Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kaos' way behind movie reviews

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Kaos' way behind movie reviews
« Reply #800 on: October 04, 2011, 03:33:03 PM »
As I recall her face was too round or some such nonsense.

I just googled her and now I need a cigarette
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #801 on: October 04, 2011, 04:20:34 PM »
I was a huge Marvel fan growing up with DC close behind.  Only a few movies have really captured the spirit of what the particular comic or character was.  Spiderman was spot on.  Followed the original story lines, kept the characters in tact and didn't try to go over the top to make it something it wasn't.

Dafoe?  Perfect casting. 

Toby?  Peter Parker is not a peter puffer.  He sucked, sucked, sucked, sucked, sucked, sucked, sucked. 

And that punchy faced Dunst chick?  B-leh.  bluarf.  Worst. Mary. Jane. Ever.

MJ is supposed to be curvy, sexy and red-headed. 

She's not supposed to look like an anorexic pan-faced putz. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #802 on: October 04, 2011, 04:28:50 PM »
Has anyone did a review of Kaos' Reviews?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #803 on: October 04, 2011, 04:33:12 PM »
Has anyone did a review of Kaos' Reviews?

Most movies suck.

A few don't.

"Simmons Family Jewels" should splice together season one for theatrical release.  It would win an Oscar.

I just summarized 41 pages of posts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

GH2001

« Reply #804 on: October 04, 2011, 04:34:51 PM »
Most movies suck.

A few don't.

"Simmons Family Jewels" should splice together season one for theatrical release.  It would win an Oscar.

Kaos got wood on your third sentence. He thanks you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #805 on: October 04, 2011, 04:58:40 PM »
Most movies suck.

A few don't.

Reality TV, including Family Jewels, as a rule sucks. 

The only television series I can think of off the top of my head that would benefit from a movie treatment are:

The Sopranos
Dexter
Dead Like Me
Walking Dead
La Femme Nikita (the Peta Wilson version)
Oz

Each of those series should essentially "start over" and tell a different story than TV, though.  Sopranos, for instance, I always thought could pick a spot somewhere in Season Four or Five -- bring back Adriana -- and just tell a story from that season.  Wouldn't have to tie all the arcs together like the series did. 

My movie reviews are gold.  Most movies DO suck.   Great films are rare. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #806 on: October 05, 2011, 10:17:46 AM »
Reality TV, including Family Jewels, as a rule sucks. 

The only television series I can think of off the top of my head that would benefit from a movie treatment are:

The Sopranos
Dexter
Dead Like Me
Walking Dead
La Femme Nikita (the Peta Wilson version)
Oz

Each of those series should essentially "start over" and tell a different story than TV, though.  Sopranos, for instance, I always thought could pick a spot somewhere in Season Four or Five -- bring back Adriana -- and just tell a story from that season.  Wouldn't have to tie all the arcs together like the series did. 

My movie reviews are gold.  Most movies DO suck.   Great films are rare.

Been so long now I forgot specifics, but they left several story lines hanging in the Sopranos that could be a movie unto themselves.   I fucking hate the way HBO fucked that series up with odd seasons starts, and long layoffs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #807 on: October 05, 2011, 01:36:10 PM »
I fucking hate the way HBO fucked that series up with odd seasons starts, and long layoffs.

K might know, but I have no idea why Chase and HBO did that.  Maybe had something to do with filming, contracts, etc. I think the series would have went on another season or two if not for Gandolfini wanting to leave and try other things. He was getting mucho bucks per episode. I think the most ever until Sheen broke his record a couple of years back. The long layoffs made the characters age more (especially the kids) than they really did in the storylines.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #808 on: October 05, 2011, 01:46:06 PM »
K might know, but I have no idea why Chase and HBO did that.  Maybe had something to do with filming, contracts, etc. I think the series would have went on another season or two if not for Gandolfini wanting to leave and try other things. He was getting mucho bucks per episode. I think the most ever until Sheen broke his record a couple of years back. The long layoffs made the characters age more (especially the kids) than they really did in the storylines.

Back in 2003 Gandolfini sued HBO because he thought he was underpaid and used a loophole in his contract to say the network neglected to inform him in a timely manner that he was expected back for the fifth season (one of the best, actually). 

He was making $5 million.  Wanted $16.  Not sure what they settled on. 

This came after he asked for and got permission to delay the fifth season (and I think one other) so he could work on some really shitty movies that nobody remembers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #809 on: October 05, 2011, 01:52:39 PM »
Back in 2003 Gandolfini sued HBO because he thought he was underpaid and used a loophole in his contract to say the network neglected to inform him in a timely manner that he was expected back for the fifth season (one of the best, actually). 

He was making $5 million.  Wanted $16.  Not sure what they settled on. 

This came after he asked for and got permission to delay the fifth season (and I think one other) so he could work on some really shitty movies that nobody remembers.
He's done some USO project for HBO as well. Although I find it admirable he did that, to have his mind on that looking forward post Sopranos during the peak of one of the best shows in history and to know that's where his mind was during Season 5 and 6 - IS beyond me. Careerwise - not a good move IMHO. Andy Griffith, Seinfeld, MASH, Friends, Lucy, Cheers - when your show that you are the star of is already being mentioned with these shows, and all you have on your mind is doing a 2nd rate USO documentary and trying to wrap up the show so you can get to this project - I have to question what the hell you are thinking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #810 on: October 06, 2011, 10:22:39 AM »
Resident Evil: Afterlife

New record. 

Turned this gob of shit off 11 minutes after it started. 

That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #811 on: October 06, 2011, 10:27:38 AM »
Resident Evil: Afterlife

New record. 

Turned this gob of shit off 11 minutes after it started. 

That is all.

I always wanted to do naughty things to Milla Jovovich's pink parts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #812 on: October 06, 2011, 10:52:55 AM »
And I've always had a throb for Ali Larter. 

Didn't save this gabage.  Just a shitty movie.  Everything about it piss poorly done. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #813 on: October 06, 2011, 10:58:08 AM »
And I've always had a throb for Ali Larter. 

Mostly because of this:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #814 on: October 06, 2011, 12:01:13 PM »
As it happens I didn't see that movie right away.  I saw her first getting ramrodded from behind in a movie called Three Way. What hooked me with Ali was her Maxim spread.

It included this photo:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #815 on: October 06, 2011, 12:15:22 PM »
As it happens I didn't see that movie right away.  I saw her first getting ramrodded from behind in a movie called Three Way. What hooked me with Ali was her Maxim spread.

It included this photo:

I think I just skajizzled my Jockeys
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #816 on: October 19, 2011, 01:08:59 AM »
Everything Must Go

Will Ferrell in a serious role. 

Watched this on the recommendation of another poster here. 

When it was over I didn't know whether I should review and comment or commit suicide.  It was a difficult decision. 

Should have known when there were 15 minutes of previews and every single one was for an incredibly shitty movie that what was to come would be more of the same. 

Like how most of Ferrell's comedic efforts are nowhere near as funny as he thinks they are, this dramatic effort was nowhere near as poignant as he obviously thought it was.  It wasn't "worst movie ever" realm -- we'll save that for Blades of Glory -- but it was incredibly slow and lame.  Nuance my ass. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #817 on: October 21, 2011, 03:07:34 AM »
Middle Men

All Wilsons suck, but this one sucks less than the others.  Don't know his name, don't care. 

Pretty good story and told pretty well.  It had a little Blow, it had a little Goodfellas, it had a touch of Boogie Nights. 

The IBill story is very interesting from the geek perspective.  All of us keep hoping we'll stumble on that simple idea that will make us shitloads of cash.  Watching two immature idiots do it is, at the least, entertaining. 

The fact that I know at least peripherally one of the key players loosely portrayed in the film added to it for me.  That knowledge also clued me in to the ridiculous liberties "inspired by a true story" allows.  About 2/3 of the shit didn't happen that way and the other 1/3 was fabricated.

As a film, it could have used just a little more character development so you could get a better sense of the emotional struggle the Owen guy endured.  Should have probably done a better job of showing how his lines slowly grayed as opposed to some of the leaps he made. 

As I've watched some acquaintances and former associates go down the path that leads to unsavory ends, it's never the big decisions they make that lead to enforcement agents knocking at the door, it's always the cumulative effect of the smaller ones. 

Not for everyone, but I enjoyed the movie a good bit. 
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 03:18:41 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #818 on: October 21, 2011, 03:18:04 AM »
Hanna

Weird ass white girl (seriously white) who has lovely bones kicks people's asses in freaky locales, makes out with a 12-year old girl and guts an elk or a reindeer (or some shit).  She's fascinated with a light switch because she's never seen electricity, but can jump on a computer and master teh Googles in 15 seconds well enough to dig into super secret government projects.  She doesn't know what a coffee maker is, but knows how to reconfigure a car. She's terrified of a hotel shower but has no trouble navigating mass transit in a busy metro area. 

Eric Bana makes faces and butchers another accent.  He's John Travolta bad.   

Some crazy white bitch with red hair brushes her teeth until they bleed.

Mr. Grimm has a fairytale house. 

"Dad" sends her off on a solo cross-country journey but they're supposed to meet up at some random locale.

Crazy CIA bitch caps people's asses left and right and there are no repercussions.

Lord Cutler Beckett from Pirates of the Caribbean shows up in the gayest tennis outfit known to man. 

Fucking weird movie with a fucked up Chemical Brothers backbeat and some odd framing. 

Not sure what I expected, but I expected much more than this.   I didn't hate it, but I could have gone my whole life without watching it and been ok-fine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #819 on: October 21, 2011, 08:48:20 AM »
Is it me, or have most of the reviews of recent movies been well-deserved harsh criticisms? 

I've got this theory that 99% of the movies being released over the past decade have been absolute shit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole