Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kaos' way behind movie reviews

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Kaos' way behind movie reviews
« Reply #600 on: May 05, 2011, 02:41:01 PM »
Smoking causes pancreatic cancer?

He meant how smoking hot he looked, I'm sure (considering that it was dallas who made the comment).

Maybe if he knew how sick he was going to get, he might have spent less time buffing up and more time enjoying shit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #601 on: May 05, 2011, 02:46:30 PM »

Theoretically, yes, but I don't know how they arrived at that conclusion.  It may be the same reasoning that declared eggs to be a cause of cancer.  Apparently smoking also causes bladder cancer.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #602 on: May 05, 2011, 03:13:18 PM »

Didn't say it casued it, but I read (looking for link) that during his treatment his body was unable to heal (not that it would have) due to the years of smoking and he contiuned to smoke while receiving treatment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #603 on: May 05, 2011, 03:42:04 PM »
I heard the butt sex causes pancreatic cancer. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #604 on: May 05, 2011, 04:11:02 PM »
Didn't say it casued it, but I read (looking for link) that during his treatment his body was unable to heal (not that it would have) due to the years of smoking and he contiuned to smoke while receiving treatment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1145486/Gaunt-Patrick-Swayze-defiantly-chain-smokes-battles-cancer.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #605 on: May 05, 2011, 09:01:15 PM »
I heard the butt sex causes pancreatic cancer.

And shitting yourself.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #606 on: May 05, 2011, 09:08:39 PM »
Felon

Caught this on the tube the other night.  I thought it was OK.    Basically this was an episode of Oz except an hour longer.  Highlights were a completely unrecognizable Val Kilmer as the grizzled prison vet, some pretty realistic fight scenes (supposedly they hired real ex-cons as the extras so they could show how prison fights and gang beat downs looked), and the daughter from Vegas Vacation getting strip searched after her underwire bra set off the metal detector.

I think there was a moral to the story, the moral was being in prison sucks.  Actually it was supposed to show how the US penal system is lacking proper oversight, desensitizes cons even more than they already were, and is utterly failing at rehabilitating criminals.  It did a good job at showing this without being overly preachy.  Of course, it presented no answers to these issues either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #607 on: May 05, 2011, 11:26:06 PM »
And shitting yourself.
Can you believe THIS shit? That chick frosted me like I was a fucking cake!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #608 on: May 06, 2011, 10:08:28 AM »
Felon

Caught this on the tube the other night.  I thought it was OK.    Basically this was an episode of Oz except an hour longer.  Highlights were a completely unrecognizable Val Kilmer as the grizzled prison vet, some pretty realistic fight scenes (supposedly they hired real ex-cons as the extras so they could show how prison fights and gang beat downs looked), and the daughter from Vegas Vacation getting strip searched after her underwire bra set off the metal detector.

I think there was a moral to the story, the moral was being in prison sucks.  Actually it was supposed to show how the US penal system is lacking proper oversight, desensitizes cons even more than they already were, and is utterly failing at rehabilitating criminals.  It did a good job at showing this without being overly preachy.  Of course, it presented no answers to these issues either.

Oz was some scary shit. 

I still have trouble watching Law&Order SVU.   I can't keep from thinking of Elliot as Keller.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #609 on: May 06, 2011, 12:16:59 PM »
Kaos - finally got around to catching Inception ALL THE WAY through with no interuption. I agree with you. Did not like it. It sucked. Was hoping for Shutter Island and all I got was a maze of a movie that made no sense as far as where it wanted to go.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #610 on: May 06, 2011, 02:12:02 PM »
Oz was some scary poop. 

I still have trouble watching Law&Order SVU.   I can't keep from thinking of Elliot as Keller.

I feel that way about the insurance commercials with Schillinger.  I keep seeing him and Keller breaking the student's arms and legs like they did to Beecher.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #611 on: May 06, 2011, 03:05:58 PM »
Or burning a swastika into his ass. 

That show did a good job of showing that "progressives" like McManus will meet with mixed results and in a lot of cases make things worse because they are so easily manipulated by sociopaths.

Another one I have trouble with is Eames on L&O: CI.  She showed it all and more as the death row psycho who killed her kids.  And then she rejected Adabisi because he was black. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #612 on: May 07, 2011, 06:46:30 AM »
African Cats

Eleven year old animal-loving daughter having a sleepover.  Wife who wants to go see Waterboarded Elephants, something I'm not about to do.  So I get the Cats and the kids. Better than Waterhead Elephants I figure.

So about the African Cats, a Disney wildlife production.

Imagine an episode of Wild Kingdom. 

Not take away Marlin Perkins.  Take away Jim and the unintentional comedy he provided. 

Now give names to all the animals in the production.  Lions named Mara, Fang, Layla and Kali.  A cheetah named Sita. 

Now stretch it out to 90 minutes. 

Now give Samuel L. Jackson the task of reading an over the top script that overdramatizes and over emotes.   There are no snakes on these motherfucking plains, but Sam ramps it up anyway. 

Now add one of the worst movie scores you can imagine.  Sam is over the top.  Way over.  But the music?  Completely distracting, overly tense, overly dramatic, utterly annoying.

Once all that gets rolling,  commence yawning.

The visuals, the cinematography is stunning.  It's amazing that the crew was able to get that embedded in the world of these magnificent creatures.  I've always marveled at the ability to get cameras into these locations to capture the interactions between the animals and their environment. 

As a screensaver, this would be great.  Picture after picture of beautiful animals (but somebody could perhaps CGI out all the flies). 

In the end, though, the film tells us nothing.   The "bad lion" wins.  Some cats survive, some don't (and we don't care).   We're not breaking any new ground here.  It's pretty, but that's all.  It can't overcome the lack of story, the cloying score and Sam's "do they speak English in what?" narration. 

On the plus side, there was a long trailer for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides in the previews.  May 20.  I will be lining up for that one.  Love Captain Jack. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #613 on: May 07, 2011, 11:41:50 AM »
Thor

Not my genre of movie, but I expected Anthony Hopkins and Natalie Portman could help it.  They didn't.   If you're in to computer generated, complete fantasy, parallel world, action/violence over the top bullshit....have a fucking ball.

As for me... :puke:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 12:38:21 PM by JR4AU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #614 on: May 11, 2011, 09:18:25 AM »
Good Will Hunting

I know this is an older movie I should have seen, but I finally got around to watching it last night. 

Not bad.  A lot of parts I could criticize like the fight scene on the basketball court, the "It's not your fault" scene, and the fact that they didn't build the "love is the most important aspect of life" angle enough. 

I thought Matt Damon did a good job as did Robin Williams.  Affleck was Affleck.  He should have quit after Voyage of the Mimi.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #615 on: May 11, 2011, 09:37:31 AM »
Good Will Hunting

I know this is an older movie I should have seen, but I finally got around to watching it last night. 

Not bad.  A lot of parts I could criticize like the fight scene on the basketball court, the "It's not your fault" scene, and the fact that they didn't build the "love is the most important aspect of life" angle enough. 

I thought Matt Damon did a good job as did Robin Williams.  Affleck was Affleck.  He should have quit after Voyage of the Mimi.

Soundtrack to this movie is tits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #616 on: May 11, 2011, 10:46:10 PM »
Ya'll are fuckin' up my thread....

I need to watch a movie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #617 on: May 12, 2011, 03:02:50 AM »
Ya'll are fuckin' up my thread....

I need to watch a movie.
Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #618 on: May 12, 2011, 03:40:51 PM »
Oh! Come and see the violence inherent in the system.
In future conversations, you will refer to me as... Mr. Sanderson and I will refer to you as... Mrs. Esterhouse
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #619 on: May 13, 2011, 07:08:03 AM »
In future conversations, you will refer to me as... Mr. Sanderson and I will refer to you as... Mrs. Esterhouse

We're talking mucho dinero, and probably some American money too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions