Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

TSN: Saban taking a hard look at WVU

Ogre

TSN: Saban taking a hard look at WVU
« on: December 31, 2007, 09:47:58 AM »
Watch the shit hit the fan soon:

Nothing official, but here's the latest rumor from Morgantown - and it's a good one: Alabama head coach Nick Saban is taking a hard look at leaving Alabama after only one season to return home to West Virginia for the head coaching job at WVU.

Word is that Nick wants out of Tuscaloosa and the SEC - the Alabama situation is growing more political with each passing day and pressure is mounting for a quick turnaround, particularly on the heels of a disappointing first season for Saban as the Tide lost four straight to finish the year 6-6 (not a surprise, considering how much 'Bama's paying Nick). Nick Saban said before Sunday's 32nd PetroSun Independence Bowl game that it would be a "defining game" for his team - and it was as 'Bama defeated Colorado to finish the season with a 7-6 winning record.

Saban's Alabama contract, signed in June, contains no buyout clause to deter Nick from taking another job. He made $3.5 million in 2007, with the contract gradually increasing to $4.2 million annually for the final three years of the deal, which expires Jan. 31, 2015.

If Alabama fires Saban for reasons beyond violating terms of the contract, he would be paid the remainder of his salary. If he takes another job, he forfeits the remainder of that salary

... Also hearing there is growing discontent among WVU boosters and fans with the way the WVU administration (President Mike Garrison, Athletic Director Ed Pastilong) has handled the coaching situation and the search for Rich Rodriguez's replacement.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/WVUBURGHfan/127179
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Six

Re: TSN: Saban taking a hard look at WVU
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 09:57:26 AM »
Does Christmas come late this year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 10:01:33 AM »
Does Christmas come late this year?

Wow.  Can you imagine the meltdown? 

(me talking to Bama fans)  "Well it's official now.  Your program isn't even on keel with the Big East.  How about you move on over to the Patriot League?"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 10:08:10 AM »
I haven't said anything in hopes that I don't jinx anything, but WVU should have named a coach by now if they weren't waiting on someone.  We haven't even heard anyone in this State throw out that possibility because they are scared Sabban would shove a hot poker up their ass, but I have honestly in my own twisted mind thought about this for a week or so now.
I want to be on the tarmac in tuscalooser to see that plane leave if it does happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 11:07:24 AM »
I haven't said anything in hopes that I don't jinx anything, but WVU should have named a coach by now if they weren't waiting on someone.  We haven't even heard anyone in this State throw out that possibility because they are scared Sabban would shove a hot poker up their ass, but I have honestly in my own twisted mind thought about this for a week or so now.
I want to be on the tarmac in tuscalooser to see that plane leave if it does happen.

Could you IMAGINE the scene if Auburn fans showed up to the airport in Tuscaloosa to send him off....    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2007, 11:25:16 AM »
Is it weird that I just achieved a minor chub reading that? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2007, 11:39:37 AM »
Is it weird that I just achieved a minor chub reading that? 
We 'neerin baby!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2007, 01:52:58 PM »
that would be the ultimate fuck you to bammer!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.