Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tuberville's Recruiting Legacy and a Realistic Look at 09'

JR4AU

Re: Tuberville's Recruiting Legacy and a Realistic Look at 09'
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2009, 05:16:29 PM »
A large chunk of the comparison is the staff he's assembled. The other chunk is the level of recruits that are at least taking visits, if not describing their visits as "the best experience I ever had"  as the #1 RB in the nation was recently quoted as saying. There's just a sense of enthusiasm that wasn't there in Tuberville's staff at the beginning, nor the end of his tenure. It was there for a window of three or four years that included 04, but not really before or since. And he certainly wasn't lighting the world on fire before a down was ever played under his watch. You can't even use last year's recruiting class as a measuring stick. Those kids had their minds made up by late December. Even the "recruiting God" Saban Almighty had a relatively shitty first class.

Don't misinterpret my statements as shitting on Tubs, either. It's just that people are trying to compare Chizik to Tubs as if Tubs was infallible, and he wasn't.

What you're saying about the job Tubs did early on is contradicted by the 2004 team laden with Sr's that were NFL level players.  The situation he came in to post Bowden is vastly different than what he left Chizik.  There was hardly a D-1 level player on that 1999 team, let alone a good SEC player.  Tubs last classes (that are still on the field) were ranked 13th, 10th, 6th, and 20th. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2009, 05:54:53 PM »
Don't misinterpret my statements as shitting on Tubs, either. It's just that people are trying to compare Chizik to Tubs as if Tubs was infallible, and he wasn't.
Holy. Shit. You guys never would have entertained that notion 2-3 years ago. All we could hear in 2007 was how CTT was unstoppable, and nobody could compare to his greatness. Funny how things change so quickly....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2009, 05:57:16 PM »
What you're saying about the job Tubs did early on is contradicted by the 2004 team laden with Sr's that were NFL level players.  The situation he came in to post Bowden is vastly different than what he left Chizik.  There was hardly a D-1 level player on that 1999 team, let alone a good SEC player.  Tubs last classes (that are still on the field) were ranked 13th, 10th, 6th, and 20th. 
Plus, recruiting is a very....very different animal than 10+ years ago. Shit, it seems like it is worlds apart from 5 years ago for that matter.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #63 on: April 13, 2009, 06:03:47 PM »
Holy. Shit. You guys never would have entertained that notion 2-3 years ago. All we could hear in 2007 was how CTT was unstoppable, and nobody could compare to his greatness. Funny how things change so quickly....

There you go with that brush again.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #64 on: April 13, 2009, 06:03:52 PM »
Plus, recruiting is a very....very different animal than 10+ years ago. Shit, it seems like it is worlds apart from 5 years ago for that matter.

No shit. All the loop holes you have to find, the rules you have to bend, and coming up with new ways to launder money makes things tough nowadays...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2009, 06:08:51 PM »
There you go with that brush again.....
Sad thing is, it would have accurately painted ALOT of folks. In all fairness, alot of our fans made AU fans feel as if they had to defend CTT after the hiring of CNS. In reality, you guys had nothing to be ashamed of in CTT. Hiring CNS simply put us on level ground or slightly ahead. The "slightly ahead" could be contributed to CTT being worn out, who knows. He wasn't a bad coach at all. 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 06:13:17 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2009, 06:15:37 PM »
Hyperbole aside, 2008 was the first year in a long time that Tubs didn't appear to be getting it done.

And the main point of my post was obviously missed. If you're going to compare him to Tubs, use the same timeframe. I'd say so far Chizik has exceeded the expectations set for him far more than Tubs had by month four.

And I disagree with this:
The situation he came in to post Bowden is vastly different than what he left Chizik
No depth, no apparent QB, no standout playmakers. How are you going to act as if Tubs set Chizik up for success and he's not living up to potential?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2009, 06:54:59 PM »
Yall better hope Chizik is successful. If he's not, yall have a history of raiding Ole Miss for an Arkansas born coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2009, 07:05:32 PM »
A large chunk of the comparison is the staff he's assembled. The other chunk is the level of recruits that are at least taking visits, if not describing their visits as "the best experience I ever had"  as the #1 RB in the nation was recently quoted as saying. There's just a sense of enthusiasm that wasn't there in Tuberville's staff at the beginning, nor the end of his tenure. It was there for a window of three or four years that included 04, but not really before or since. And he certainly wasn't lighting the world on fire before a down was ever played under his watch. You can't even use last year's recruiting class as a measuring stick. Those kids had their minds made up by late December. Even the "recruiting God" Saban Almighty had a relatively shitty first class.

Why are you making apologies for chizik already? Tubs was not infallible but he is worlds away a better head coach than chizik will ever be. 2 years as a head coach anywhere shows that the program was going downhill in a hurry under his tenure.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2009, 05:28:33 AM »
Ridiculous.

Did Chizik ever sign a top ten class?  Ever recruit four first rounders in two classes?

Pathetic that some of you are reduced to jerking your puny manmeat raw over a fucking unofficial VISIT and then can't resist taking drizzle shots at Tuberville as you do.

I guess Auburn fandom is being redefined to more closely resemble the shallow ignorance of the Bama faithful.  
Your just mad because were wasting our time in Texas :fu:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2009, 09:00:58 AM »

you must know of AU fans that I don't then, lots of AU fans I am familiar with didn't even like him that much after 2004, now I can believe some of you bammers believed he couldn't be stopped after you dropped 6 in a row to his teams. We don't need you "people" to tear us down we do it ourselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Peace, Love and God Bless Auburn!

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2009, 09:04:31 AM »

lots of AU fans I am familiar with didn't even like him that much after 2004,

I will attest to this.  The Warden couldn't stand him and neither could the GF's father. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2009, 09:42:50 AM »
Yall better hope Chizik is successful. If he's not, yall have a history of raiding Ole Miss for an Arkansas born coach.

If this comes to pass, there will be blood.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

JR4AU

« Reply #73 on: April 14, 2009, 10:03:07 AM »
And I disagree with this:No depth, no apparent QB, no standout playmakers. How are you going to act as if Tubs set Chizik up for success and he's not living up to potential?

The only valid comparison is no apparent QB.  Tubs didn't leave the cupboard bare, and if you pay attention that's apparent.  Chizik can't be living or not living up to potential until he coaches the first game.  Until then, it's all just speculation.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #74 on: April 14, 2009, 05:13:56 PM »
The only valid comparison is no apparent QB.  Tubs didn't leave the cupboard bare, and if you pay attention that's apparent.  Chizik can't be living or not living up to potential until he coaches the first game.  Until then, it's all just speculation.
So how many games does he have to piss away before you staert making excuses for him?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #75 on: April 14, 2009, 05:44:32 PM »
So how many games does he have to piss away before you staert making excuses for him?

If you'd quit running around with your fingers in your ears yelling "Chiz Sucks" you'd clearly see that I'm saying he has the talent to win in 2009, and should.  But, as would be expected, you're just a fucking moron...still!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

« Reply #76 on: April 14, 2009, 05:52:45 PM »
I agree he has the talent. But in the SEC you have to have the coaching and we do not have it. I have never bad mouthed an Auburn player on this board except for Eric Ramsey (I hold all involved accountable for that shit storm)
I only want what is best for Auburn.
I refuse to accept scraps and throw away coaches and I damn sure refuse to budge and act as though they are welcome.
You want to see a true Auburn man?? Then you want to see me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #77 on: April 14, 2009, 05:56:35 PM »
I agree he has the talent. But in the SEC you have to have the coaching and we do not have it. I have never bad mouthed an Auburn player on this board except for Eric Ramsey (I hold all involved accountable for that shit storm)
I only want what is best for Auburn.
I refuse to accept scraps and throw away coaches and I damn sure refuse to budge and act as though they are welcome.
You want to see a true Auburn man?? Then you want to see me.

Nope, Auburn men and women don't treat the rest of the Auburn family like you do.  You're a tool of the highest order.  Oh, I live near Tuscaloosa, can we meet and let get my picture made with you, the biggest fucking asshole on the face of the planet?  I can blow it up and caption it "Greaseyweasel, lives among the bammers, and manages to make them appealing"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2009, 06:09:34 PM »
I don't think yall will be "there" this year. Maybe, but I don't think so.
I also think yall will be fun to watch and will win a couple of games that most folks assume are automatic losses. Parity is back in the SEC, damn what little Nicky and Urban think.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2009, 06:11:30 PM »
throw away coaches
Name the "throw away" coaches, greaseybammer #1....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs