Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

This Ought to Make the Libertarians Happy

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: This Ought to Make the Libertarians Happy
« Reply #220 on: August 06, 2014, 09:07:04 AM »
No.  I was asking.  I figured someone who beats the benefits of pot drum as much as you do would have that.

I personally like looking at multiple sets of data whether it supports what I think or not.  That's how new learning takes place, but since you seem to feel threatened by my asking we can just make the blanket statement that pot makes it safer to drive.

Correlation is not causation, but since Washington is the only other state who has it legalized I thought that would be a good contrast and compare item.  I mean surely someone who is bringing up quotes from 5 years ago would like to look deeply at the subject matter?

Can you anti Pot folks tell me one negative thing it does that Alcohol, Cigarettes or Prescriptions drugs DOESN'T do? We know if you drink hard liquor and drive its a bad thing. We know if you smoke cigarettes and don't stop, youre more than likely gonna die because of it. And a horrible death at that. And how many people have died from Scripts? Seems to be the prefered choice for celebrities to off themselves. Nevermind the side effects they have that they OPENLY admit in their disclaimers.

All 3 things though - legal.

We're going to look back on this one day and see how ridicilous it was that we were even debating it, just like prohibition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #221 on: August 06, 2014, 09:18:42 AM »
Can you anti Pot folks tell me one negative thing it does that Alcohol, Cigarettes or Prescriptions drugs DOESN'T do? We know if you drink hard liquor and drive its a bad thing. We know if you smoke cigarettes and don't stop, youre more than likely gonna die because of it. And a horrible death at that. And how many people have died from Scripts? Seems to be the prefered choice for celebrities to off themselves. Nevermind the side effects they have that they OPENLY admit in their disclaimers.

We're going to look back on this one day and see how ridicilous it was that we were even debating it, just like prohibition.

Well understand firstly that I am not anti pot.  I think it is a joke that it is illegal.  But that was not what was brought up.  What was brought up was that the roads are safer in Colorado since pot has been legalized.  The numbers are irrefutable.  What is refutable is whether or not pot is the cause for that decline?  Hence why I asked for data from the other legalized state.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #222 on: August 06, 2014, 09:40:27 AM »
Well understand firstly that I am not anti pot.  I think it is a joke that it is illegal.  But that was not what was brought up.  What was brought up was that the roads are safer in Colorado since pot has been legalized.  The numbers are irrefutable.  What is refutable is whether or not pot is the cause for that decline?  Hence why I asked for data from the other legalized state.

understood. Fair enough...

I guess my response should have been more directed at GarMan who I am pretty sure is anti legalization (but controlled) and points out all the negatives of it (alleged anyway) even though the same negatives (and worse) exist for things today that are perfectly legal and accepted. I had no idea that the rule for something being legal was that it had to be perfectly safe. Its a slippery slope to start banning things such as BBQ, McDonalds, Swimming Pools, Diet Coke, Advil, etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #223 on: August 06, 2014, 10:57:03 AM »
No.  I was asking.  I figured someone who beats the benefits of pot drum as much as you do would have that.

I personally like looking at multiple sets of data whether it supports what I think or not.  That's how new learning takes place, but since you seem to feel threatened by my asking we can just make the blanket statement that pot makes it safer to drive.

Correlation is not causation, but since Washington is the only other state who has it legalized I thought that would be a good contrast and compare item.  I mean surely someone who is bringing up quotes from 5 years ago would like to look deeply at the subject matter?
Tweet that mofo down Sani. Tweet his ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #224 on: August 06, 2014, 11:20:27 AM »
Numbers must confuse you too.  A million bucks must seem like a lot of money when compared to the financial influence of a janitor or school teacher, but the exaggerations by the pro-pot crowd are fantasies.  Now, let's talk about insignificance.  A state with an annual budget of over $30 billion receives a whopping $2 million in taxes on recreational marijuana sales...  But hey, let's take their $3.5 million stretch by including medical sales and other related fees.  Now, compare it to their $30 billion budget, and it's still insignificant.  We're talking about 1-1.5%.  Yeah...  I'm pointing and laughing... 

You leave out the gazillions saved by not arresting, prosecuting, and housing marijuana offenders....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #225 on: August 06, 2014, 11:32:59 AM »
You leave out the gazillions saved by not arresting, prosecuting, and housing marijuana offenders....

Gazillions?  Pffffft...a drop in the bucket compared to Skwadrillions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #226 on: August 07, 2014, 05:52:40 AM »
Not sure if already posted, because I didn't sift through all the posts, but I LOVE when people bring up the "only losers, lazy, poor people smoke Marjiuana"...all I have to say to that is three names Ted Turner, Steve Jobs & Bill Gates

I also love the "we don't know the long term effects of Marjiuana"...to which I say Marjiuana has been used, in different forms, for THOUSANDS of years, it's a plant that was here before mankind walked the Earth and as long as the big tobacco companies don't get a hold of it, then it won't have around 20 different types of carcinogens added...also, Willie Nelson has been smoking Marijuana for 50+ YEARS.

As for scientific study, our Government owns patents on the Marjiuana plant, patents that include it's medical benefits and our Government also owns the only Marijuana Facility in the Country (Oxford, MS...Ole Miss' campus) in which they've been giving Marjiuana to certain patients since the late 70s-early 80s (namely a guy in Florida with a rare bone cancer, gets 300 pre-rolled Marjiuana joints every 25 days and he's been receiving them since 1982...he's still alive today, 32 years later)

Just saying, legalize it, tax it, educate people (note: not with fucking scare tactics like reefer madness or yellow journalism) & take it out of the hands of the drug dealers...because people just like me have a lot of pain, just to get out of bed due to ruined joints from arthritis &/or gout (btw, THC has 7 different types of anti-inflammatories in it).

#DropsMic
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

GH2001

« Reply #227 on: August 07, 2014, 09:03:07 AM »
Not sure if already posted, because I didn't sift through all the posts, but I LOVE when people bring up the "only losers, lazy, poor people smoke Marjiuana"...all I have to say to that is three names Ted Turner, Steve Jobs & Bill Gates

I also love the "we don't know the long term effects of Marjiuana"...to which I say Marjiuana has been used, in different forms, for THOUSANDS of years, it's a plant that was here before mankind walked the Earth and as long as the big tobacco companies don't get a hold of it, then it won't have around 20 different types of carcinogens added...also, Willie Nelson has been smoking Marijuana for 50+ YEARS.

As for scientific study, our Government owns patents on the Marjiuana plant, patents that include it's medical benefits and our Government also owns the only Marijuana Facility in the Country (Oxford, MS...Ole Miss' campus) in which they've been giving Marjiuana to certain patients since the late 70s-early 80s (namely a guy in Florida with a rare bone cancer, gets 300 pre-rolled Marjiuana joints every 25 days and he's been receiving them since 1982...he's still alive today, 32 years later)

Just saying, legalize it, tax it, educate people (note: not with fucking scare tactics like reefer madness or yellow journalism) & take it out of the hands of the drug dealers...because people just like me have a lot of pain, just to get out of bed due to ruined joints from arthritis &/or gout (btw, THC has 7 different types of anti-inflammatories in it).

#DropsMic

Troof.

No more dangerous than the other three I mentioned. More than likely LESS dangerous. Look at how many people cigarettes, drunk drivers and prescription drugs have killed. Death by pot? You don't hear that often. Besides, like you said it actually has some medicinal properites that could actually help people.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #228 on: August 07, 2014, 09:20:41 AM »
From a medical perspective, it does have many uses.

You wanna know one of the real reasons, it cannot be regulated in your back yard.

If its legal and I only want to smoke some every now and then, I can grow my own. And they will never know. Therefore, they cannot tax it.

This would be an awesome option for many Americans who cannot afford medicine, but can grow a plant, dry the leaves, and store it up for themselves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #229 on: August 07, 2014, 09:54:13 AM »

I've never been drunk enough to hallucinate. 

I have been so high that I was concerned that I was so flat that if I stood up I would blow over like a cardboard cutout.  I have been so high that I saw words in the air around my 3D television.  And I don't have a 3D television. 

I could operate a car to a certain extent if I were buzzed.  I don't, but I could.  I could not operate a vehicle if I were more than just a little high.  Don't know how it affects other people, but reality bends for me when I get high.  That doesn't happen with booze. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #230 on: August 07, 2014, 10:14:59 AM »

I have been so high that I was concerned that I was so flat that if I stood up I would blow over like a cardboard cutout.  I have been so high that I saw words in the air around my 3D television.  And I don't have a 3D television. 

I could operate a car to a certain extent if I were buzzed.  I don't, but I could.  I could not operate a vehicle if I were more than just a little high.  Don't know how it affects other people, but reality bends for me when I get high.  That doesn't happen with booze.

Wow... where do you get your weed Mr. Cheezle?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #231 on: August 07, 2014, 10:19:24 AM »

Ive been drunk enough to where I had no business behing behind the wheel of a 2 ton piece of metal going 60 mph. If I had, bad things would have likely happened.

And you know if you got that high and tried to drive, that would be regulated right? Just like drinking. High and can't walk a straight line? Equivelant to a DUI. Thats why we say regulate and tax it just like any other substance.

Also wondering what pot you got a hold of to make you hallucinate that badly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #232 on: August 07, 2014, 10:35:50 AM »
I think I might have the wherewithal not to drive over-baked but l would not be able to make a conscious decision not to drive pickled.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #233 on: August 07, 2014, 10:37:26 AM »
Who's threatened? You derived that from a two word, five letter sentence?

I asked if you had data that conflicted with this data.

If that's the only data out there since legalization, that's the data I'm going to use.

GarMan & Tarheel were positive that legalizing marijuana would cause chaos in the streets and mass graves. They said it would undoubtedly cause more DUIs. Since there are no known cases of direct marijuana related deaths, and I presented that fact, the conversation switched to the "obvious fact" that driving stoned would be out of control and DUI deaths would skyrocket.

That has been proven not only factually inaccurate, but the exact opposite is true. As I said would be the case.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #234 on: August 07, 2014, 10:45:11 AM »

First of all, that wasn't pot. That wasn't exclusively pot. Someone mixed some shit into your bud before you got it.

There are no hallucinogenic effects of marijuana. There just aren't. Not saying it can't fuck you up royally, but you can't see the shit you claim to have seen purely from a THC high.

So guess what? If it were legal, it would be regulated and you would have nutrition facts on the label and you would know exactly what was going into your weed, the exact strength, etc. so you wouldn't be surprised by what some dealer slipped in.

Also, as GH2001 said, this is completely irrelevant to the discussion as driving high is still illegal and driving AS drunk as you claim to have been high would be unquestionably a bad choice as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #235 on: August 07, 2014, 10:46:59 AM »
Wow... where do you get your weed Mr. Cheezle?

Mister Nice-Guy
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #236 on: August 07, 2014, 10:56:26 AM »
I've been so high that I spoke Latin. I've been so drunk that I threw my hat down and it went up. As a matter of fact I took me a couple of snorts this morning. I will whip any motherfucker in here right now that has something to say about it. I do not have a problem
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #237 on: August 07, 2014, 10:59:27 AM »
Who's threatened? You derived that from a two word, five letter sentence?

I asked if you had data that conflicted with this data.

I'm sure that's why it was asked.  Because you thought I may have the data on it.
Righhhhhhhhhhhht.  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #238 on: August 07, 2014, 11:31:31 AM »
I've been so high that I spoke Latin. I've been so drunk that I threw my hat down and it went up. As a matter of fact I took me a couple of snorts this morning. I will whip any motherfucker in here right now that has something to say about it. I do not have a problem

Define "whip".

You may send VV mixed signals. After all, tomorrow is Friday.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #239 on: August 07, 2014, 11:39:47 AM »
Define "whip".

You may send VV mixed signals. After all, tomorrow is Friday.

Never mind him. He used be in the Dazz Band!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions