Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

NCAA Investigates.. Is it over...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: NCAA Investigates.. Is it over...
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2009, 05:57:45 PM »
Where's the resident bammers to spin this into..."Nothing to see here, move along"?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 06:26:14 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: In the PLOI the NCAA called them the University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa.....uat. Ahhahaha
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 06:37:34 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2009, 06:36:41 PM »
http://fromthebleachersblog.blogspot.com/2009/03/preliminary-letter-of-inquiry-at.html
Thursday, March 05, 2009
Preliminary Letter Of Inquiry at Alabama
The mid-2007 "Textbookgate" story at Alabama has been considered old news since half a dozen UAT players were suspended for the second half of that season and eventually reinstated. The story broke open again around 11AM today, when Cecil Hurt of the Tuscaloosa News reported online,

Representatives of the University of Alabama met with the NCAA Committee on Infractions last month to address allegations concerning the textbook violations which sidelined five football players in the 2007 season, The News has learned.

The meeting took place in San Diego on February 20, 2009. The two specific NCAA allegations, which were sent in a letter to UA President Dr. Robert Witt, last May, state that an unspecified number of UA student-athletes obtained impermissible textbooks and supplies beginning in “at least the 2005-06 academic year and continuing through the fall of 2007.” Furthermore, the letter alleges that “the scope and nature of the allegations” demonstrate a "failure to monitor the student-athlete textbook distribution system."

Along with Hurt's story, a sidebar has been posted containing pertinent documents, most notably including this Preliminary Letter Of Inquiry (labeled as a "Notice of allegations"; per ESPN, the two names are interchangable in NCAA parlance). The existence of this letter, dated May 8, 2008, has been successfully kept under wraps by UAT until today.

Among other things, the mildly-redacted PLOI charges uat with Failure To Monitor (page 6), which is basically the second most serious charge in the NCAA rulebook, behind the dreaded Failure Of Institutional Control.

Contrary to everything you've read in the media to date, the NCAA considers this is a major violations case (page 4). According to the letter, UAT has requested and been denied summary disposition (top of page 3).

In short, this story is much more serious than the UAT administration, athletic department, and the media in Alabama have ever let on.

UPDATE: Here's something I missed when first reading over the NCAA letter. From page 6, detailing the first of two allegations, in this case a potential violation of Bylaw 16.11.2.1:

It is alleged that beginning at least in the 2005-06 academic year and continuing through the fall of 2007, the institution's textbook distribution system allowed [section redacted] different student athletes to obtain impermissible textbooks and supplies, with a total value of [redacted].

This is possibly the most significant section of the entire PLOI, since it places the violations within the five-year Repeat Offender window. Alabama's last bout of NCAA probation began on February 1, 2002, and lasted through February 1 of 2007. Any violations during calendar 2006 would fall within the repeat offender window. This would make Alabama a three-time repeat offender, as the Albert Means probation was itself a repeat-offender case.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2009, 06:43:03 PM »
At Coach $ mansion

(the door bell rings)

Coach $ - "Hey Mal, go see who's at the door.....NOW!!!!"

LOL
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 06:46:20 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2009, 06:48:11 PM »
curious as to why you guys think that Alabama will be punished for this with a severity greater than that of USC/R. Bush.  In case you aren't following, I'm saying: Why do you think a penalty for accepting $200.00 worth of books by 6 athletes will be carried out by people who won't carry out a penalty to a person accepting $250,000.00 in cash and real estate?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2009, 07:12:50 PM »
curious as to why you guys think that Alabama will be punished for this with a severity greater than that of USC/R. Bush.  In case you aren't following, I'm saying: Why do you think a penalty for accepting $200.00 worth of books by 6 athletes will be carried out by people who won't carry out a penalty to a person accepting $250,000.00 in cash and real estate?

Not sure why, but I do know that the NCAA has requested the win-loss record of the past four years.  They've also requested all information on known TV contracts for the next couple of years as well. 

Looks like you guys may be fucked.   :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2009, 08:55:31 PM »
"This would make Alabama a three-time repeat offender, as the Albert Means probation was itself a repeat-offender case."

This is why some bammers are getting a little nervous.  And, why it's maybe a little more serious than Reggie Bush's case.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 11:08:36 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2009, 09:58:07 PM »
Wasn't the Albert Means case considered as "Repeat Offender"?  If so, then that'd make this a "Double-Repeat Offender"...

Which as you obviously know, results in double secret probation

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2009, 10:47:00 PM »
Which as you obviously know, results in double secret probation

:clap: :clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2009, 10:48:38 PM »
I caught about 15 minutes of Finescrotum this afternoon and the one time he referenced this whole thing, he did so by saying:

Look, the only story here is that it's just now coming out for the public to see.  The minute Alabama discovered any problems over a year ago, they self reported it and have been working hand in hand with the SEC and NCAA.

In other words...nothing to see here, move along. Typical!! Now, having said that, I'm still leaning more towards B'Hams take.  We ain't talkin' Reggie Bush big here.  I mean, when I see shit like, "Failure to monitor textbook distribution...blah, blah, blah" it's hard to get real excited about your rival getting hammered by the NCAA.  Hey, if it happens...I'll laugh.  But good Lord, don't they have anything better to do?  You know, like actually pull the trigger on the loaded gun USC should be staring down?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2009, 11:15:15 PM »
I've heard that there was a post made on the BOL website with the title "Brandon Gibson's Plane Ride", but it was deleted not long after being posted.  Also, there was one that had "NCAA Violations....Contact Richard Shelby", I'm not sure what that means....but, I'm sure that'll be deleted too, if it hasn't already been.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2009, 11:22:22 PM »
I caught about 15 minutes of Finescrotum this afternoon and the one time he referenced this whole thing, he did so by saying:

Look, the only story here is that it's just now coming out for the public to see.  The minute Alabama discovered any problems over a year ago, they self reported it and have been working hand in hand with the SEC and NCAA.

In other words...nothing to see here, move along. Typical!! Now, having said that, I'm still leaning more towards B'Hams take.  We ain't talkin' Reggie Bush big here.  I mean, when I see shit like, "Failure to monitor textbook distribution...blah, blah, blah" it's hard to get real excited about your rival getting hammered by the NCAA.  Hey, if it happens...I'll laugh.  But good Lord, don't they have anything better to do?  You know, like actually pull the trigger on the loaded gun USC should be staring down?

I really don't think there is much to see with the textbook scandal.  However, there are a lot of upset and nervous Bammers out there right now.  Something was serious enough to hide from Cecil Hurt who is the beloved and most respected overrated Bammer journalist in the state.  From what I heard on F-Bomb, Cecil isn't too happy about the whole situation.  Something's up.  I don't know if anything will come of it, but I think there's more to it that what meets the eye. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

boartitz

« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2009, 06:22:39 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2009, 08:37:54 AM »
That fuck is the biggest bama douchebag on the planet.  He's a pompous know-nothing fuckstick asshole. 

Go read some of his other braying shit if you don't believe me. 

Without even looking, I can bet you the next fat-ass Bama whiner will be Larry Burton, the manager of a temporary employment service from Pensacola.  That lost-in-the-70s clown has written a dozen or more snide ass Auburn bashing "articles" for that site. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2009, 08:43:01 AM »
From the site...

Franklin's Bio

I am an old school Alabama fan. I live, eat, and sleep college football. I played the game, so I know a little about the sacrifices these kids have to make. I have been involved with Alabama football since Bear Bryant's glory days. I have witnessed Alabama winning 7 National Championships..

When I die I plan to have my ashes spread over Bryant-Denny stadium. I only ask that I live long enough to see Alabama win another national championship. It's beginning to look like my days are numbered!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2009, 09:11:25 AM »
I would further say that if this was happening at Alabama, it was most likely happening at other schools because these sort of schemes spread like wildfire amongst unethical athletes.
Paraphrase: A completely hypothetical and unsupported "Everyone else is doing it!"

Typical.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2009, 11:06:29 AM »
From the site...

Yall been fucking with Wiki? :poke: Does this equal out the ones they claim that others don't agree with?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alabama_Crimson_Tide

the NCAA recognizes Alabama as National Champions for the 1945, 1966, 1967, and 1977 college football seasons. However, those championships are not claimed by Alabama.[5][6]
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2009, 01:27:56 PM »
Here's my take on it:

I really don't think we're going to see anything all that severe out of this. Alabama gained no competitive advantage by this happening. What we had were some numbskulls using funds allocated for student athletes to get their books, but said numbskulls were also getting their girlfriends and friends books using this money as well. They weren't selling the books to other students, so I suppose that may help our case a little. I can see a few scholarships being lost for it maybe, but I would imagine that would be as severe as it gets. If its more than that, well then fuck me, I guess I'm wrong. But I really don't see this as our downfall.

Should it have happened? No. But I think what went on is one of those things when you hear about it, you're just like "What?". I would be interested to see just how many schools this sort of thing is happening at. You can't tell me that some kids at Alabama and Ball State are the only kids in the country to figure this out. It still doesn't make it right, and it shouldn't be used as justification for it happening. I just think its one of those things you don't really think about and would be easy to slip through the cracks. For Alabama's sake, I sure as hell hope they are serious about the textbook monitoring now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

boartitz

« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2009, 02:32:30 PM »
I find it hard to believe that a kid would run up a $1600 book bill out of the goodness of his heart. He was swapping for something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2009, 02:56:05 PM »
I find it hard to believe that a kid would run up a $1600 book bill out of the goodness of his heart. He was swapping for something.
When he doesn't have to pay that bill, it probably makes him more willing. Especially if the recipiant is a girlfriend and doesn't mind slinging a little leg his way. Hell, I bet Prowler would give his left nut (when it drops) to lose his virginity. Pussy makes people do strange things sometimes. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 02:58:23 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler