Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kaos' way behind movie reviews

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Kaos' way behind movie reviews
« Reply #400 on: February 10, 2011, 10:30:11 AM »
Tell me the deal and the reveal.  I go back and forth on how that is supposed to end.  Shutter Island as well.  I don't think that one is as cut and dry as you would have me believe.

Knew he killed them. 

Knew she killed them. 

Didn't care.

Where the thing lost me?  When everybody in the hotel was floating around because the van was floating, but the same rules of gravity didn't apply in the snow.  I was tolerating the damn thing to that point, but then I just quit giving a shit.  That was just one of the instances where they just made shit up so they could do what they want. 

I liked Memento and I liked this movie okay, but neither are iconic must see movies for me.  It's like Nolan thinks he's brilliant but all he's doing is asking a bunch of questions and providing no answers. 

At some point as all the ridiculous dream rules kept getting more and more convoluted I just quit caring.  I didn't care which level of hell they were in or whether they'd ever get out. 

EDIT:

After thinking about it more, I just realized what my real problem with Inception is.  And it's pretty simple. 

I don't want to write my own ending to a movie.   And I don't want to write the beginning or middle either.  If I'm going to do that, I'll just save my money pop some popcorn in the microwave and make up my own movie in my head. 

If you want me to write the ending?  Pay me.  Otherwise, write the damn ending.   Would Citizen Kane have been as good if you were left to guess at the identity of Rosebud?  Would To Kill A Mockingbird have been a classic if you were left to wonder whether Boo Radley existed?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 11:38:58 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #401 on: February 10, 2011, 10:47:53 AM »
Wall Street II: Rise of the Decpticons

I'm tired of being disappointed.  I expected a lot from this movie.  Not the slow, plodding, meandering story.  I couldn't get attached to any of the characters.  Another morality tale from crackpot Oliver Stone. 

Worst of all was the music.  It was completely out of place from the opening credits. Dreadful musical selections. Fucking TERRIBLE.  Gawd fucking AWFUL. The music alone was an epic disaster.  I hated every second of it.  Every note made my skin crawl. 

LeBouf needs to eat a sandwich.  He weighed like 18 pounds.  The girl was completely unattractive and unsexy and unappealing. Douglas hammed up his part. 

The bike racing scene was stupid. 

I don't know, it just left me wishing it would hurry the fuck up and be over.  That's not the sign of a good movie.

You need to go watch Wall Street again...the music was a tribute to that.  In fact most of the same music was played in both movies.  I really liked this movie, they did I damn fine job on what was happening at the time.  But its my industry, maybe thats why I liked it so much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #402 on: February 10, 2011, 10:49:37 AM »
You need to go watch Wall Street again...the music was a tribute to that.  In fact most of the same music was played in both movies.  I really liked this movie, they did I damn fine job on what was happening at the time.  But its my industry, maybe thats why I liked it so much.

I didn't realize that it was about whore island?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #403 on: February 10, 2011, 10:59:02 AM »
Memento was fucking brilliant...

That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #404 on: February 10, 2011, 01:37:18 PM »
I didn't realize that it was about whore island?
And Boom goes the Dynamite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #405 on: February 10, 2011, 04:45:51 PM »
The King's Speech

Tired of being disappointed?  Go see this.  Quirky.  Historical.  Enjoyable.  Feel good.

I really enjoyed it.

Also, I feel the same way about Inception.  I never cared about his big secret concerning his wife's death.  I didn't care about the characters enough to care about the plot.

And they strayed from the plotline too much.  Wasn't planting the idea in the banker's head the ultimate goal of the movie?  It just kind of happened and then ended.  Then he was saving the Asian dude.  Then he was with his kids and a spinning top was spinning and then skipped a beat and then kept spinning. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #406 on: February 10, 2011, 05:18:51 PM »
The King's Speech

Tired of being disappointed?  Go see this.  Quirky.  Historical.  Enjoyable.  Feel good.

I'll wait on the Blu-Ray.  Netflix. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #407 on: February 11, 2011, 01:26:46 AM »
Machete

Thirty-nine spicy flavors of awesome.  It is what The Expendables should have been.  Didn't take itself seriously at all, was so bad it was good.

Michelle Rodriguez is impossibly hot.  Impossibly.  Jessica Alba is as well. 

The cast was great. Just great.  Segal, Lohan, Cheech, Don Johnson..... Just fun. 

Not for everybody.  Not Inception.  No thinking needed. 

FWIW, I don't agree with the point of view advocated.  Build the wall. 
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 02:02:24 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #408 on: February 12, 2011, 01:20:04 AM »
JUST GO WITH IT

Saw the premier tonight.  A few points right off the bat. Take a date, your wife, husband, whatever floats your boat.  Understand from the start that this is a comedy and nothing more.  For those of you anticipating a plot, surprise ending, twists and turns etc....do not read the following lines.  Disclaimer:

There are NO surprises!!! The movie begins and ends EXACTLY the way you expect.  That's not what this movie is about.

It is a comedy with Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston, Nicole Kidman, 2 cute, talented kids, HOT ass Brooklyn Decker and funny as hell Eddie Swardson.  As such, these are seasoned vets who get it right in a just above PG comedy.  Bottom line, I....along with a packed house theater, laughed our collective asses off for 2 hours.  This movie is funny as hell.  No classic lines and certainly no threads will be hijacked on the X because of it.  But from 10 minutes in until the ending, absolute comedy gold. 

It's a Sandler produced film with Jennifer Aniston.  Sandler is his usual non-stop one liner self, but Aniston is the best she's ever been opposite Sandler.  You may go to it and hate it...but a packed house in Dothan disagrees with you. Seriously, take your significant other and understand going in, it's a slapstick comedy with a little, totally predictable romance thrown in.  MUCH better than I expected.  I laughed my ass off all the way through. Worth the price of admission.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #409 on: February 12, 2011, 06:22:33 AM »
I spit on your grave
This remake's worth a look.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #410 on: February 12, 2011, 11:46:13 AM »
It is a comedy with Adam Sandler...

Comedy and Adam Sandler are mutually exclusive terms. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #411 on: February 12, 2011, 01:21:06 PM »
The Town
Good film.  Affleck is a better director than he is an actor.  A little unbelivable in the relationship with the female lead, but it was a movie after all.  Worth watching. 

Inception
Expected too much, I suppose.  Was just meh. Wasn't awed in the least.  Closer to yawn than awe.   

The Town: Enjoyed...pretty good flick.  Agree on Affleck

Inception: Modern high-tech version of Dreamscape.  It lost my interest, and I can't explain why exactly. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #412 on: February 12, 2011, 03:33:32 PM »
The Social Network

I know it's not historically accurate, but it was certainly interesting.  In fact, it inspired me to be more of an asshole to people I work with.  Assholes always seem to succeed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #413 on: February 12, 2011, 04:28:09 PM »
The Social Network

I know it's not historically accurate, but it was certainly interesting.  In fact, it inspired me to be more of an asshole to people I work with.  Assholes always seem to succeed.

I enjoyed it.

Also watched Brooklyn's Finest last night.  Good movie.  I love Don Cheadle, though this isn't his best work.  I recommend it.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #414 on: February 13, 2011, 11:31:11 AM »
Red
Not the movie I expected from the trailers.  Well, somewhat the movie I expected but not entirely.  It was what The Expendables aspired to be. 

It hit most of the right notes even if the story was somewhat implausible. I don't know what's happened to John Malkovich's face, but he's still a decent actor and was good here.  It's gotten where you can't tell if he's smiling or shitting himself.  His facial expressions are bizarre.

One thing that annoyed me?  During part of the movie they are in Pensacola and go intercept someone they're looking for at the airport in Mobile.  The only time the city name is mentioned, the stupid whore calls it "mobil"  Like mobile phone.  Idiot skank.  And then as they exit the airport you can hear the announcements over the loudspeaker in the background.  Sounds like Grandpa Jones is doing them.  Horrible fake southern accent.  Wish they'd bothered to get some of that right. 
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 08:40:09 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #415 on: February 14, 2011, 09:42:00 AM »
Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad weekend for movies.

Dinner with Shmucks

Unwatchable.  One of the most embarrassing movies I've ever seen, and I typically like Steve Carrell.  Every attempted joke was a miss.  We didn't even make it to the dinner scenes.

Eat Pray Love

My wife roped me into watching this.  She loves chick flicks, and she loves the idea of being a world traveler who is well versed in different cultures.  But even she instantly recognized how inherently selfish the main character was.

Pretty much, an attractive married woman who lives a successful life in New York City decides that she hasn't "found herself," and that her marriage is preventing her from doing so.  She says she doesn't need a man to help her with identity.  So, she abruptly divorces him and decides to spend a year traveling to 3 different locations in 4 month increments. 

In Italy, she learns to how to eat a lot.
In India, she learns to forgive her husband.
In Bali, she learns that in order to achieve "balance," she must find love.

So in the end, (after breaking the hearts of three men - who all, by the way, love everything about her) she ends up with a man. 

Awful.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #416 on: February 14, 2011, 10:35:37 AM »
I'm seriously late to the party on this one, but - just now seeing the Blindside. Caught it Saturday on Netflix. Good movie. Not a blockbuster, but def good.

If it did anything, it made me hate the NCAA even more. Sandra Bullock steals the show....and is uber HAWWWTTTTTTT!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #417 on: February 14, 2011, 11:05:19 AM »
I'm seriously late to the party on this one, but - just now seeing the Blindside. Caught it Saturday on Netflix. Good movie. Not a blockbuster, but def good.

If it did anything, it made me hate the NCAA even more. Sandra Bullock steals the show....and is uber HAWWWTTTTTTT!

I thought the opposite.  Hated the movie with every fiber of my being because it was such bullshit.  I guess the fact that Oher started distancing himself from them while they bathed themselves in his glory influenced my perception as well.

I left absolutely LOATHING the Touhey's (or however you spell it) and that sanctimonious Lee Anne twat.  She can SUCK it.   Fuck the whole family and the little retarded boy, too.  Fuck Ole Miss.

Also hated Bullock's performance.   She can go to hell.

Just a shitty movie IMO. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #418 on: February 16, 2011, 11:04:39 AM »
Dinner with Schmucks

Oh, lord.  Poor Steve.  He's a decent character, but he can't stray too far from Michael Scott or he flops.

I have come to really hate Paul Rudd.  Every movie he's in is just lame.  No personality.  He really sucked in this one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #419 on: February 16, 2011, 11:23:15 AM »
Dinner with Schmucks

Oh, lord.  Poor Steve.  He's a decent character, but he can't stray too far from Michael Scott or he flops.

I have come to really hate Paul Rudd.  Every movie he's in is just lame.  No personality.  He really sucked in this one.

Kissmyanthia
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."