Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Just me or did anybody else feel bad?

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Just me or did anybody else feel bad?
« on: April 12, 2009, 11:05:25 PM »
Hahaha, fuck you Tiger Woods, go sit in the shed. 

I felt bad for Perry, though.  Had it fucking WON.  Awesome shot on 16.  And then his nuts crawled all the way up his throat.  He started thinking about it and choked his ass completely off. 

I hate to see that kind of stuff. 

I felt bad for the guy.  Probably his last chance ever.  And some non-English speaking fuck wins because he chokes it away.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Just me or did anybody else feel bad?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 07:30:02 AM »

I felt bad for Perry, though.  Had it fucking WON.  Awesome shot on 16.  And then his nuts crawled all the way up his throat.  He started thinking about it and choked his ass completely off. 

I felt bad for the guy.  Probably his last chance ever.  And some non-English speaking fuck wins because he chokes it away.

Once again the last few holes live up to expectations. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 07:30:48 AM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 09:58:22 AM »

Agreed. And Perry didn't boogie on any holes through the first 16 and then boogied 3 of the last 4 he played. Major choke job...

Man, Phil was right there. If he doesn't DB on 11...I think he has a shot. He played an UNBELIEVABLE front 9 and played a pretty damn good back....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 10:39:09 AM »
I understand full well the ratings deal and what Tiger Woods means to golf.  But, yesterday was a prime example of why golf is shooting itself in the foot by literally marketing one player exclusively.  Yes, the charge of Tiger and Phil was compelling and I was rooting for a big finish myself.  However, they showed 90% Tiger and Phil while the leaders got the back of the hand.  They were even showing tape delays of Kenny Perry's and Cabrerra's shots because they were too busy showing Tiger and Phil walk the fairways and eating Power Bars.  Every damn time they went to Chad Campbell, it was "This was moments ago". 

The hell with that, I know Tiger is the man and I love watching him play.  But, he got injured last year and the ratings went in the dumper.  Why? Because golf has chosen to bank solely on Tiger Woods as the face of golf.  Steve Flesch birdied 18 to finish at 8 under and make some serious cash right behind the leaders.  He came off the green high fiving and laughing and pumped up.  I think I recall them showing 2 shots from him in the 2 hours I watched.  If you don't market anyone else, you're going to be in serious trouble when something like an injury happens to Tiger. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

JR4AU

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 12:57:00 PM »

Why? Because golf has chosen to bank solely on Tiger Woods as the face of golf....

If you don't market anyone else, you're going to be in serious trouble when something like an injury happens to Tiger. 

Tiger has grown the business of golf.  Simple as that.  I'm not a great business man, but I think I know enough to know that if you have a superstar to invest in, you invest heavily.  Yes ratings were down during Tiger's absense, but I bet if you researched it, you'd find the "down ratings" were still higher than pre-Tiger ratings.  I'm not a devoted golf fan...I generally just watch the majors.  I do like Tiger too, but can also see why some wouldn't.  Part of what I like about him is that he's making history before our very eyes.  He's the Michael Jordan of today. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 03:36:19 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 03:48:28 PM »
Now, THAT'S marketing.  I'm just guessing but I'll bet ratings would increase ooohhh saayyy...257% if we could be guaranteed 3 "Boob Grabs" per round.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."