Auburn Starts SEC Play in Knoxville

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Auburn Starts SEC Play in Knoxville
« on: March 13, 2009, 09:45:13 AM »
Auburn Travels To Knoxville To Open SEC Baseball Season
Tigers are on a nine-game winning streak

March 12, 2009

The 11-4 Auburn baseball team will put its nine-game winning streak to the test this weekend as it travels to Knoxville, Tenn., to open up the Southeastern Conference portion of its schedule against the 7-6 Tennessee Volunteers. Auburn will be in search of its first conference-opening series victory since the 2002 season.

"Going into Knoxville and playing a much improved Tennessee team will be a challenge" Auburn Head Coach John Pawlowski said. "(Tennessee Head Coach) Todd Raleigh does a great job and from the way it looks they have improved in a lot of areas. Friday is one that our club is definitely looking forward to."

Auburn enters the series with the second-most home runs in the nation with 33 and two of the Tigers, sophomore outfielder Trent Mummey and junior infielder Joseph Sanders, rank among the nation's top home run hitters with eight and seven, respectively.

Mummey also brings a career-best 14-game hitting streak into the series and leads the nation with 30 runs scored per game.

Auburn will send sophomore lefty Grant Dayton (1-1, 3.57) to the hill on Friday and redshirt-freshman Jon Luke Jacobs (1-0, 3.52) to the mound on Saturday. Tennessee is set to counter with junior lefty Nick Hernandez (1-0. 4.40) on Friday and junior right hander Stephen McCray (2-0, 3.21) on Saturday. Neither team has decided on a Sunday starter.

Auburn Tigers (11-4, 0-0 SEC) at Tennessee Volunteers (7-6, 0-0 SEC)
Friday, March 13 - Sunday, March 15 • Lindsey Nelson Stadium • Knoxville, Tenn.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."