Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bowl Game Offense

Ogre

Bowl Game Offense
« on: December 28, 2007, 12:14:33 PM »
I'm anxious/excited/nervous to see our offense in the upcoming bowl game.  At first the coaches were saying that Franklin would only be in an 'advisory' role, perhaps calling a few plays sporadically.  In the past couple of days I've read that we have installed half of the new offense, and that we'll be running a combination of our old West Coast and our new Spread offenses.  I'm not sure how I feel about this.  Part of me is excited about seeing some of what the future has in store, but part of me is afraid it will be a cluster-fuck.  It has been said that Burns will see action in the bowl game, and I know he ran a version of TF's spread in high school, so I think the potential for a good showing is there.  I wonder if they will keep Cox in mostly the old WC offensive sets and let Burns run the spread. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Bowl Game Offense
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 12:41:28 PM »
First off, I don't want to even see Cox in the game.  But, that's just me.  I'm tired of his weenie arm, horrible decisions and cement-footed "scrambling" ability.  Yeah, yeah, yeah..I know.  He's a senior and deserves to play and what he's done for Auburn and how he's a double-tough competitor blah, blah, freakin' blah. 

It's a given in this new offense.  The QB has to have some ability to run.  Cox can't.  So I think you're right in saying Cox would run mostly the old offense and Burns or Field would get some reps in TF's offense.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 12:47:42 PM »
I have a strange feeling that we're going to lose.  I think Clemson has a very good team; their running backs are two of the best in the country.  I think CJ Spiller is going to explode onto the Heisman scene next season when he's getting the bulk of the carries (if Davis bolts for the NFL). 

Our defense can handle the best running backs, but with our offense going scientific process on us, I don't see how we can win the game.  Who knows.  I hope I'm wrong, but we should keep to what we know instead of trying to install a new offense in a matter of weeks that includes a week long hiatus for Christmas. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2007, 01:40:26 PM »
I have a strange feeling that we're going to lose.  I think Clemson has a very good team; their running backs are two of the best in the country.  I think CJ Spiller is going to explode onto the Heisman scene next season when he's getting the bulk of the carries (if Davis bolts for the NFL). 

Our defense can handle the best running backs, but with our offense going scientific process on us, I don't see how we can win the game.  Who knows.  I hope I'm wrong, but we should keep to what we know instead of trying to install a new offense in a matter of weeks that includes a week long hiatus for Christmas. 

Stop reading my mind.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.