Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Eltoro Freeman

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Eltoro Freeman
« on: March 29, 2009, 11:52:22 PM »
made a rant after practice today, and I think it sums up a lot of the things I feel about Auburn.  This is why I love Eltoro...

LB Eltoro Freeman went on a memorable rant about why he signed with Auburn last year. He said one bad season wasn't enough to erode his respect after all the support Auburn had shown him through the years. It reads better in quote form. I'm working on it.

"When I signed with Auburn University in 2007, I didn't sign with coaches. Tuberville wasn't on my scholarship, Coach Willis wasn't on my scholarship. Auburn University was on my scholarship. So when I didn't qualify, Auburn, they didn't drop me, they still kept in contact, they still kept on encouraging me. When Auburn had a down season, I sat back and thought about that, they were with me when I was down, so I decided to stick with them when they were down. Plus, it's a great place. I wouldn't want to be nowhere else."

Recognition goes to Jay Tate for posting the quote.   

http://jaygtate.blogspot.com/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Eltoro Freeman
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 08:05:19 AM »
I may let him have his way with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 08:57:11 AM »
I may let him have his way with you.

I don't thin you would have much choice in the matter...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 09:00:00 AM »
Well there goes another towel into the hamper....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 09:51:44 AM »
There is also a video up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 02:58:16 PM »
There is no fucking way Tate runs a 4.4/40.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Aubie16

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2009, 07:21:32 PM »
Not sure anybody has ever been banned from here. But can we please start with this idiot? This is the second post like this from him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Ogre

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2009, 08:13:41 PM »
Not sure anybody has ever been banned from here. But can we please start with this idiot? This is the second post like this from him.

I deleted his post as well as Argo's that quoted it.  No offense to Argo.

We tolerate a lot of shit, but not that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2009, 08:44:57 PM »
I deleted his post as well as Argo's that quoted it.  No offense to Argo.

We tolerate a lot of shit, but not that. 

No offense taken. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2009, 12:03:31 AM »
What post?  What the hell?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2009, 01:24:03 AM »
Censorship?  What the hell is going on around here?  Did someone have a video of Coach Chizik fisting greasey's dog or something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2009, 01:34:42 AM »
Censorship?  What the hell is going on around here?  Did someone have a video of Coach Chizik fisting greasey's dog or something?
There is no forum for rasicm.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2009, 01:47:13 AM »
What post?  What the hell?
The N bomb was being dropped by some random 2nd post douchebag.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2009, 02:02:42 AM »
The guy was calling Eltoro that?  What the hell, man.  Was he posing as an Auburn fan? or uat fan?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2009, 05:54:11 AM »

What's everyone's big problem with nachos?  I'll admit, it's a strange thing to call someone but those things are awesome with beer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2009, 09:00:23 AM »
What's everyone's big problem with nachos?  I'll admit, it's a strange thing to call someone but those things are awesome with beer.
The don't go well with necrophilia.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2009, 09:18:05 AM »
Both of his posts contained the word.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2009, 09:20:15 AM »
There's pretty much only one rule that sticks here, and he chose to break it twice in his first two posts.  So, fuck him, and his Klan.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2009, 09:26:17 AM »

Why do you hate Mexicans?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2009, 11:03:27 AM »
Anyway...
http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2009/04/_eltoro_freeman_has_already.html
Eltoro Freeman has already changed positions -- slightly -- and he's happy about it.
Todd Van Emst/Auburn
The much-talked-about player from Alexander City, via a junior college, has moved from strong-side linebacker to weak-side linebacker, a position he likes because he says it allows him to attack ball carriers.

He said defensive coordinator Ted Roof suggested the move.

``One day Coach Roof gave me a couple reps at Will linebacker and he liked the way I was playing, so he was like 'OK, Toro, this the fit for you,''' Freeman said. ``So then I went on in the starting rotation.''

Here's more about that and more notes from Sunday's practice (and practice video, plus comments from Eltoro Freeman and Ted Roof):

Freeman said he did well in Saturday's scrimmage, but ``there's still more room for improvement. But I feel like I did well and Coach Roof told me I did well also. Today I got even better. Every day, I just get better and better and better, so that's good.''

Roof stopped short of saying the move was permanent.

``We're certainly just experimenting because right now is the time of year where if you're going to look at some people at some different positions,'' Roof said. ``We're always looking to figure a way to get our best 11 out there and trying to put the pieces in the right places and that's what we're trying to do.''

**Marcus Jemison, who suffered a broken leg in fall practice last season, has moved from safety to linebacker.

``We're looking for some depth at that position and we're taking a look at him there,'' Roof said. ``You look at his body, the big safety type, which is what you want out there playing to the field. We're taking a peek at him.''

Jemison says he weighs 202, but needs to get to 220-225.

**Mario Fannin returned to practice, playing with the slot receivers. Wide receiver Montez Billings did not dress out.

**Defensive end Antoine Carter suffered an apparent leg injury. An Auburn official said Carter is day-to-day.

**Offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn didn't reveal too much after watching tape of Saturday's scrimmage. He said there still isn't much separation between quarterbacks Kodi Burns and Neil Caudle, and Barrett Trotter.

``Each one of them had a play or two where you go, `Wow, that's what
we're looking for.' But at the same time, there were a couple of mental busts; a couple of physical reads that weren't what we wanted,'' Malzahn said. ``But they bounced back today, and they corrected the things we talked about.''

**Malzahn said he's going to stick with a base offense through the rest of spring practice.

``After they get that down, we'll start getting to the other stuff,'' Malzahn said.

**Just like Saturday's scrimmage, the quarterbacks were live targets in Sunday's practice.

``I think that's the way you can evaluate the quickest. We're going to find out
what's inside of them and how they compete,'' Malzahn said.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions