Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kaos' way behind movie reviews

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Kaos' way behind movie reviews
« Reply #3500 on: June 10, 2024, 05:19:12 PM »
The Return

Atrociously bad horror/sci-fi film that borrowed concepts from Ghostbusters, every 'apparition' movie you've ever seen, the Butterfly Effect, and Back to the Future, and smashed all together in a mixing bowl.  What came out the other end is a monumentally bad meld of puzzling stupidity.

It made no sense. None of it did.

From changing the equation, to the skinless mom, to the ridiculous dots on the napkin that meant nothing, to the "oh, that girl is dead, so let's move right along so we don't have to deal with it", to zapping the ghost, to the nasty best-friend/girlfriend, to literally everything... Just random scenes that didn't tie together in any cohesive way. 

So, so bad. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3501 on: June 10, 2024, 05:29:19 PM »
Waxwork (1988)

Old horror movie.  Like a lot of things from this time period, it was campy and silly. 

Deborah (Valley Girl) Foreman was the lead girl, which was a draw. Sad to see the post Valley choices she made. Poor girl.

Several people you've seen before:  David Warner, Patrick (The Avengers, not the superhero ones) Macnee, Zach Galligan, John Rhys-Davis, Miles O'Keefe.  It was none of their finest moments.

Basic storyline: Bunch of students visit a wax museum devoted to horror characters.  Some disappear into the exhibits. The remaining Scooby Gang return to the museum in search of their missing friends.  They have to battle historically evil figures to liberate their pals.

It was intended to be campy and light. It was just mostly ridiculous. But fun for what it was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #3502 on: June 11, 2024, 09:04:52 AM »
Waxwork (1988)

Old horror movie.  Like a lot of things from this time period, it was campy and silly. 

Deborah (Valley Girl) Foreman was the lead girl, which was a draw. Sad to see the post Valley choices she made. Poor girl.

Several people you've seen before:  David Warner, Patrick (The Avengers, not the superhero ones) Macnee, Zach Galligan, John Rhys-Davis, Miles O'Keefe.  It was none of their finest moments.

Basic storyline: Bunch of students visit a wax museum devoted to horror characters.  Some disappear into the exhibits. The remaining Scooby Gang return to the museum in search of their missing friends.  They have to battle historically evil figures to liberate their pals.

It was intended to be campy and light. It was just mostly ridiculous. But fun for what it was.

Check out Chopping Mall on Tubi sometime. Same vein.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #3503 on: June 11, 2024, 10:18:00 AM »
Check out Chopping Mall on Tubi sometime. Same vein.

Classic.  The VHS box cover is stamped in my memory.

RIP Network Video, Destin, FL.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.