Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kaos' way behind movie reviews

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Kaos' way behind movie reviews
« Reply #300 on: March 19, 2010, 12:23:18 PM »
Up In The Air

Clooney = Good. Vera's ass = Nice. Vera's face = chopped horse.  The movie = meh. 

It was a decent movie but like so many it left a lot on the table.  Could have been better. It was just sort of there.

My biggest problem with it was that I could see what was coming a mile away.  I knew what was going to happen with his singular quest the moment he got his sister's standup picture.  I knew that the achievement of his solitary goal would be less spectacular than he'd planned.  I knew what was going to happen when horse face opened the door.  All of that was basically telegraphed.  I knew that Pixie's techno-solution wouldn't hold in the end.

The movie held no surprises, provided no lessons and basically spoke to nothing.  It was okay, but that's about all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #301 on: March 19, 2010, 02:17:05 PM »
Speaking of Clooney

I'm interested (and maybe Wench too) to hear what your review of O Brother Where Art Thou would be..Care to humor me? I will hold my opinion until after you are done....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #302 on: March 19, 2010, 02:42:39 PM »
I thought Clooney was outstanding in that role. It really changed my perception of him.

The movie itself is an acquired taste. Didn't like it nearly as much the first time I saw it as I did the third or fourth.

Come to appreciate it as one of the better comedies of the last several years. Not Raising Arizona but in the ballpark.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #303 on: March 19, 2010, 02:48:55 PM »
O Brother was Jeenyus.  I agree in that the first time I watched it, I thought it was funny enough but just a little different, weird...I couldn't put my finger on it.  Clooney cracked me up throughout.  I think part of the reason for enjoying it more each time is the number of lines that people continue to quote from it.  It's a little like Caddyshack wherein you hear a line and instantly know where it came from.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #304 on: March 19, 2010, 03:41:07 PM »
I thought Clooney was outstanding in that role. It really changed my perception of him.

The movie itself is an acquired taste. Didn't like it nearly as much the first time I saw it as I did the third or fourth.

Come to appreciate it as one of the better comedies of the last several years. Not Raising Arizona but in the ballpark.

OBWAT is one of those rare movies that Ive seen 50 times and everytime I watch it I pick up something new. It was very peculiar and deeper than most think.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #305 on: March 20, 2010, 09:58:17 AM »
The Ugly Truth

The ugly truth about this movie is that Katherine and that 300 clown have about as much chemistry as Whoopi Goldberg and Ted Danson.  Actually, Whoop and Sam might have more. 

The truth about this movie is that it was just ugly. 

Gerard Butler is one of the worst actors in movie history. He's creeping up into Nick Cage and John Travolta territory. At least Cage's goofy ass over the top mugging and Travolta's persistent Vinnie Barbarino impersonation (even when playing military officers and lawyers) shows a little ability. Butler's stroke face has no range, no personality, nothing to offer.

It was blatantly obvious that this movie was written by women who thought they understood how the male mind works when, in fact, they are probably bull dyke lesbians and have no clue what men are thinking. 

It wasn't the worst movie I've ever seen -- Final Destination 3 was worse -- but this "romantic comedy" was neither comedy nor romance. You're certainly not going to leave the theater (or the couch) with your significant other and have an increased opportunity to get laid.  No, you're more likely to be heading to the medicine cabinet for some maalox.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #306 on: March 20, 2010, 10:01:52 AM »
Brief Interviews with Hideous Men

I have no idea what this was about.  People speaking in other's bodies, something about a haircut and a parade of NBC stars from the red-headed chick on Law & Order: CI to Elliot Stabler from L&O: SVU to Jim from The Office and a boat load of angst.  

I'm sure it was meant to be deep and insightful.  It was recommended to me by someone who apparently drew some meaning from it.  

I got nothing.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 10:02:51 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #307 on: March 22, 2010, 09:18:30 AM »
Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day

Maybe I should have watched Boondock Saints  first. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #308 on: March 22, 2010, 09:24:27 AM »
The Great Buck Howard

Meandering film produced by Tom Hanks in order to give his kid something to do.  His kid is like Tom, but blander and less compelling.

John Malkovich was good as the titular Buck Howard -- who was actually playing Kreskin.  Why they couldn't have just named the movie The Amazing Kreskin, I really don't know. At the end they even acknowledged that the film was inspired by Kreskin.  I'm probably the only person on this board who saw Kreskin perform so I can at least say that Buck Howard got the smarmy patter pretty close to right. 

In a film like this you're looking for some redemption and there really was none.  Not for Buck -- well maybe a little. Not for the ineffectual Hanks kid. Not for the appealing Emily Blunt who was sort of wasted here. 

The movie told a story, but didn't give me quite enough to care what happened to any of the participants.

I would like to know how he does the final effect, but that's all I was left with.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #309 on: March 22, 2010, 09:46:26 AM »

Almost a pre-req in order to get the best out of II. The first one kicked major ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #310 on: March 22, 2010, 10:50:58 AM »

You should have only watched Boondock Saints.

I started this turd of a movie, and it's one of the very few I just had to turn off after about 30 minutes.

The first was a bit campy and corny, but it worked. It does not work at all in the sequel.

I'm amazed that it was actually written and directed by the same guy and got a theatrical release. It was the Caddy Shack II of its time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #311 on: March 22, 2010, 01:15:53 PM »

I started this turd of a movie, and it's one of the very few I just had to turn off after about 30 minutes.

The first was a bit campy and corny, but it worked. It does not work at all in the sequel.

I'm amazed that it was actually written and directed by the same guy and got a theatrical release. It was the Caddy Shack II of its time.
That hurts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #312 on: March 22, 2010, 01:31:06 PM »
The Blind Side

Bullock deserved the Oscar, Jesse James should be bitched slapped and have his balls stuffed into his mouth for cheating on her.   I think most everyone knows the story of Michael Oher, so no surprises.  Just a great feel good story, I don't know how much of it was "hollywoodized" but in my humble opinion it is a must rent, and unlike the Ugly Truth will probably get you laid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #313 on: March 22, 2010, 02:41:32 PM »

I have it in my queue but decided not to watch it after watching II.  I can reconsider.   

I picked this one first mainly because Rita (from Dexter) was in it, but even she was terrible. 

As for The Blind Side?  I'm going to pass on that one for eternity.  I'll never watch it.  I don't find Sandra Bullock all that attractive to begin with and from what I can tell the story is so goozled up to paint that damn Rebel family as saints that I have no interest. 

It's telling to me that the Oher kid hasn't watched it, has stated he has no intention of watching it and is (seemingly) estranged from the Dippy family since the film started production. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #314 on: March 22, 2010, 03:46:08 PM »
I don't find Sandra Bullock all that attractive to begin with 

Your taste in women can only be described as bizarre.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #315 on: March 22, 2010, 03:55:56 PM »
Your taste in women can only be described as bizarre.

It just moved.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #316 on: March 22, 2010, 03:57:06 PM »
It's telling to me that the Oher kid hasn't watched it, has stated he has no intention of watching it and is (seemingly) estranged from the Dippy family since the film started production. 
You know all this from?

a. Your relationship with Oher
b. Your relationship with the Toohey's
c. Your supreme knowledge of everything?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #317 on: March 22, 2010, 04:14:04 PM »
You know all this from?

a. Your relationship with Oher
b. Your relationship with the Toohey's
c. Your supreme knowledge of everything?

None of the above.

From two separate interviews I read. One was in the Baltimore Sun. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #318 on: March 22, 2010, 04:15:19 PM »
None of the above.

From two separate interviews I read. One was in the Baltimore Sun. 
I am actually curious do you have a link...I tried to look it up and I couldn't find anything about what you were saying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #319 on: March 22, 2010, 04:51:43 PM »
I am actually curious do you have a link...I tried to look it up and I couldn't find anything about what you were saying.

This isn't it. But it references him not watching it.

http://www.examiner.com/x-31097-Book-Buzz-Examiner~y2009m11d28-Michael-Oher-hasnt-and-wont-read-The-Blind-Side
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions