Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

June 12, 2007

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
June 12, 2007
« on: September 11, 2014, 12:32:22 PM »
George Bush quotes from a White House briefing on that date.

"To begin withdrawing before our commanders tell us we are ready would be dangerous for Iraq, for the region and for the United States,” Bush cautioned.

He then ticked off a string of predictions about what would happen if the U.S. left too early.

“It would mean surrendering the future of Iraq to Al Qaeda.

“It would mean that we’d be risking mass killings on a horrific scale.

“It would mean we allow the terrorists to establish a safe haven in Iraq to replace the one they lost in Afghanistan. 

“It would mean we’d be increasing the probability that American troops would have to return at some later date to confront an enemy that is even more dangerous.”

Don't get me wrong.  I am so not a fan of the amount of military involvement we have around the world and to some extent, understand why so many hate us.  But whether it's Bush sending troops or Obama making the decisions, give the men and women doing the fighting the means to get the job done and the freedom to get it done the way it's supposed to be.  Trust the Generals and other military leaders who know what's really going on and understand what needs to be....what has to be done to achieve the objective and give them the decision making authority to handle their business.

Just some ramblings on 9-11   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
Re: June 12, 2007
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 12:48:52 PM »
This is (ISIS) what happens when you end a war politically instead of winning it militarily
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 01:03:26 PM »
Withdrawing from a conflict incorrectly and PUBLICALLY announcing the milestones, creates a vaccum that someone worse will probably fill. And that is what has happened.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2014, 04:01:45 PM »
Withdrawing from a conflict incorrectly and PUBLICALLY announcing the milestones, creates a vaccum that someone worse will probably fill. And that is what has happened.
^^^This.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Vandy Vol

• Bitches ain't shit but hos and tricks.
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 08:18:56 PM »
George Bush quotes from a White House briefing on that date.

"To begin withdrawing before our commanders tell us we are ready would be dangerous for Iraq, for the region and for the United States,” Bush cautioned.

He then ticked off a string of predictions about what would happen if the U.S. left too early.

“It would mean surrendering the future of Iraq to Al Qaeda.

“It would mean that we’d be risking mass killings on a horrific scale.

“It would mean we allow the terrorists to establish a safe haven in Iraq to replace the one they lost in Afghanistan. 

“It would mean we’d be increasing the probability that American troops would have to return at some later date to confront an enemy that is even more dangerous.”

But we had a successful surge in 2008, allowing us to safely withdraw our troops...right?  I mean...right?  Prophecy and all...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on." - Dean Martin

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 01:43:10 PM »
But we had a successful surge in 2008, allowing us to safely withdraw our troops...right?  I mean...right?  Prophecy and all...

Actually, the "troop surge" wasn't in 2008.  Just sayin'...   
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 01:46:16 PM by GarMan »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand