches there when all of this was going down, and they made no attempt to stop it.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 12:26:38 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2009, 12:29:47 PM »
Wench, I agree.

Kaos, you can't have it both ways. You discredit prowler every chance you get then you use him as a source for arguement??? That's bad dude...

Sarcasm eludes you...

Basically saying that if his "sources" are worth a shit -- and we all know that message boards are inviolate -- then your argument dies on the vine. 

Frankly?  I wouldn't rely on a single thing he said. 
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 12:31:03 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2009, 12:31:56 PM »
FUCK them.  Evan "I was sports editor of the Crimson White and would love to fuck that place up" Woodberry?  Are you shitting me?  He's fucking digging for shit every single day.  Never passes an opportunity to take a shot.  Fuck that clown.  Hope he chokes on a dick.
While all of that may be true, was his article that far off base?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions