Its Coming

boartitz

Its Coming
« on: May 28, 2009, 01:39:34 PM »
myespn.go.com/blogs/sec/0-6-244/Alabama-to-hear-soon-from-NCAA.html

Alabama to hear soon from NCAA

May 27, 2009 3:15 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Chris Low

DESTIN, Fla. -- Alabama officials expect to hear from the NCAA on possible penalties resulting from the textbook scandal as early as next week.

With the SEC spring meetings going on this week, it's doubtful that the NCAA would hand down a decision this week.

What most everybody agrees on is that there will be some type of probation for the Crimson Tide, probably a two-year term. What that means is that they can't have anything happen NCAA-related during that period or there could be serious consequences.

It's still unclear what kind of penalties Alabama will receive. Initially, the feeling was that there wouldn't be any scholarship losses. But as the process has dragged on, there have been increasing rumblings that the Tide could lose a scholarship or two for each of the next two years.

Keep in mind that the textbook case doesn't involve just Alabama football players. In fact, there were more athletes from other sports involved, particularly track, than there were in football.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Its Coming
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2009, 01:42:50 PM »
That poor track coach is F.U.C.K.E.D.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2009, 02:36:25 PM »
It'll probably be this coming Tuesday or Wednesday when SPuat will be hit with (4-9) Scholarship losses stretched over (2-3) years, with the possibility of a post season ban or a tv ban.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 03:56:18 PM »
It'll probably be this coming Tuesday or Wednesday when SPuat will be hit with (4-9) Scholarship losses stretched over (2-3) years, with the possibility of a post season ban or a tv ban.

Wow!  You take what that caller on Finebaum yesterday said as gospel huh? 

That said, there does seem to be a sense of forboding among the bammers all of a sudden.  Saban would be gone like a fart in the wind if they take 9 scholarships and post-season play from him.  That aint gonna happen though.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 04:52:16 PM »
From the article in this thread:
It's still unclear what kind of penalties Alabama will receive. Initially, the feeling was that there wouldn't be any scholarship losses. But as the process has dragged on, there have been increasing rumblings that the Tide could lose a scholarship or two for each of the next two years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 05:27:59 PM »

SHHHHHHHH!!! Don't out the man's sources. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

#2Bammer

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 05:31:22 PM »

That said, there does seem to be a sense of forboding among the bammers all of a sudden.  Saban would be gone like a fart in the wind if they take 9 scholarships and post-season play from him.  That aint gonna happen though.   

He gets his Bama info from the bunker!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 05:31:42 PM »

I didn't hear what the caller said, did PF bash him like he does all of the other callers, that claim to have inside info?  I've heard, 2 for 2 and 3 for 2 and 2 years probation...I've heard 3 for 2 and 3 years probation...I've also heard 3 for 3 and 2 for 3 and 3 years probation, all with a possibility of a post season ban or tv ban for one year.  That's why I said it'll probably be somewhere inbetween (2 for 2) and (3 for 3).  Either way, Coach Midget will have to somehow get rid of either 2 or 3 extra scholarships.  Which means he'll have to get rid of, a total of 14 to 15 scholarships for the past recruiting class to be able to make it in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2009, 05:34:21 PM »
I didn't hear what the caller said, did PF bash him like he does all of the other callers, that claim to have inside info?  I've heard, 2 for 2 and 3 for 2 and 2 years probation...I've heard 3 for 2 and 3 years probation...I've also heard 3 for 3 and 2 for 3 and 3 years probation, all with a possibility of a post season ban or tv ban for one year.  That's why I said it'll probably be somewhere inbetween (2 for 2) and (3 for 3).  Either way, Coach Midget will have to somehow get rid of either 2 or 3 extra scholarships.  Which means he'll have to get rid of, a total of 14 to 15 scholarships for the past recruiting class to be able to make it in.

I'd rather just wait and see what happens. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2009, 05:39:24 PM »
 I've heard, 2 for 2 and 3 for 2 and 2 years probation...I've heard 3 for 2 and 3 years probation...I've also heard 3 for 3 and 2 for 3 and 3 years probation, all with a possibility of a post season ban or tv ban for one year.  That's why I said it'll probably be somewhere inbetween (2 for 2) and (3 for 3).  Either way, Coach Midget will have to somehow get rid of either 2 or 3 extra scholarships.  Which means he'll have to get rid of, a total of 14 to 15 scholarships for the past recruiting class to be able to make it in.

Please, for our readers, define "heard"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 05:41:34 PM »

From someone listening to Finebaum?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 06:25:29 PM »
If you don't want to see what other people are hearing why do you visit message boards in the first place?  If you want to wait for fact to come out and be reported by the mainstream media just visit ESPN.com or buy a subscrition to your local paper.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 07:34:46 PM »
If you don't want to see what other people are hearing why do you visit message boards in the first place?  If you want to wait for fact to come out and be reported by the mainstream media just visit ESPN.com or buy a subscrition to your local paper.
I agree.  I abhor bickering.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 08:16:37 PM »
I abhor bickering.

You're going to hate 99.9998% of your clients.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2009, 08:39:06 PM »
I agree.  I abhor bickering.

Here's the deal: When you spend more time downgrading the Auburn program, AD, BOT, coaches, and players than you spend downgrading your opponents and enemies, it turns from bickering to cannabalism.

Take your mothers advice; if you don't have something positve to say, keep your fucking mouth shut.  Continuously slamming Chizik and fellow AU supporters will do NOTHING to help the future of the program.

If you think being an ass on a message board will help AU win anything, you have an inflated sense of self worth

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 09:33:29 PM »
Emails, phone calls, txt messages, personal messages & talking to someone face to face.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

#2Bammer

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 10:38:33 PM »
Emails, phone calls, txt messages, personal messages & talking to someone face to face.

Are these from the starters of the Red Dog Operation? Or just  from your bunker boyfriends?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 10:54:15 PM »
Quick look back at Bama's last tussle with the NCAA and the rollercoaster "Pulse" of the fans.  I was traveling a lot during the time when the Memphis bombshells were flying...during the investigation phase and the eventual announcement of penalties and staring down the barrell.  I listened to multiple talk shows through the day while driving and the heard a veritable plethora (Damn, I've always wanted to use that phrase) of opinions from callers, talk show hosts and so-called experts.  Insiders, outsiders, outcasts, cousins, sources close to the situation, sources close to cousins close to the situation, coaches' dogsitters, fraternity house janitors, adoptive fathers of young girls who once dated a cousin who once had a walk-on to the Alabama football team in Gym class in Junior High.....

They all had their takes, their inside scoop, their opinions based on what the lady at the convenience store who once sold beer to a friend of a guy who roomed with a guy who once met Bill Curry said....

99.64% of what I heard during that time turned out to be complete and utter bullshit.

NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING!!!  

The fact of the matter is that Mark Murphy and Cecil Hurt and Paul Finebaum and John Longshore and Barry McKnight and every single caller to every call in show across the State, knows nothing.  It's all a guess and sheer speculation.  Fun and fodder for message boards but NOTHING more.

When the accusations came out, all Bama fans were in an uproar and the world was quickly coming to an end.  By the time the NCAA had finished it's investigation and the talking heads had finished their expert evaluations of the entire scenario, 99% of the fans across this State had themselves convinced the proverbial slap on the wrist was the full extent of the NCAA's wrath.  When the NCAA rightfully threw a Chuck Liddell right cross to the jaw, the Mullet Nation cried foul to the high heavens.  Not because what the NCAA handed down was not just, but because talk shows and message boards had them convinced that several crack reporters had talked to that Chattanooga Car Dealer and Logan Young and there was nothing to it and that anything more than a light fanny tap was a conspiracy by Aubies and the NCAA to bring down the mighty Tahd.

In all seriousness, I'm not making fun.  The fact is that during the lengthy investigation by the NCAA, all of the insiders and experts who basically knew absolutely NOTHING, had the entire fanbase convinced that there was nothing to fear.  The point to all this is that whether there is this OOOoooo foreboding of impending doom or comfortable feeling of nothing will come...no one you or me or anyone on this board has talked to or emailed or listened to or texted or blogged with or twittered with or buttfucked for information...has EVER talked to a soul on the infractions committee or anyone who has talked to anyone on the committee and as such....knows nothing about what will or won't happen.  So, have fun with the opinions and speculation and don't get uptight or ecstatic or depressed or mad about it.  Offer your own opinion, respect the opinions and speculation of others and then wait and see what happens.    
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 11:00:19 PM »
Quick look back at Bama's last tussle with the NCAA and the rollercoaster "Pulse" of the fans.  I was traveling a lot during the time when the Memphis bombshells were flying...during the investigation phase and the eventual announcement of penalties and staring down the barrell.  I listened to multiple talk shows through the day while driving and the heard a veritable plethora (Damn, I've always wanted to use that phrase) of opinions from callers, talk show hosts and so-called experts.  Insiders, outsiders, outcasts, cousins, sources close to the situation, sources close to cousins close to the situation, coaches' dogsitters, fraternity house janitors, adoptive fathers of young girls who once dated a cousin who once had a walk-on to the Alabama football team in Gym class in Junior High.....

They all had their takes, their inside scoop, their opinions based on what the lady at the convenience store who once sold beer to a friend of a guy who roomed with a guy who once met Bill Curry said....

99.64% of what I heard during that time turned out to be complete and utter bullshit.

NO ONE KNOWS ANYTHING!!!  

The fact of the matter is that Mark Murphy and Cecil Hurt and Paul Finebaum and John Longshore and Barry McKnight and every single caller to every call in show across the State, knows nothing.  It's all a guess and sheer speculation.  Fun and fodder for message boards but NOTHING more.

When the accusations came out, all Bama fans were in an uproar and the world was quickly coming to an end.  By the time the NCAA had finished it's investigation and the talking heads had finished their expert evaluations of the entire scenario, 99% of the fans across this State had themselves convinced the proverbial slap on the wrist was the full extent of the NCAA's wrath.  When the NCAA rightfully threw a Chuck Liddell right cross to the jaw, the Mullet Nation cried foul to the high heavens.  Not because what the NCAA handed down was not just, but because talk shows and message boards had them convinced that several crack reporters had talked to that Chattanooga Car Dealer and Logan Young and there was nothing to it and that anything more than a light fanny tap was a conspiracy by Aubies and the NCAA to bring down the mighty Tahd.

In all seriousness, I'm not making fun.  The fact is that during the lengthy investigation by the NCAA, all of the insiders and experts who basically knew absolutely NOTHING, had the entire fanbase convinced that there was nothing to fear.  The point to all this is that whether there is this OOOoooo foreboding of impending doom or comfortable feeling of nothing will come...no one you or me or anyone on this board has talked to or emailed or listened to or texted or blogged with or twittered with or buttfucked for information...has EVER talked to a soul on the infractions committee or anyone who has talked to anyone on the committee and as such....knows nothing about what will or won't happen.  So, have fun with the opinions and speculation and don't get uptight or ecstatic or depressed or mad about it.  Offer your own opinion, respect the opinions and speculation of others and then wait and see what happens.    

What if there's someone who had (and still has) a source on the NCAA infractions committee and wasn't wrong on one bit of information in the Albert Means case?  What if that same person is giving similar information out with the rumors surrounding Gadsden?  Would that change your opinion?

I agree on all accounts though.  No one knows what's going to happen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 11:03:34 PM »
What if there's someone who had (and still has) a source on the NCAA infractions committee and wasn't wrong on one bit of information in the Albert Means case?  What if that same person is giving similar information out with the rumors surrounding Gadsden?  Would that change your opinion?

I agree on all accounts though.  No one knows what's going to happen. 

Aaaahhh...but there will eventually be that .000245% that can say, "See, I was right.  I told you so." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."