Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

What history tells us...

JR4AU

Re: What history tells us...
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2009, 03:13:10 PM »
LSU went the better part of 50 years without said advantage.  Their "rise" is a relatively new phenomenon. Up until that midget cocksucker got there LSU was basically Ole Miss with a better uniform.

If you go by all time winning percentage, that's not true.  LSU is 13th in all time winning percentage, Auburn is 15th.  

But the real "advantage" is being "The state school"

Top 20 all time in winning percentage.

12 of the top 20 are "the state school", 2 are private, one is "the national school".  

No/School/W%/W/L/Tie/Total games played.

1  Michigan 0.73982  872  295  36  1203  
2  Notre Dame 0.73639  831  284  42  1157  
3  Texas 0.72039  835  314  33  1182  
4  Oklahoma 0.71472  789  299  53  1141  
5  Ohio State 0.71441  807  307  52  1166  
6  Alabama 0.70855  799  316  43  1158  
7  Southern Cal 0.70614  766  303  54  1123  
8  Nebraska 0.70275  824  337  40  1201  
9  Tennessee 0.69214  783  333  55  1171  
10  Penn State 0.68934  800  349  42  1191  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11  Florida State 0.67073  459  221  17  697  
12  Georgia 0.64599  723  384  54  1161  
13  Louisiana State 0.64027  700  383  47  1130  
14  Miami-Florida 0.63402  544  310  19  873  
15  Auburn 0.62734  681  395  47  1123  
16  Florida 0.62713  641  373  40  1054  
17  Miami-Ohio 0.62593  649  379  44  1072  
18  Washington 0.61601  652  397  50  1099  
19  Arizona State 0.61500  541  334  25  900  
20  Central Michigan 0.60999  557  350  34  941  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2009, 03:16:52 PM »
If you go by all time winning percentage, that's not true.  LSU is 13th in all time winning percentage, Auburn is 15th.  

LSU wasn't relevant for a very, very long time.  Don't know what their "winning percentage" is.   I guess, like Ole Miss, most of that was carved up back when they used dinosaurs to get back and forth from games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2009, 03:23:54 PM »
LSU wasn't relevant for a very, very long time.  Don't know what their "winning percentage" is.   I guess, like Ole Miss, most of that was carved up back when they used dinosaurs to get back and forth from games.
Neither was UF
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2009, 03:41:48 PM »
Neither was UF

Good point. 

We missed a prime opportunity to vault onto the national stage.  The media was ready for us in 2001.  We fell on our sword.  They were drooling on us in 2003.  We shit the bed.  Still pissed at us for that in 2004.  I'm convinced that the reluctance to move us up was directly correlated to us pissing in their face in '03 with that disastrous start.  The media was ready again in 2005.  Ready to love because they felt bad for shitting us in 2004.  Shit the bed again against GaTech.   Still ready to give us some love in 2006.  Had an opportunity to move into a serious BCS title debate.  What?  What's that smell?  Shit in the fucking bed again.  Houston Fucking Nutt and his clown circus poked us and we shit the fucking bed.  Explosive shit.  But we could have crawled right back into it.  They were going to forgive until... more shit in the bed.  Sheets soaked in it.  Fucking Georgia. A bad Georgia team. 

You see, people, this is why I was okay with Tuberville leaving.  We'd get close, but with the exception of 2004 there was a lot of bed shitting.  I was thinking that we'd do like my Red Sox.  Pistol whip the guy who kept getting us close and bring in somebody who could actually bring home the bacon. 

But if you seriously think Chizik is going to be doing any baconing?  I can't help you with that.  Might have been better off to be satisfied with being close enough to see the treasure and just live with the shit smell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2009, 03:53:22 PM »
Good point. 

We missed a prime opportunity to vault onto the national stage.  The media was ready for us in 2001.  We fell on our sword.  They were drooling on us in 2003.  We shit the bed.  Still pissed at us for that in 2004.  I'm convinced that the reluctance to move us up was directly correlated to us pissing in their face in '03 with that disastrous start.  The media was ready again in 2005.  Ready to love because they felt bad for shitting us in 2004.  Shit the bed again against GaTech.   Still ready to give us some love in 2006.  Had an opportunity to move into a serious BCS title debate.  What?  What's that smell?  Shit in the fucking bed again.  Houston Fucking Nutt and his clown circus poked us and we shit the fucking bed.  Explosive shit.  But we could have crawled right back into it.  They were going to forgive until... more shit in the bed.  Sheets soaked in it.  Fucking Georgia. A bad Georgia team. 

You see, people, this is why I was okay with Tuberville leaving.  We'd get close, but with the exception of 2004 there was a lot of bed shitting.  I was thinking that we'd do like my Red Sox.  Pistol whip the guy who kept getting us close and bring in somebody who could actually bring home the bacon. 

But if you seriously think Chizik is going to be doing any baconing?  I can't help you with that.  Might have been better off to be satisfied with being close enough to see the treasure and just live with the shit smell.

What coach out there "gets close" and acheives every year? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2009, 04:03:53 PM »
What coach out there "gets close" and acheives every year? 

None. 

Bob Stoops is a big bed shitter.  But it's okay because he delivered.  Pete Carroll shits the bed every single year -- but one.  Saban shit the bed last season.  Matter of record, Saban shit all over the bed the year he "won" his national title, but that year beds around the country were filled with shit and it was a matter of finding the least stained sheets.  That LSU team couldn't have stayed on the field with the 2004 Auburn team. Neither could Les Miles' NC squad.  Fact is, there are only one or two teams in the last 30 years of SEC history that could have hung with the 2004 team.  You could make an argument for it being the best SEC team of the modern era.

The problem with Tuberville's bed shitting was the timing. Everything was there and in place for us.  We could have been what LSU became.  All we had to do was keep from re-shitting the bed in 2003.  We didn't. We took a big bottle of Exlax before the year kicked off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2009, 04:45:03 PM »
None. 

Bob Stoops is a big bed shitter.  But it's okay because he delivered.  Pete Carroll shits the bed every single year -- but one.  Saban shit the bed last season.  Matter of record, Saban shit all over the bed the year he "won" his national title, but that year beds around the country were filled with shit and it was a matter of finding the least stained sheets.  That LSU team couldn't have stayed on the field with the 2004 Auburn team. Neither could Les Miles' NC squad.  Fact is, there are only one or two teams in the last 30 years of SEC history that could have hung with the 2004 team.  You could make an argument for it being the best SEC team of the modern era.

The problem with Tuberville's bed shitting was the timing. Everything was there and in place for us.  We could have been what LSU became.  All we had to do was keep from re-shitting the bed in 2003.  We didn't. We took a big bottle of Exlax before the year kicked off.

Pretty much nailed it.  2004 type teams don't come around but maybe once in a career...unless you're Paterno or Bowden, and still I can't think of a team of theirs that good.  That's why it's so grossly heart wrenching and so just wrong that they weren't allowed to prove they were as good as they were.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2009, 05:17:37 PM »
Well, since Auburn has never done it in it's entire illustrious history dating back well over 100 years, I'd say it's anything but quitter talk.  Add the fact that 85 scholarships have limited only an elite few to that status, outside a nice "Run" now and then, and I'll take 8-9 wins at a minimum each year with the occasional run at a MNC.  If that ain't good enough, you're gonna' spend a lot of time being let down and heartbroken.
Ahem, excuse for a moment while I stop to point out the obvious. When you fire a winning coach (and we all know he was fired), announce that money is no object and then show up with a 4-19 chizik as your coaching hire..... yes yes you have in the eyes of anyone that knows a football has 2 pointy ends quit, surrenderd, given up or at the very best accepted a stride down to mediocrity as your target.

Now back to the regularly scheduled discussion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2009, 05:20:44 PM »
I think Kaos needs an ongoing thread this football season where he discusses which teams shit the bed.  :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #69 on: May 18, 2009, 07:07:26 PM »
Neither was UF
Or Miami
and then show up with a 4-19 chizik as your coaching hire
I thought it was 5-19
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #70 on: May 18, 2009, 08:26:24 PM »
Or MiamiI thought it was 5-19
I do not give him credit for barely beating a division II team.
And the name is Greaseyweasel, You may not agree with my views on the fuckstain of a coaching staff we have been sodomized with but don't ever confuse me with the mother fuckin' bammers
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #71 on: May 18, 2009, 08:31:37 PM »
I have been sodomized with the bammers
:thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #72 on: May 18, 2009, 09:14:16 PM »
Prowler stick to links to unsubtantiated internet rumors and chizik wet dreams. Humor requires a much much higher intellect than you are capable of.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #73 on: May 19, 2009, 07:58:52 PM »
And the name is Greaseyweasel, You may not agree with my views on the fuckstain of a coaching staff we have been sodomized with but don't ever confuse me with the mother fuckin' bammers
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck - well, I'm sure you've heard the rest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

JR4AU

« Reply #74 on: May 20, 2009, 11:18:11 AM »
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck - well, I'm sure you've heard the rest.

Lets see if the math works out: Hates Pat Dye+Wants Chizik and Auburn to fail+says that even if Chizik won a NC it would still be bad for Auburn+Hates the Auburn family with such a passion he trolls Auburn boards spewing anti Auburn shit daily=GreaseyBammer
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #75 on: May 20, 2009, 02:04:57 PM »
Lets see if the math works out: Hates Pat Dye+Wants Chizik and Auburn to fail+says that even if Chizik won a NC it would still be bad for Auburn+Hates the Auburn family with such a passion he trolls Auburn boards spewing anti Auburn shit daily=GreaseyBammer
he's not just a greasey bammer, he's a mother fuckin' bammer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #76 on: May 21, 2009, 10:08:35 PM »
No dumb fuck. Personnal issues with Pat "Quit right before NCAA probation caused by his paying players"Dye +Wants chizik the fuck gone before he causes Auburn to fail = A Hard core Auburn graduate who does not look forward to calling your stupid asses out for supporting the downfall of Auburn football when chizik is kicked to the curb and the rebuilding begins.
Nope sounds like a hard core Auburn supporter to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #77 on: May 21, 2009, 10:35:26 PM »
No dumb fuck. Personnal issues with Pat "Quit right before NCAA probation caused by his paying players"Dye +Wants chizik the fuck gone before he causes Auburn to fail = A Hard core Auburn graduate who does not look forward to calling your stupid asses out for supporting the downfall of Auburn football when chizik is kicked to the curb and the rebuilding begins.

You've still yet to explain to us how you know with 100% certainty that Chizik will cause Auburn to fall. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #78 on: May 21, 2009, 10:47:52 PM »
greasey bammer, what are you going to do if Coach Chizik doesn't fail at Auburn, like (9-4) or better?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2009, 11:47:50 PM »

I thought you didn't like Dye for trespassing on your granddaddy's farm or some shit?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan