Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Some Media Deal

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
Re: Some Media Deal
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 02:40:15 PM »
The eminent power ass whippings that Malzahonie is planning to give to his oponents is why everyone is lining up to hire co-offensive coordinators from mid majors.
Yes sir he is the shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 02:56:14 PM »
The eminent power ass whippings that Malzahonie is planning to give to his oponents is why everyone is lining up to hire co-offensive coordinators from mid majors.
Yes sir he is the shit.
Keep up the good work, bammer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 03:19:14 PM »
You have to realize that he didn't even run his offense at Auburn last year.  

Maybe my opinion is skewed due to the fact that I attended his clinic the January after the Clemson game.  He detailed with video references how his offense works against any defense even if the defense has better athletes than his offense.  

I mean, honestly, did Auburn's offense last year resemble anything Troy did while he was there?  Now as for Tony Franklin's ability to coordinate his offense, that's where he failed.  He allowed the BBQ gang to do whatever the fuck they wanted until it was too late.  

I don't buy that at all.   Not the least little bit of it.  I can make up a powerpoint presentation that will convince you penguins can maul the shit out of polar bears.  Let's see what happens when we put them in the ring.

When you threw out the term "bbq gang" you lost it.

Franklin failed NOT because he didn't get support but because he was an unorganized bullshit artist.  
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 03:20:12 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2009, 04:36:40 PM »
I don't buy that at all.   Not the least little bit of it.  I can make up a powerpoint presentation that will convince you penguins can maul the shit out of polar bears.  Let's see what happens when we put them in the ring.

When you threw out the term "bbq gang" you lost it.

Franklin failed NOT because he didn't get support but because he was an unorganized bullshit artist.  

If I took the time to write out all of the names involved in the "bbq gang," would it have made my post more credible? 

If Franklin was the sole problem, how did he have success at Troy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2009, 04:53:48 PM »
If I took the time to write out all of the names involved in the "bbq gang," would it have made my post more credible? 

If Franklin was the sole problem, how did he have success at Troy?

You can't win the "Chizik will do great at Auburn because he has better players" argument unless you also trash the "Franklin did great at Troy, imagine what he can do at Auburn with better players" argument.  Can't have both sides. 

Why does the Wing-T work at Maplesville High School?  Why does the Notre Dame box work at Central?

Franklin was the sole problem. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 06:36:41 AM »
No, Franklin was just the preview of the shit yet to come.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 01:29:31 PM »
No, Franklin was just the preview of the shit yet to come.
What's the weather like on that island you inhabit?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 07:36:27 PM »
Here on the plains the forecast is for a shit storm to hit in about 90 days. After it leaves and a strong coaching front moves in then things will clear up and get considerably better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009, 01:15:26 PM »
You can't win the "Chizik will do great at Auburn because he has better players" argument unless you also trash the "Franklin did great at Troy, imagine what he can do at Auburn with better players" argument.  Can't have both sides. 

Why does the Wing-T work at Maplesville High School?  Why does the Notre Dame box work at Central?

Franklin was the sole problem. 

No, no he wasn't, and I honestly don't think you truly believe that.  We've been round and round on this, and I won't do it again, but Franklin was only part of a much bigger problem.  There's nothing wrong with the scheme when it's coached. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2009, 03:01:25 PM »
No, no he wasn't, and I honestly don't think you truly believe that.  We've been round and round on this, and I won't do it again, but Franklin was only part of a much bigger problem.  There's nothing wrong with the scheme when it's coached. 

I believe he was a big problem. I gave him every opprtunity last year but his play calling was the SUCK! It was horrible. It was worse than horrible. I saw...no shit...2 running plays all year. A sweep to the outside, and a counter to the outside. You can't win big time football games like that. I don't know if his offense was installed or not, but I do know that he was the one calling plays...and that was absolutely HORRIBLE!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2009, 03:33:16 PM »

There's nothing wrong with the WingT or the Notre Dame Box or the Run-n'-Shoot, either. 

Yeah.  I believe Franklin was the entire problem.  He exposed some weaknesses in the coaching staff through his own towering incompetence -- which went FAR, FAR, FAR beyond his "scheme" -- but there wasn't anything that couldn't have been corrected or adjusted on Tuberville's staff to resolve the situation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2009, 03:42:26 PM »
There's nothing wrong with the WingT or the Notre Dame Box or the Run-n'-Shoot, either. 

Yeah.  I believe Franklin was the entire problem.  He exposed some weaknesses in the coaching staff through his own towering incompetence -- which went FAR, FAR, FAR beyond his "scheme" -- but there wasn't anything that couldn't have been corrected or adjusted on Tuberville's staff to resolve the situation.

And in the end ALL of Tuberville's staff got the adjustment they had worked hard for.

We have a new staff now and I just want to see good, hard-nosed football return to the plains.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2009, 03:44:24 PM »
And in the end ALL of Tuberville's staff got the adjustment they had worked hard for.

We have a new staff now and I just want to see good, hard-nosed football return to the plains.

Maybe one day we will. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2009, 03:44:59 PM »
While I don't believe that Franklin was the entire problem he was still 90% to blame.  I believe even if he had been able to bring in an assistant the same result would have happened.  The problem with Franklin was his inabilty to adapt and his complaining about not having the proper players.  A good coach adapts (see Urban Meyer when he first got to UF) he changes schemes and makes adjustments to his offense to win with the players he has.  He then recruits for the system so that he can install said offense.  Franklin was too regimented he had to prove it was his way or the highway, he failed.  Where I think the other 10% lies is with Tubs and staff, because they never bought into the system, and for a team to work everyone has to have buy in.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 03:46:44 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2009, 04:08:21 PM »
While I don't believe that Franklin was the entire problem he was still 90% to blame.  I believe even if he had been able to bring in an assistant the same result would have happened.  The problem with Franklin was his inabilty to adapt and his complaining about not having the proper players.  A good coach adapts (see Urban Meyer when he first got to UF) he changes schemes and makes adjustments to his offense to win with the players he has.  He then recruits for the system so that he can install said offense.  Franklin was too regimented he had to prove it was his way or the highway, he failed.  Where I think the other 10% lies is with Tubs and staff, because they never bought into the system, and for a team to work everyone has to have buy in.

Let's see...the head guy hires you with no intention of letting you run your offense...your offensive staff knows this and works against you or fails to work for you...and you're 90% to blame.  That makes a shitload of sense. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2009, 04:20:51 PM »
Let's see...the head guy hires you with no intention of letting you run your offense...your offensive staff knows this and works against you or fails to work for you...and you're 90% to blame.  That makes a shitload of sense. 
I forgot you were on the team and knew the inner workings...my bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

JR4AU

« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2009, 04:25:43 PM »

^^^^^^^^^^you write all that, then respond to me with this?

I forgot you were on the team and knew the inner workings...my bad.

Were YOU on the team? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2009, 04:29:45 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^you write all that, then respond to me with this?

Were YOU on the team? 

pwnt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2009, 04:38:57 PM »
pwnt.
Actually not, I believe I wrote "I believe" which makes it my opinion.

Let's see...the head guy hires you with no intention of letting you run your offense...Yea Tubs hired him to not let him run the offense that makes a whole lot of sense.  your offensive staff knows this and works against you or fails to work for you...Did I not write that the I believed the other coaches were at fault? I wrote that they didn't have buy in, but again isn't that Franklins responsibility, does he not have to prove to them that he is capable? and you're 90% to blame.  That makes a shitload of sense. 
My opinion your opinion in the end what fuckin difference does it make, everyone that was involved no longer coaches at Auburn.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 04:46:46 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2009, 04:42:11 PM »
Okay, I now have a some super insider information that didn't come from a message board or Paul Finebaum.  As I'm sure many of you know, I am one of the more connected individuals on this board.  I actually had lunch with Joe Whitt about a year and a half ago.  Therefore, anyone who questions my exalted insiderness will be publically flogged at Toomers Corner...while Curtis Luper calls out your name with a bullhorn.

Seriously, this isn't info as much as an observation.  I ran into one of Auburn's O-linemen from the past year.  He was a walk on from this area and I was trying to pick his brain about the program.  Strangely, 90% of what he said came straight off Finebaum and message boards.  But I digress.  His comment was innocent enough but hit home.  He said, "Tommy Tuberville was like a father to me.  I love him to death but it was time for him to move on."  Basically indicated he was burnt out and shouldn't have been coaching last year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."