Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Weird

Weird
« on: March 10, 2009, 11:31:01 AM »
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20090310/SPORTS0402/903100320/1002/sports

I probably wouldn't have wanted a news story printed about this, if I were this kid
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Weird
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 11:36:38 AM »
I remember bammer canning a cheerleader that was a former Auburn cheerleader and actually gave a War Eagle in his bammer uniform on national television.  This seems like a similar offense to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Six

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 02:55:57 PM »
I remember bammer canning a cheerleader that was a former Auburn cheerleader and actually gave a War Eagle in his bammer uniform on national television.  This seems like a similar offense to me.
Except we need pitching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 06:11:07 PM »
Except we need pitching.

And Joseph Sanders helps our pitching problem how?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 09:29:59 PM »

Mrs. Sanders' boy throws a mean dip curve in batting practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Tiger Six

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 10:56:02 PM »

I was remembering the picture and not the words...

I should have said...

"Except we need another power hitting infielder."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 11:20:52 PM »
I would like to know why apparently his favorite school did not offer him a baseball scholly? I mean, if he lives and breathes UAT football and is still that loyal to them after AU gave him a chance to play Div-1 college baseball, then you would have thought if UAT offered a scholly, he would have went there without hesitation. His bio states he was the 2006 5A state player of the year, several All-State teams, Baseball America Top 300 high school players, so you would think UAT would have been pursuing him also. If UAT offered him a spot, did we offer a degree that UAT did not and that is why he came to Auburn? Otherwise you have to wonder if the school he likes told him he was not good enough for them and did not offer him a scholarship.

The article never tells us why he is playing at Auburn instead of UAT, which I think would have been an important note to have included in this story.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Aubie16

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 11:39:11 PM »
I would like to know why apparently his favorite school did not offer him a baseball scholly? I mean, if he lives and breathes UAT football and is still that loyal to them after AU gave him a chance to play Div-1 college baseball, then you would have thought if UAT offered a scholly, he would have went there without hesitation. His bio states he was the 2006 5A state player of the year, several All-State teams, Baseball America Top 300 high school players, so you would think UAT would have been pursuing him also. If UAT offered him a spot, did we offer a degree that UAT did not and that is why he came to Auburn? Otherwise you have to wonder if the school he likes told him he was not good enough for them and did not offer him a scholarship.

The article never tells us why he is playing at Auburn instead of UAT, which I think would have been an important note to have included in this story.

From what I have heard, he and his family did not have a very high opinion of Jim Wells and decided it would not be in his best interest to play for him, even though they did offer him a scholarship. He decided a potential future in baseball would be better served playing in for Auburn than for Alabama. I would look at this more as a business decision than a personal decision.

Not that I agree with the decision. I could never decide to play for Alabama over Auburn even if the coaching staff presented what I thought would be a better atmosphere and opportunity than Auburn. But my loyalty runs a lot deeper than some of these guys.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Auburn is so much more than a city, school, team, or degree. It is something that, once you have experienced it, will live inside of you forever and become a part of what makes up who you are."

1913 | 1914 | 1957 | 1958 | 1993 | 2004 | 2010

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 12:49:48 PM »
The Sanders's are good people.

Bammers, but the tolerable kind.

They are (obviously) Auburn baseball fans, but default all other sports preferences to Auburn.

Additional fun fact: Joe's girlfriend is hot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 12:52:46 PM »
By the way, his mom Barbara is the one they all shaved their heads for last year, if you remember that news article.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions