Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kaos' way behind movie reviews

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Kaos' way behind movie reviews
« Reply #260 on: March 16, 2010, 12:42:36 PM »
You mean, you don't, you know, well, jolly me, by, you, what I mean, oh what was I saying, oh yes, the question, quite right, yes, um, you don't, like the way, he, the actor, uh, um, Hugh Grant, like the way, he, um, studders, um, throughout, a, uh, film?

Nailed it.  Hate, hate, hate that dude.  To top it off: he left Hurley at home to chase hookers.  I love hookers, but I love Hurley more.

Says the guy who went to see Where the Wild Things Are on opening night.

Fucking right I did. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #261 on: March 16, 2010, 12:51:01 PM »
Nailed it.  Hate, hate, hate that dude.  To top it off: he left Hurley at home to chase hookers.  I love hookers, but I love Hurley more.

Fucking right I did. 
I'm not in love with the dude, I just liked some of the movies he was in.  Did I not say he plays a bumbling dope through out every movie.  I am sure he cares that you hate him...he probably cries all the way to the bank.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

wesfau2

« Reply #262 on: March 16, 2010, 12:53:14 PM »
I'm not in love with the dude, I just liked some of the movies he was in.  Did I not say he plays a bumbling dope through out every movie.  I am sure he cares that you hate him...he probably cries all the way to the bank.

Nice and defensive....just the way I like you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #263 on: March 16, 2010, 12:55:56 PM »
Nice and defensive....just the way I like you.
I miss your touch
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #264 on: March 16, 2010, 01:05:39 PM »
Final Destination 4, 3D

I hope that was the final destination.  Probably the worst overall movie I've seen in a while.  The acting was atrocious, the plot even more asinine than the previous FD movies (the first two of which were good for what they were) and the contrivances simply ludicrous.  I'd give this movie a 0 on a scale of 10 to 20.

Retire the franchise.  

Plenty of extras on the BluRay version, but who gives a shit?  The "alternate endings" were even worse than the official one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #265 on: March 16, 2010, 01:31:49 PM »
Final Destination 4, 3D

I hope that was the final destination.  Probably the worst overall movie I've seen in a while.  The acting was atrocious, the plot even more asinine than the previous FD movies (the first two of which were good for what they were) and the contrivances simply ludicrous.  I'd give this movie a 0 on a scale of 10 to 20.

Retire the franchise.  

Plenty of extras on the BluRay version, but who gives a shit?  The "alternate endings" were even worse than the official one.
I got you beat...Observe and Report...worst piece of shit I have ever witnessed.  I want the 1:45 it stole from my life.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

« Reply #266 on: March 16, 2010, 01:40:59 PM »
Has anyone seen The Box yet.  If so, can somebody please explain to me what the fuck it was about???  
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 01:44:56 PM by lifesapplepie »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #267 on: March 16, 2010, 01:54:29 PM »
I got you beat...Observe and Report...worst piece of shit I have ever witnessed.  I want the 1:45 it stole from my life.
Completely disagree here.

That movie was funny as fuck if you like dark comedies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #268 on: March 16, 2010, 01:57:26 PM »
Has anyone seen The Box yet.  If so, can somebody please explain to me what the fuck it was about??? 

In the same night I saw another movie of note: The Box.

It's Richard Kelley (Donnie Darko) so expect weirdness to the point of confusion.

This was a 70's period piece and it really felt like I was watching a movie from that time. It felt like The Shining with a little bit of Creepshow thrown in for good measure, but with better special effects. Very Stanley Kubrick-esque.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #269 on: March 16, 2010, 02:16:08 PM »

That movie was funny as fuck if you like dark comedies.
FAIL

I like dark comedies. Insert the Big Lebowski, Clerks, Fargo, Raising Arizona.

I liked Pineapple Express (quasi Dark)..I got it... it was funny...not necessarily Rogen, but I laughed a lot.   

This is a Fail of not funny proportions.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 02:16:42 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #270 on: March 16, 2010, 02:25:51 PM »

No joke, you are the only person I've every heard say Observe and Report was anything other than buzzard shit. 

When it was out a bunch of my daughter's friends were at the house and went to the theater to see it.  College age, the type who try to tell me Kat Williams is the funniest guy who ever lived, who think The Hangover (what a dud) is high comedy and Superbad is the Fast Times at Ridgemont High of their generation.  To a man they declared Observe and Report the worst movie ever. 

When you can't sway a gaggle of mush-headed college frosh and sophomores?  F.A.I.L. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #271 on: March 16, 2010, 02:26:43 PM »
FAIL

I liked Pineapple Express (quasi Dark)..I got it... it was funny...not necessarily Rogen, but I laughed a lot.   

This is a Fail of not funny proportions.
Anna Farris passed out drunk and puking on herself as he fucked her anyway, and then commanding that he "Don't stop mothafucka" was dark comedy gold, IMO.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #272 on: March 16, 2010, 02:26:55 PM »
FAIL

Those aren't dark.  Particularly not Pineapple Express.

For dark comedy see:  Very Bad Things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #273 on: March 16, 2010, 02:28:22 PM »
No joke, you are the only person I've every heard say Observe and Report was anything other than buzzard shit.  

When it was out a bunch of my daughter's friends were at the house and went to the theater to see it.  College age, the type who try to tell me Kat Williams is the funniest guy who ever lived, who think The Hangover (what a dud) is high comedy and Superbad is the Fast Times at Ridgemont High of their generation.  To a man they declared Observe and Report the worst movie ever.  

When you can't sway a gaggle of mush-headed college frosh and sophomores?  F.A.I.L.  
You're saying yourself that their sense of comedy is out of whack.

If you're looking for Dane Cook, Hugh Grant, or Katt Williams comedy, this is not your bag.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 02:32:34 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #274 on: March 16, 2010, 02:30:18 PM »
You're saying yourself that their sense of comedy is out of whack.

If you're looking for Dane Cook, Hugh Grant, or Katt Williams comedy, this is not your bag.

I'm saying myself that they are the audience this movie was geared toward and they rejected it out of hand as schlock.  

You are the only person I've ever, ever, ever heard give this movie any positive comment at all and that spans multi-generations.

From my perspective, I expected nothing less than absolute suckage.  I'm not a Seth Rogen fan.  His movies are rarely funny to me. 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 02:32:18 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #275 on: March 16, 2010, 02:33:18 PM »
I'm saying myself that they are the audience this movie was geared toward and they rejected it out of hand as schlock.  

You are the only person I've ever, ever, ever heard give this movie any positive comment at all and that spans multi-generations.

From my perspective, I expected nothing less than absolute suckage.  I'm not a Seth Rogen fan.  His movies are rarely funny to me.  
Except it's not. I'm not surprised at all they wouldn't like it. Maybe it was mis-marketed to try to appeal to fans of other Rogan flicks like Knocked Up and Superbad, but it's far from one of those types of movies.

Jody Hill, who does East Bound & Down, and last directed Foot Fist Way (a must see dark comedy) pays a comedic homage to Taxi Driver. It's not for everyone.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 02:34:46 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #276 on: March 16, 2010, 02:45:38 PM »
I just ran across this review. This guy gets it.
Jody Hill's excellent and sure-to-be divisive Observe and Report takes the average comedy about goofy authority figures and turns it on its head. Hill, Seth Rogen, and the rest of the talented team behind this truly twisted movie recognize that if one was to honestly look at characters like Paul Blart or any of the morons from the Police Academy train wrecks, they would have to admit that they're probably a little crazy. Ronnie Barnhardt, the lead in Observe and Report, is a LOT crazy. This dark, subversive film was reportedly inspired by Taxi Driver, and, yes, it’s “Travis Bickle meets comedy." And it's not for the weak of heart either. Heavy drug use, male frontal nudity, date rape, alcoholism, extreme violence - Observe and Report makes last year's "dark comedy" Pineapple Express look like Thomas the Tank Engine in comparison. There will be many, many people who loathe Observe and Report, the same folks who were turned off by dark comedies like Bad Santa or Burn After Reading. I am not one of those folks.

The commercials that have been advertising Observe and Report as another broad comedy with Seth Rogen and Anna Faris are almost hysterically misleading. Not only does Faris have a small role, but O&R is far from your average laugh-fest and couldn’t be LESS of a date movie. Rogen plays Ronnie, a young man who works as the head of security at a local mall and dreams of being the hero. But he doesn't dream of being your average hero. He dreams of blowing away bad guys with his shotgun and being lauded as the savior of the people only after waves of violence. To be blunt, Ronnie is nuts. He takes drugs to deal with his problems, but he's a dangerous individual with a nightstick who wishes he could take a gun to work.

Ronnie sees a chance to fulfill what he sees as his world-changing ambition when a flasher happens into his mall parking lot. One of the young ladies who ends up on the wrong side of the pervert's raincoat happens to be Ronnie's love interest, makeup-counter saleswoman Brandi (Anna Faris). In his new fantasy scenario, Ronnie can get the bad guy and save the girl at the same time. Helping Ronnie in his quest are his right-hand man Dennis (Michael Pena) and twin guards John and Matt (John and Matt Yuan). As he ignores the flirtations of the one person in the film who might actually be able to effectively reach Ronnie emotionally, super-cute coffee girl Nell (Collette Wolfe), our poor hero (although I use that term loosely) descends deeper into madness.

Driving the car that takes Ronnie to crazy town is Detective Harrison (Ray Liotta), someone who immediately recognizes that this mall cop will never be anything but and puts him in his place. Ronnie's answer to the alpha male challenge presented by Harrison is to try and become a cop himself. In his mind, he'll be a gun-toting police officer with a hot girlfriend and he'll put the flasher behind bars. It all sounds great, right?

It might be great for your average security guard, but like I said, Ronnie's not all there. Hill and Rogen have created a fascinating character, someone who you're not really supposed to like, much less root for. Ronnie will make you physically uncomfortable in more ways than one, and the film has an unbelievable way of ratcheting up the tension. I honestly had no idea where Observe and Report was going. If everyone in the film had gone down in a hail of bullets (and I'm not saying they don't), I wouldn't have been remotely surprised.

And that's why Observe and Report works. Not only does it feature Rogen's best performance to date but also it's that one thing that modern comedies so rarely end up being - completely unpredictable. Even if you adore Paul Blart: Mall Cop, you have to admit, once you heard the title, you could close your eyes and outline the basic plot. You will NEVER see the end of Observe and Report coming. For a critic who sees wave after wave of predictable junk, the originality on display in this sure-to-be underrated screenplay was invigorating.

Many people will walk out of Observe and Report. Many people will tell their friends how awful a film it is and loathe it. I don’t blame them and totally understand that viewpoint. And, in some ways, that's why I like it. Sometimes comedy should be dangerous. Sometimes comedy should be divisive. Sometimes comedy should piss people off. Not every laugh-fest needs to be delivered to the same widest audience possible funny bone. Observe and Report walks a high-wire of tension and dark, dark humor. Even if you don't think it makes it to the other side, there's something truly remarkable about the attempt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #277 on: March 16, 2010, 02:52:52 PM »
Wow, I'm here to say that I was wrong.  Awful movie.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much Disney and not nearly enough Burton.  Carter was great.  Depp was uncharacteristically unimpressive. 

I would like to see Burton take a mulligan on this one without being handcuffed by the fucking mouse.

i saw this over the weekend with my son.  i agree with wes and townhall...awful movie; however, i have to ask wes about "way" to much disney.  please explain a bit further.

i was raped by regal cinema.  matinee $10.50 per person...regardless of age.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #278 on: March 16, 2010, 02:58:57 PM »
Based on that dudes review, this is what I agree with him about.

Bad Santa...Very Funny

Burn After Reading...In my top 30 of favorite comedies...great!

Observe and Report is a steaming pile of turds that should not be uttered in the same story.  It was not funny.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #279 on: March 16, 2010, 03:03:48 PM »

Observe and Report is a steaming pile of turds that should not be uttered in the same story.  It was not funny.

Better watch out.  Disagreeing with Chad means you're less erudite and unable to logically process.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions