Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

This Ought to Make the Libertarians Happy

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: This Ought to Make the Libertarians Happy
« Reply #300 on: August 12, 2014, 05:15:44 PM »
The reason Alcohol isn't illegal anymore is because it serves no threat to the paper, oil, plastic or pharmaceutical industries. It helps the pharmaceutical & the rehab industries...same is said for the Tobacco industries.

Hemp & the species of Cannabis plants on the other hand? That's a threat to ALL of those industries if the US would decide to grow it again, instead of importing it from China.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #302 on: September 22, 2014, 11:34:27 AM »
This is a power move right here:
http://theconcourse.deadspin.com/fuck-it-tv-reporter-quits-on-air-to-fight-for-mariju-1637568743

She needs an invitation to the X, stat.  This is the kind of no nonsense reporting and delivery that we could use a bit of around here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #303 on: September 22, 2014, 12:28:03 PM »
Regarding my status here on the x, fuck it. I quit. J/k. This place would cave in if that happened though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #304 on: October 07, 2014, 11:53:40 AM »
This thread needs another bump.  This ought to stir to "pot"...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2783111/The-terrible-truth-cannabis-Expert-s-devastating-20-year-study-finally-demolishes-claims-smoking-pot-harmless.html

The terrible truth about cannabis: Expert's devastating 20-year study finally demolishes claims that smoking pot is harmless

One in six teenagers who regularly smoke the drug become dependent
It doubles risk of developing psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia
Heavy use in adolescence appears to impair intellectual development
Driving after smoking cannabis doubles risk of having a car crash
Study's author said: 'If cannabis is not addictive then neither is heroin'
The drug is currently legal in two states - Washington and Colorado
A further 21 states have allowed it to be used for medicinal purposes 
Obama said earlier this year cannabis is not as dangerous as alcohol 

By BEN SPENCER, SCIENCE REPORTER FOR THE DAILY MAIL and WILLS ROBINSON FOR MAILONLINE
PUBLISHED: 22:40 EST, 6 October 2014 | UPDATED: 08:14 EST, 7 October 2014

Personally, I'd still like to see everything legalized as long as we did away with all safety nets and deadbeat subsidies.  Darwin would have this mess sorted out in a couple of decades...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #305 on: October 07, 2014, 12:06:08 PM »
This thread needs another bump.  This ought to stir to "pot"...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2783111/The-terrible-truth-cannabis-Expert-s-devastating-20-year-study-finally-demolishes-claims-smoking-pot-harmless.html

Personally, I'd still like to see everything legalized as long as we did away with all safety nets and deadbeat subsidies.  Darwin would have this mess sorted out in a couple of decades...

Was going to say....you could insert the word "alcohol" where cannibas is in that article and it wouldn't be any less true. Same with some other legal things. Ive never said it can't be dangerous. My main argument is it isn't a good reason to not have it legal since there are other things legal today that are also dangerous. Its hypocrisy and there is no other way to spin it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GarMan

« Reply #306 on: October 07, 2014, 12:12:24 PM »
Was going to say....you could insert the word "alcohol" where cannibas is in that article and it wouldn't be any less true. Same with some other legal things. Ive never said it can't be dangerous. My main argument is it isn't a good reason to not have it legal since there are other things legal today that are also dangerous. Its hypocrisy and there is no other way to spin it.

I suppose that you could even make the same claims about water too, but I think most of us would recognize the differences. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #307 on: October 07, 2014, 12:18:52 PM »
I suppose that you could even make the same claims about water too, but I think most of us would recognize the differences.

Maybe. But he is right. The only reason MJ is illegal is for political reasons. I shudder to think of the money we, as a society, have pissed away incarcerating for MJ possession. And the lives that did NOT save.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #308 on: October 07, 2014, 12:26:35 PM »

Something being dangerous to someone in and of itself isn't a good reason to criminalize it. Thaz all I is saying'. The same dangerous consequences of Pot can also be found in Valium and Hard Liquor. Same consequences and effects are the key part of that. Sure I could drown in water or get electrocuted in it, but it won't run me into a ditch or into another car head on. Those others COULD and HAVE.  How many celebs have died from OD's on scripts or how many people have died from someone driving drunk?  A LOT.

You could argue none of them should be legal based off the fact that it can have a serious effect on others. But then you go down a slippery slope. And that usually only happens when the user of any of them has made a poor choice on how they used it. It causing a detrimental effect IS illegal though - Assault, DUI, Accident. They could probably do the same with pot - make the pothead walk a straight line, run a test on them, etc. Just like anything else I suppose - all in how it is used and timing.

I think the big picture a lot of folks miss is that the moral argument is such a red herring. Forces unseen are behind a lot of the "keep pot illegal" rhetoric and pay a lot of money for it to be seen. hint hint - big pharma and tobacco companies. And they prey right off evangelicals and conservatives in the Bible Belt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GarMan

« Reply #309 on: October 07, 2014, 02:00:08 PM »
Let's just get serious and legalize everything.  This pussy-footing around trying to compare pot to <fill-in-the-blank> is silly.  Why does government even have a say in this?  And, I don't even think there's a moral argument to this anymore.  Put some reasonable regulations on this stuff, and let the little people do what they want as long as it doesn't impact anyone else.  But, if you fuck up and make a mess, you better be ready to deal with the consequences.  I'm willing to bet that's the concern that has most people uptight. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #310 on: October 07, 2014, 02:05:03 PM »
Let's just get serious and legalize everything.  This pussy-footing around trying to compare pot to <fill-in-the-blank> is silly.  Why does government even have a say in this?  And, I don't even think there's a moral argument to this anymore.  Put some reasonable regulations on this stuff, and let the little people do what they want as long as it doesn't impact anyone else.  But, if you fuck up and make a mess, you better be ready to deal with the consequences.  I'm willing to bet that's the concern that has most people uptight.

Yep..

Agree 100%. I don't think most had in mind a "free for all" pot fest with no rules. But the anti pot pushers have pushed that the idea is just that.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 09:06:22 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #311 on: October 07, 2014, 09:05:30 PM »
. . . let the little people do what they want as long as it doesn't impact anyone else.

Wes and I always do whatever the fuck we want, even if it impacts others.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #312 on: October 07, 2014, 10:29:52 PM »
Wes and I always do whatever the fuck we want, even if it impacts others.

Whoa, there, bud. Wes is out of your league. :cool:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #313 on: October 07, 2014, 10:51:00 PM »
Whoa, there, bud. Wes is out of your league. :cool:

His rectum disagrees.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin