funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
Re: Kaos' way behind movie reviews
« Reply #561 on: April 27, 2011, 10:49:13 AM »
That movie sucked a 45-pound dick.

I liked it.

...the 45-pound dick, that is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #562 on: April 27, 2011, 11:03:35 AM »
I liked it.

...the 45-pound dick, that is.

Then you would love I Love You Phillip Morris. There is even a huge dick cloud in the sky.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:04:51 AM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #563 on: April 27, 2011, 11:09:18 AM »
No it didn't.

Okay.  A 60-pound dick then.  I was trying to be nice. 

Dreadful movie.  Mawkish shit.  It's one brain cell elevated from 50 First Dates. 

The asinine plot device where memories are hiding memories?  Asinine.  Shitty writing. 

And Carrey sucked in it.  Hard.

Allow me to rephrase:  I did not like this movie at all.  The only redeeming feature was Winslet's varying hair color.  At least her rainbow coif was mildly interesting. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #564 on: April 27, 2011, 11:27:07 AM »
Okay.  A 60-pound dick then.  I was trying to be nice. 

Dreadful movie.  Mawkish shit.  It's one brain cell elevated from 50 First Dates. 

The asinine plot device where memories are hiding memories?  Asinine.  Shitty writing. 

And Carrey sucked in it.  Hard.

Allow me to rephrase:  I did not like this movie at all.  The only redeeming feature was Winslet's varying hair color.  At least her rainbow coif was mildly interesting.

So I take it you aren't a big fan of Charlie Kaufman - Adaptation, Being John Malkovich.

And to compare it to 50 First Dates in terms of substance?  That's weak.  Really weak. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #565 on: April 27, 2011, 11:51:06 AM »
So I take it you aren't a big fan of Charlie Kaufman - Adaptation, Being John Malkovich.

And to compare it to 50 First Dates in terms of substance?  That's weak.  Really weak.

Those movies weren't as great as people made them out to be, it's just that so much of moviedom is so completely and totally mindless that anything that is remotely clever or attempts to engage you mentally is hailed as some kind of cinematic triumph. 

Inception was like that.  Really not a very good movie, but it was huzzahed to the heavens because it wasn't Fast and Furious Seven.  It allegedly required you to think.  It required me not to care in the least and to laugh at ridiculous plot holes, but I digress. 

50 First Dates had more substance.  It wasn't filled with sappy faux sentimentality and logical fallacies you could drive Precious through.  It also had Adam Sandler who is on par with Carrey in terms of acting ability.  As in a stuffed hamster has more. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #566 on: April 27, 2011, 01:19:10 PM »
Those movies weren't as great as people made them out to be, it's just that so much of moviedom is so completely and totally mindless that anything that is remotely clever or attempts to engage you mentally is hailed as some kind of cinematic triumph. 

Inception was like that.  Really not a very good movie, but it was huzzahed to the heavens because it wasn't Fast and Furious Seven.  It allegedly required you to think.  It required me not to care in the least and to laugh at ridiculous plot holes, but I digress. 

50 First Dates had more substance.  It wasn't filled with sappy faux sentimentality and logical fallacies you could drive Precious through.  It also had Adam Sandler who is on par with Carrey in terms of acting ability.  As in a stuffed hamster has more.

Do I think Sandler is a cool guy who seems to be funny in SOME roles? But on par with Carrey's abiity? No way.

By ability I mean, ceiling. Carrey CAN act when he choses to. Sandler is what he is. An avg actor who comes off as being a genuine guy. I don't expect blockbusters out of him. I expect more of Carrey because I know he has it in him. He just rarely shows it anymore.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #567 on: April 29, 2011, 04:58:45 PM »
The Breakfast Club

Yeah.  I know. 

But it's on and I'm temporarily stuck inside. 

I once had a professor who made us watch 15 minutes of this movie every day and then dissect the characters, their motivations, methods to handle their issues, ways to connect with them, etc.  Because of that, I sort of lost just how fantastic the overall movie actually was. 

The casting was dead solid perfect.   Yes each character was a stereotype to an extent.  And yeah, the resolution was a little packaged.  But the movie itself?  Quite simply the greatest teen angst movie ever made.  John Hughes should have started and stopped here. 

Molly Ringwald carries just the right rich bitch princess tone.  Judd is outstanding playing a ramped up version of me in high school.  Emilio turns in a solid performance as the jock.  Sheedy is adorable as the weirdo. Anthony Michael Hall has the dweeb down pat. 

Paul Gleason is somewhat undervalued in his role as Principal Vernon.  If you grew up in the 70s and 80s you had to deal with at least one Vernon.  The empty threat bully who spouted cliches and thought them life lessons was a staple of every high school.  So was the guy who told him to fuck off, like Nelson's character did.

"I make $31,000.  I have a home.  I'm not going to waste that on a piece of punk like you.....  Just as I thought, you're a gutless turd." 

That particular speech was delivered to me by our Vice Principal, a bald black man named Mr. Thomas (he called himself Mr. T) just before he shut me up in the "hot box" for an entire day. 

The movie is 25 years old (will there be a 25th anniversary retrospective?  Maybe a sequel, called The Country Club where we find out that Bender is a state senator, the wrestler works at a factory, the princess finished community college and works as a hairdresser, the weirdo owns a restaurant and the nerd is an accountant stuck in a boring life with a wife who is fucking her massage therapist?).  Even at 25, it still perfectly captures all the emotion, frustration, fear, hope, pain, anger and joy of that particular time in a person's maturity. 

It's an outstanding character study and one of my favorite movies of all time.   

If I only had ten movies on an island, I'd hope one of them was this one. 

A good story well told and well acted.  Can't ask for anything more.  Except nudity and that might have been creepy here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #568 on: April 29, 2011, 05:01:08 PM »
The Breakfast Club

One time when I was holding Saturday School, I said to a student, "Quiet down, Wang Chung."  I thought it was hilarious.   

He didn't get it.  His mom didn't get it.  Luckily my AP got it and only gave me a "warning." 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #569 on: April 29, 2011, 05:04:59 PM »
One time when I was holding Saturday School, I said to a student, "Quiet down, Wang Chung."  I thought it was hilarious.   

He didn't get it.  His mom didn't get it.  Luckily my AP got it and only gave me a "warning."

What I could never get my professor to understand was that all kids didn't have a heart of gold hiding behind whatever wall they'd erected for themselves. 

Some kids are just plain mean ass bastards.  Some are simply sluts.  Some have no compassion for anyone or anything. 

Some just aren't reachable. 

But he never got it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #570 on: May 02, 2011, 09:55:00 AM »
The Breakfast Club

Yeah.  I know. 

But it's on and I'm temporarily stuck inside. 

I once had a professor who made us watch 15 minutes of this movie every day and then dissect the characters, their motivations, methods to handle their issues, ways to connect with them, etc.  Because of that, I sort of lost just how fantastic the overall movie actually was. 

The casting was dead solid perfect.   Yes each character was a stereotype to an extent.  And yeah, the resolution was a little packaged.  But the movie itself?  Quite simply the greatest teen angst movie ever made.  John Hughes should have started and stopped here. 

Molly Ringwald carries just the right rich bitch princess tone.  Judd is outstanding playing a ramped up version of me in high school.  Emilio turns in a solid performance as the jock.  Sheedy is adorable as the weirdo. Anthony Michael Hall has the dweeb down pat. 

Paul Gleason is somewhat undervalued in his role as Principal Vernon.  If you grew up in the 70s and 80s you had to deal with at least one Vernon.  The empty threat bully who spouted cliches and thought them life lessons was a staple of every high school.  So was the guy who told him to fuck off, like Nelson's character did.

"I make $31,000.  I have a home.  I'm not going to waste that on a piece of punk like you.....  Just as I thought, you're a gutless turd." 

That particular speech was delivered to me by our Vice Principal, a bald black man named Mr. Thomas (he called himself Mr. T) just before he shut me up in the "hot box" for an entire day. 

The movie is 25 years old (will there be a 25th anniversary retrospective?  Maybe a sequel, called The Country Club where we find out that Bender is a state senator, the wrestler works at a factory, the princess finished community college and works as a hairdresser, the weirdo owns a restaurant and the nerd is an accountant stuck in a boring life with a wife who is fucking her massage therapist?).  Even at 25, it still perfectly captures all the emotion, frustration, fear, hope, pain, anger and joy of that particular time in a person's maturity. 

It's an outstanding character study and one of my favorite movies of all time.   

If I only had ten movies on an island, I'd hope one of them was this one. 

A good story well told and well acted.  Can't ask for anything more.  Except nudity and that might have been creepy here.

Don't you......forget about me........
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #571 on: May 02, 2011, 11:31:28 AM »
Some of my favorite 80's movies.
The Breakfast Club
Goonies
Sixteen Candles
Some Kind of Wonderful
Can't Buy Me Love
One Crazy Summer
Better Off Dead
Stand By Me
Caddyshack
Fletch
Over the Top
Roadhouse
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #572 on: May 02, 2011, 12:14:52 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #573 on: May 02, 2011, 12:24:16 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #574 on: May 02, 2011, 12:29:32 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #575 on: May 03, 2011, 11:55:23 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #576 on: May 03, 2011, 04:53:06 PM »
Judd is outstanding playing a ramped up version of me in high school.

It was the fingerless gloves, wasn't it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #577 on: May 03, 2011, 05:00:37 PM »

Did you not see the smoking hot blond in Roadhouse?  Makes it worth watching
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #578 on: May 03, 2011, 05:15:20 PM »
Did you not see the smoking hot blond in Roadhouse?  Makes it worth watching

Meh.  She was fair.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #579 on: May 03, 2011, 05:31:32 PM »
Meh.  She was fair.

By 1980's standards, SMOKING HOT.  By todays standard STILL SMOKING HOT.  The scene in Swazey's barn loft where she was naked showed how hot her body was. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions