Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tiger Prowl? Seriously?

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Tiger Prowl? Seriously?
« on: April 27, 2009, 01:25:08 PM »
http://www.auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=940246

The Tigers are on the prowl, literally.

The spring evaluation period began April 15 and runs through May 31. Though the period lasts six weeks, coaches are only allowed to be on the road for four.

AuburnSports.com

Luper and the Tigers will concentrate on the state of Alabama this week.
Auburn started this week. And they're making sure everyone knows they're coming.

In what is being termed the "Tiger Prowl", seven Tiger coaches, the most a program can have out at one time, will be cruising the state of Alabama this week in a decked-out Auburn limousine.

"We're prowling," said Auburn recruiting coordinator Curtis Luper. "All seven of us. We are all in a limo with Auburn flags on the windows and Auburn magnets on the doors.

"We all have on our orange. We all have on our Auburn shirts."

Auburn's coaches will begin their in-state tour today in Mobile. Schools that will be visited include Theodore, Blount, Vigor, Williamson and Davidson among others in the area.

Instead of the coaches breaking up and going their separate ways, to their own recruiting regions, Luper said they wanted to remain together.

"We want to concentrate all of our energy in one area at a time," said Luper.

After a tour through Mobile Monday, Auburn will move to the central and southeast regions of the state on Tuesday. Schools expected to be visited include Enterprise, Ariton, Greenville, Troy and then on to the Montgomery area.

AuburnSports.com

Auburn's coaches were riding in style Monday in Mobile.
Wednesday's visits will include stops in Phenix City, Auburn, Opelika, Smiths Station, Millbrook and Prattville among others.

Thursday, the group will end up in Birmingham and visit schools like Hoover, Vestavia, Pelham, Springville and other area schools.

Although seven coaches is the maximum a program can have out at one time, Auburn will interchange some coaches from day to day.

"We'll have seven together everyday," Luper said. "That seven will change depending on the region, but there will be all seven together."

During the evaluation period, coaches are allowed to visit the school to evaluate players, not recruit them. No meetings or talking to recruits is allowed. Nothing more than a "hello" between a college coach and recruit is permissible by NCAA guidelines. The visits are more for coaches to watch a recruit practice, talk to his coach and other school employees.

Auburn will do that, it'll just be a little different from the past. In Luper's words, they'll be "prowling".

You guys have got to be shitting me. Do you know how much yall would be all over us if our coaches were cruising around in a limo in Mobile while recruiting? This shit is hilarious.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 01:30:00 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Tiger Prowl? Seriously?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 01:32:14 PM »
You guys have got to be shitting me. Do you know how much yall would be all over us if our coaches were cruising around in a limo in Mobile while recruiting? This shit is hilarious.

yea gonna have to agree with you there.  <shakes and hangs head in shame>

Everyone knows you gotta be rollin in da Hummer to make a splash wif da kids these days.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 01:34:25 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 01:32:32 PM »
Should we use Jerrell's Charger?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 01:35:09 PM »
runswithscissors fears "The Prowl."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 01:43:51 PM »
runswithscissors fears "The Prowl."
Uh, not the least bit. This simply reeks of desperation, imo. Can you seriously tell me that if Alabama were doing that in Mobile, you guys wouldn't be shouting off of rooftops? You would be out of your mind. I wonder how many recruits will see the inside of that limo.....I mean, why else would you go out recruiting in a limousine? I wonder what other perks these kids are getting from the new staff.....
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 01:45:37 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 01:44:33 PM »
Should we use Jerrell's Charger?
Its funny that you would come up with something imaginary to refute something photographic.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 01:56:06 PM »
Uh, not the least bit. This simply reeks of desperation, imo. Can you seriously tell me that if Alabama were doing that in Mobile, you guys wouldn't be shouting off of rooftops? You would be out of your mind. I wonder how many recruits will see the inside of that limo.....I mean, why else would you go out recruiting in a limousine? I wonder what other perks these kids are getting from the new staff.....

C'mon Gary.  It's not about the sex.  It's about trust.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 01:59:24 PM »
There's strippers in that there Limo.  That should get them to sign.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 02:26:06 PM »
There's strippers in that there Limo.  That should get them to sign.

I'll sign.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 02:28:59 PM »
Yeah, but you guys have....
But, what about the...

Aah...I got nothing.

That thing should at least be rollin' on 24s.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 02:56:46 PM »
I have nothing to say. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Ogre

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 02:58:28 PM »
That limo looks like they're going to the Senior Prom.  We've got the money, we should at least pimp a Ferrari limo:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2009, 03:03:30 PM »
That Ferrari Limo looks extremely uncomfortable, bad ass...but, uncomfortable.

As for the Auburn Prowl......'Bout Damn TIME.  If you wanna be Big Tyme, ya gots ta act Big Tyme.  BALLA!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Widespread Panic

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2009, 03:17:03 PM »
That Ferrari Limo looks extremely uncomfortable, bad ass...but, uncomfortable.

As for the Auburn Prowl......'Bout Damn TIME.  If you wanna be Big Tyme, ya gots ta act Big Tyme.  BALLA!!!!!
I agree with this.  But, I also agree that it looks desperate.  How sad is it that Auburn has to resort to desperation, because of the disaster that is Coach Chizik.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 03:19:04 PM »
Finebaum's having a field day with this. Laughing hysterically (clearly forced).

I don't get the embarrassment. I don't get the joke. I guess I'm a clueless barner...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 03:19:56 PM »
I agree with this.  But, I also agree that it looks desperate.  How sad is it that Auburn has to resort to desperation, because of the disaster that is Coach Chizik.

Another one? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 03:26:36 PM »
Another one? 

Yep.  There's more than one.  You can pretend like it isn't true, but there are lots of people who didn't suck the bitter turd lollipop and pretend it was grape flavored. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 03:27:39 PM »
Finebaum's having a field day with this. Laughing hysterically (clearly forced).

I don't get the embarrassment. I don't get the joke. I guess I'm a clueless barner...

It's not dignified.  It's not class. It's just stupid.  It's ridiculous. 

Auburn looks like a bunch of tools.  Whoever greenlighted it should be fired.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2009, 03:28:25 PM »
So, did Finebaum laugh at the Turd Limo Crusade?  Nope.  But, when Auburn does it, it's all of a sudden something to be made fun of.  Yeah, that makes sense.  I, personally, don't see anything at all wrong with it.  These coaches are going to be putting the "Full Court" effort towards every school that they go to and that will get the kid's attention.  "Party Like a Rockstar" and if you're going to do it....."Do It Big".  A Stretched Hummer/Lincoln Navigator/Comfortable Ferrari/Gremlin would've been cooler, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2009, 03:30:23 PM »
Amazing. You guys would be laughing hysterically at us had our coaches gone on the road in a limo with Alabama stickers all over it. Your savior does it, and its genius. Awesome.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions