Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

NCAA Investigates.. Is it over...

boartitz

Re: NCAA Investigates.. Is it over...
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2009, 03:21:03 PM »
When he doesn't have to pay that bill, it probably makes him more willing. Especially if the recipiant is a girlfriend and doesn't mind slinging a little leg his way. Hell, I bet Prowler would give his left nut (when it drops) to lose his virginity. Pussy makes people do strange things sometimes. 
He had an interior motive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #41 on: March 06, 2009, 03:39:41 PM »
Hell, I bet Prowler would give his left nut (when it drops) to lose his virginity.

That may be the funniest thing you have said...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2009, 04:56:58 PM »
That may be the funniest thing you have said...
RWC loves nuts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2009, 05:32:19 PM »
RWC loves nuts.
Ding! Fries are done!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2009, 05:59:22 PM »
......And then you had to fuck it up. I may have just retired from the thread after the last one...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2009, 06:28:24 PM »
bama's liscensing argeement with the NCAA is worth too much money. Soooo they will skate away from this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

RWS

« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2009, 08:36:33 PM »
Here is a link with all of the info UA has sent to the NCAA.

http://uanews.ua.edu/anews2009/mar09/ncaa030509.htm

Some pretty interesting shit if you actually read thru it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2009, 08:42:42 PM »
:rofl: :rofl: In the PLOI the NCAA called them the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa.....uat. Ahhahaha
The University calls themselves that as well, for the simple fact that there are multiple University of Alabama locations, such as University of Alabama, Birmingham. The same way I imagine Auburn University would formally be Auburn University, Auburn and the Montgomery location would be Auburn University, Montgomery.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #48 on: March 07, 2009, 08:48:03 PM »
Here is a link with all of the info UA has sent to the NCAA.

http://uanews.ua.edu/anews2009/mar09/ncaa030509.htm

Some pretty interesting shit if you actually read thru it.

Can you post the cliff notes? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #49 on: March 07, 2009, 10:33:21 PM »
The University calls themselves that as well
Bullshit
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2009, 10:58:36 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

RWS

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2009, 11:13:32 PM »

Can you post the cliff notes? 
    UA Redacted Response to NCAA Notice of Allegations: Total 67 pages
    • All textbooks or materials in question were either returned to the Supply Store or were charged to, and paid for, by the student athletes in question.
    • The wrongdoers were aware they were exploiting the school's system, but were not aware they were violating NCAA rules because the materials were either returned, or charged to them if not returned.
    • The university brought in outside CPAs to assist with the audit
    • Shit really hit the fan during the audit, that was when the majority of what was reported to the NCAA was found. A discrepancy that a clerk caught in one student athlete's account was the "tip of the iceberg" for this whole thing.
    • The lowest dollar amount infraction was $0.35, and that was a paper test booklet.
    • At this time, all student athletes have made restitution to the university
    • All athletes that were involved were required to file petitions for reinstatement thru the NCAA and SEC and all petitions were approved by both organizations.
    • Somebody from the UA compliance office must be physically present when books are issued to any student athlete now.
    • Chronology of important events of the investigation on a day by day basis.
    • A list of modifications made to the student athlete check-out policy between 2003-2007.
    • The NCAA did not require UA to check records prior to Fall 2005 due to a change in campus software, but UA attempted to check anyway. The Supply Store's staff also did not retain or file hard copies of forms as they are required in their manual.
    • NCAA officials were actually present for many of the student athlete and staff interviews the university conducted
    • Some clerks at The Supply Store did not understand the difference between "required" and "optional" books for student athletes, pointing out yet another lack of training
    • All materials were academic in nature. Unlike similar situations at other institutions, iPods, sweatshirts, etc were not received by those in question.
    • The total investigation spanned over 4 months.

Exhibit 1-2 to 1-7: Total 51 pages
    • A list of the members that were head of the oversight audit, then a list of all of the members (41 people) of the audit team.
    • The procedures to follow for the audit and an outline of how the evidence would be organized.
    • The policy for student athletes receiving books at the time and the three major gaps that were exploited in that policy.
    Exhibit 1-9 to 1-11: Total 25 pages
    • Copy of the student athlete planner and Supply Store clerks procedures for certain situations involving student athletes.

Exhibit 4-1: Total 2 pages
    • Letter of reprimand for Jon Dever, Assistant Athletic Director for Student Services.

Exhibit 4-2: Total 2 pages
    • Letter of reprimand for Teresa Shreve, Director of the University Supply Store.

Exhibit 7-1: Total 6 pages
    • A list of past major infractions and penalties that were enforced.

Exhibit 10-1 to 10-2: Total 29 pages
    • Organization of the athletic department
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 11:15:54 PM by runswithscissors »
    friendly
    funny
    dislike
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions

RWS

« Reply #52 on: March 07, 2009, 11:15:28 PM »
    Bullshit
    I'm assuming you haven't looked at the first document from the link I provided.
    friendly
    funny
    dislike
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
    « Reply #53 on: March 07, 2009, 11:32:50 PM »
    Good God man. That's the Cliff notes?

Guilty.
    friendly
    funny
    dislike
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    "Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
    « Reply #54 on: March 07, 2009, 11:47:02 PM »
    I'm assuming you haven't looked at the first document from the link I provided.
    It has a ua.edu address. Of course I'm not going to look at it. Why should I get my news from Pravda? I don't see "UAT" in any of that shit you posted. I'm assuming it was cut and pasted from the source. Doen't matter anyway. As Sani said, GUILTY! Shut 'em down ala SMU.
    friendly
    funny
    dislike
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    No reactions
    "I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."