Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Doctors sound the Alarm on a certain Flu Virus....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Doctors sound the Alarm on a certain Flu Virus....
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2009, 02:47:38 PM »
*Update on the Swine Flu*

It's been upgraded to a Level 5 out of 6.

All sporting events in Texas have been cancelled until May 11th.

New Movie Premiers have been pushed back, I'm guessing for a couple of weeks too "XMen - Wolverine" and I'm guessing "Star Trek".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2009, 03:15:31 PM »
*Update on the Swine Flu*

It's been upgraded to a Level 5 out of 6.

All sporting events in Texas have been cancelled until May 11th.

New Movie Premiers have been pushed back, I'm guessing for a couple of weeks too "XMen - Wolverine" and I'm guessing "Star Trek".

What about Porky's Revenge?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2009, 08:45:49 PM »
*Update*

All Madison County Schools are closed for 7 days.

Heritage Elementary in Madison, AL. atleast two positive results for a non seasonal strain of the flu, very possibly the swine flu.

http://www.waff.com/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 08:53:16 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 01:01:21 AM »
*Update*

The AHSAA has decided to postpone all scheduled sporting events until a later date.

That goes for all extracurricular activities.

http://www.ahsaa.com/
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 01:06:50 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 09:16:18 AM »
Not that any of you give a shit, but I love Carnival Cruise Lines. Now, instead of a 5 day cruise, they are upgrading it to a 7 day cruise to Key West, Nassau, and Freeport. I can deal with going to Key West if we're going to the Bahamas as well. See you suckers next weekend!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 09:31:18 AM »
Not that any of you give a shit, but I love Carnival Cruise Lines. Now, instead of a 5 day cruise, they are upgrading it to a 7 day cruise to Key West, Nassau, and Freeport. I can deal with going to Key West if we're going to the Bahamas as well. See you suckers next weekend!

Wow.  Have fun with that.  Make sure you hit up the Straw Market in Nassau. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 12:58:22 PM »
I told you not to be pissy.  Who was right?  I was just in Nassau for a week during the month of March.  Got to Atlantis, the straw market, and Senoir Frogs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 02:22:22 PM »
After extensive research I have discovered the "bridge" that explains how this virus went from pig to human.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 02:40:06 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

boartitz

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2009, 03:32:22 PM »

Hog Fan fer sure.
The spouse is in Atlanta for a conference. When she gets back I'm gonna decontaminate her. Then I'm thinking we'll move to the river bottom camp and shoot anyone who comes up the road for the next couple of weeks. Will that work?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 03:43:48 PM »
The spouse is in Atlanta for a conference.

Where she stayin'?  :sex:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2009, 03:45:12 PM »
C'mon Howard, he said conference, not book fair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 03:47:43 PM »
C'mon Howard, he said conference, not book fair.

I like to share.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2009, 03:51:29 PM »
We have an epidemic on our hands
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

boartitz

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2009, 04:47:09 PM »
Hilton close to the airport. You can't hurt it. Buy her dinner and let her write it off.
5' 8" Blonde buxom 135 lbs Arkansas drawl drinking bourbon and water and talking loud about Razorbacks. Get you some if you can handle it.
She's 58 and she don't do the passe shit. Come up with something original.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 04:51:47 PM by boartitz »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2009, 04:54:23 PM »
Hilton close to the airport. You can't hurt it. Buy her dinner and let her write it off.
5' 8" Blonde buxom 135 lbs Arkansas drawl drinking bourbon and water and talking loud about Razorbacks. Get you some if you can handle it.
She's 58 and she don't do the passe shit. Come up with something original.
Try this one Howard, 60% of the time it works 100%.

What's the difference between Jelly and Jam?

I can't jelly my cock down your throat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2009, 04:59:11 PM »
Try this one Howard, 60% of the time it works 100%.

What's the difference between Jelly and Jam?

I can't jelly my cock down your throat.
Goddamn
I pimp my own spouse and you want a queer to hit it? Color me dissapointed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2009, 05:00:43 PM »
Goddamn
I pimp my own spouse and you want a queer to hit it? Color me dissapointed.
I'm sorry, I forgot about Sani's homosexual tendencies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Talon

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2009, 06:33:05 PM »
Looks like we have our first confirmed case of Swine Flu in GA now...about 40 miles from my home.

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/health/stories/2009/04/30/swine_flu_georgia.html

Georgia has its first confirmed case of swine flu

By CRAIG SCHNEIDER

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Thursday, April 30, 2009

The state health chief said Thursday that Georgia has its first case of swine flu — in a 30-year-old woman from Kentucky who was visiting the state.

The woman, whom officials would not identify, is in a hospital in LaGrange in Troup County, said Elizabeth Ford, head of the state Division of Public Health.

“The 30-year-old woman was traveling in Georgia and has a history of traveling to Cancun,” Ford said. Cancun is a resort in Mexico.

She added, “We expect that we will have more cases.”

The CDC also on Thursday reported 10 confirmed cases in South Carolina, bringing the total to more than 100 cases in 13 states.

Swine flu has symptoms nearly identical to regular flu, including fever, cough and sore throat and spreads like regular flu through tiny particles in the air when people cough or sneeze.

People with flu symptoms are advised to stay at home, wash their hands and cover their sneezes.

News that LaGrange had a swine flu case was spreading in the West Georgia town.

“That’s pretty scary,” said Josh Ivey, a student at West Georgia Technical College. “I’m worried. I go to school with about 2,000 people, and you never know who can be sick.”

But Chris Waugh, a software technician in LaGrange, was a lot less nervous.

“In all honesty if I contracted swine flu, I’m confident that with the treatment here in America I’d be OK,” Waugh said. “I’m not worried about a pandemic.”

He acknowledged, however, he might be more concerned if he had children.

Ford said there has been no discussion of closing schools in Troup County.

“I do not believe schools should be closed,” she said.

She said that the Atlanta-based Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has confirmed that the swine flu is the same strain, H1N1, as has been detected in Mexico and which is spreading across the U.S.

She said the Kentucky woman left Cancun on April 21 and was hospitalized April 26. She was in Cancun for about a week.

“She was traveling with others, and they have been contacted, and they are well,” Ford said.

The woman came to Georgia for a function, she said.

Ford added, “I want to make sure we’re not setting off a storm of panic.”

The World Health Organization has raised its alert level to Phase 5, the second-highest, indicating a pandemic may be imminent.

Georgia joins South Carolina, New York, Texas, California, Maine, Kansas, Michigan, Massachusetts, Indiana, Ohio, Arizona and Nevada among states with confirmed cases. The U.S. has had one confirmed death, a 23-month-old boy from Mexico who died in Texas.

— Staff writer Shelia Poole and the Associated Press contributed to this report.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 06:34:10 PM by Talon »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In his first news conference as AUBURN'S head coach in 1981, Pat Dye was asked this question:  "How long will it take you to beat Alabama"?  To which he responded, "Oh, about 60 minutes".

Aubie16

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2009, 07:12:09 PM »

“The 30-year-old woman was traveling in Georgia and has a history of traveling to Cancun,” Ford said. Cancun is a resort in Mexico.

WTF? People are stupid.

Did you hear about that Las Vegas Resort? It's almost as cool as the Orlando Resort!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010