Who the fuck is Marvin Hamlisch
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Kaos' way behind movie reviews
« Reply #422 on: February 16, 2011, 04:45:53 PM »
Re-watched Less Than Zero for the first time in a loooong time last night.

Great fucking movie.  Downey the junkie man-whore, Spader the greasy dealer-pimp, Gertz the coke tramp, and McCarthy as the clean-cut college boy.

I like Ellis's novels, but this one and American Psycho worked so much better on screen than in print.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #423 on: February 17, 2011, 12:05:53 AM »
Re-watched Less Than Zero for the first time in a loooong time last night.

Great fucking movie.  Downey the junkie man-whore, Spader the greasy dealer-pimp, Gertz the coke tramp, and McCarthy as the clean-cut college boy.

I like Ellis's novels, but this one and American Psycho worked so much better on screen than in print.

American Psycho is a great f'n movie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #424 on: February 18, 2011, 10:00:41 AM »
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

Way over the top, but in the end, I enjoyed what I watched.  This movie tries to combine Japanese anime and videogames with a mainstream movie.  It works for the most part especially if you've played videogames your whole life.

A few scenes really pissed me off.  Like when the first battle involved a musical number by the immigrant douchebag. 

Overall - a decent film.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #425 on: February 20, 2011, 11:25:09 AM »
Pirahna

Intended to be an homage to the spectacularly gory horror genre of the 70s and 80s (I guess), The Fish Movie poured on the boobs, blood, gore and debauchery.

Ving Rhames, Elisabeth Shue (my favorite babysitter), Doc from Back to the Future and Richard Dreyfuss are among the "stars" slumming it in the flim.

Maybe I've just grown up some since I reveled in Spring Break the Movie and Friday the 13th Part III, but the continual nudity and crudity just wore on me.  Where is this place where all the girls are naked and all the boys are stupid? 

I watched it with a friend and her 17 year old daughter.  I cringed (and so did they both) at several just unnecessary and gratuitous parts.

Jerry O'Connell should be barred from acting ever again unless he gets fat and visits a train track where a dead body hides.

I could never get any sympathy for the lead character although I didn't want his cute sorta girlfriend to be eaten by the fish.

Some really bad special effects marred some of the gorier scenes, too.

It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen, but I guess I'm just too mature now to fully enjoy the presentation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #426 on: February 21, 2011, 09:45:15 AM »
Legion

Had been warned that this was an awful movie so I ignored it for a long time.   Accidentally came across it in the middle of the night on Starz and it wasn't nearly as bad as I anticipated. 

I'm a little fuzzy on the concept of God sending angels to possess people and also why that would be necessary.  If God wanted to destroy the world I think He would be a little more direct than that.  Also not sure why that particular baby was of such importance. 

The special effects were good.  Using the old lady and a little kid as primary protagonists was good too, particularly the old lady. 

It wasn't nearly as crappy as I'd been led to believe.  Not going to win any awards, but was a decent, if muddled, supernatural tale.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #427 on: February 22, 2011, 12:00:09 PM »
Anyone going to see Unknown? Looks good and I like liam neeson.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #428 on: February 22, 2011, 01:13:33 PM »

If it's half as good as Taken, it should kick major ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #429 on: February 22, 2011, 01:43:03 PM »

What is the new movie with the hot guy from The Hangover and DeNeiro?  Something about take a pill to get unlimited mental intelligence or power or something.  I caught the end of the trailer but did not catch the name...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #430 on: February 22, 2011, 01:44:48 PM »
What is the new movie with the hot guy from The Hangover and DeNeiro?  Something about take a pill to get unlimited mental intelligence or power or something.  I caught the end of the trailer but did not catch the name...

Limitless
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #431 on: February 22, 2011, 01:52:02 PM »
Limitless

Can't take Bradley cooper serious in this kind of movie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #432 on: February 22, 2011, 02:10:10 PM »
Can't take Bradley cooper serious in this kind of movie.

To me, he is an up and comer... way hot without being too pretty, and a good enough actor to maybe pull off some meaty parts.  I hope he gets good reviews for this movie - playing opposite DeNeiro is big time... (insert Ben Stiller/Focker joke here tho...   do NOT know what The Man was thinking...)

But I get what you are saying.  Even if Keanu was a freaking Oscar worthy actor, I can never get past Bill & Ted.  I would never be able to see the goofy dentist guy/Andy from Office as any kind of serious actor.  Ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #433 on: February 22, 2011, 02:23:10 PM »
To me, he is an up and comer... way hot without being too pretty, and a good enough actor to maybe pull off some meaty parts.  I hope he gets good reviews for this movie - playing opposite DeNeiro is big time... (insert Ben Stiller/Focker joke here tho...   do NOT know what The Man was thinking...)

But I get what you are saying.  Even if Keanu was a freaking Oscar worthy actor, I can never get past Bill & Ted.  I would never be able to see the goofy dentist guy/Andy from Office as any kind of serious actor.  Ever.

I cant get past cooper in wedding crashers. Although Vince Vaughn is hilarious to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #434 on: February 22, 2011, 02:36:04 PM »
I cant get past cooper in wedding crashers. Although Vince Vaughn is hilarious to me.

He was in a really bad horror movie about some dude on a train with a meat cleaver, too.  Can't see past it. 

Plus he looks like my accountant.   He's not high on my list.   He's like Matthew McBongodrums lite.  And McBongo's no Malkovich.  Not what you'd call a great actor, anyway. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #435 on: February 24, 2011, 02:30:24 AM »
The American

Should have just named it "The Slow and Shitty" 

What a plodding, boring load of crap.  Brooding piano. Brooding Clooney. Hot Italian prostitute.  Brood. Brood. Brood. Brood.  Never get anywhere.  Never offer even the slightest explanation of who anyone was, what they were doing or what purpose they served. 

Awful. 

If I'd paid to see that in the theaters....

Awful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #436 on: February 24, 2011, 08:24:15 AM »
Due date sucked balls. It was much funnier with Steve Martin and John Candy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #437 on: February 24, 2011, 08:27:59 AM »
Due date sucked balls. It was much funnier with Steve Martin and John Candy.

Those aren't pillows.

Hate to hear that.  I had high hopes for that movie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Token

« Reply #438 on: February 24, 2011, 09:03:12 AM »
Those aren't pillows.

Hate to hear that.  I had high hopes for that movie.

Had they gone another direction with the movie, I maybe could have appreciated it.  After all, it had Downey Jr as the lead actor.  And he had some moments.  Danny McBride had a good scene in the movie.  But it followed "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" from start to finish. 

Business man.  Lonely fat guy just trying to make it.  First meet at airport with a luggage scene.  Then on the airplane.  Then again when the business man is stranded and gets a ride from the fat guy.  Minus the train, it follows lock-step all the way down to the fat guy secretly having the business guys wallet. 

Steve Martin was a better business man.  John Candy was a better slob. 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 09:04:39 AM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #439 on: February 24, 2011, 09:27:18 AM »
Had they gone another direction with the movie, I maybe could have appreciated it.  After all, it had Downey Jr as the lead actor.  And he had some moments.  Danny McBride had a good scene in the movie.  But it followed "Planes, Trains and Automobiles" from start to finish. 

Business man.  Lonely fat guy just trying to make it.  First meet at airport with a luggage scene.  Then on the airplane.  Then again when the business man is stranded and gets a ride from the fat guy.  Minus the train, it follows lock-step all the way down to the fat guy secretly having the business guys wallet. 

Steve Martin was a better business man.  John Candy was a better slob.

I liked it and laughed...but Token is dead nutz, I said the same thing.  Still worth a look though IMHO.

and Kaos I agree on the American 100% ...it didn't know what the fuck it was supposed to be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum