Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Collective "Shit" Heard From PGA...

A Collective "Shit" Heard From PGA...
« on: February 19, 2009, 09:26:49 PM »
players all around the world.   Tiger returns next week....

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3919606
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

Re: A Collective "Shit" Heard From PGA...
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 09:33:58 PM »
players all around the world.   Tiger returns next week....

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3919606

I guess I'll start watching golf again.  I used to hate Tiger, but the more I watch him play, the more I find myself pulling for him. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 09:36:22 PM »
I guess I'll start watching golf again.  I used to hate Tiger, but the more I watch him play, the more I find myself pulling for him. 

I feel the same.  At a certain point it starts to get historical and more interesting. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 09:40:19 AM »

I pull for him too.  To fucking LOSE. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 11:04:29 AM »
I pull for him too.  To fucking LOSE. 

Ha.  You and my father-in-law should hang out.

I've got the Master's marked off on my calendar.  If he doesn't win I'll be very surprised.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 11:14:43 AM »
Ha.  You and my father-in-law should hang out.

I've got the Master's marked off on my calendar.  If he doesn't win I'll be very surprised.

I hate people being deemed the "greatest ever" when the evidence isn't in.  This fuck won one tournament and suddenly he was the fucking Obama of golf. 

Even if he catches Nicklaus he won't be as good.  Jack had competition. He played with a stick and a ball of duct tape.  Put Jack out on the course today and Tiger is his caddy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2009, 11:23:27 AM »
Tiger would be a heck of a lot more fun to watch if someone...anyone would step up and challenge him consistently.  I find it amazing that all these guys, who have been playing golf since they were old enough to hold a club, can't produce at least 2-3 guys from anywhere in the world that can play good golf consistently enough to give him a run.

I know the guy is a top notch athlete but I truly believe the biggest difference is his mindset.  It looks to me like he takes every single drive, every single long/short iron, every chip and every putt and tries to do something miraculous with it...while the rest of the field tries not to get blown away.  All these guys have skillz but I think they're afraid to try and match him shot for shot or even say, "Yeah, that was good, but watch this shot mo-fo".  

If it's just Tiger making history, it's boring as hell to me.  If Vijay or Goosen or Els or Harrington are consitently stalking the guy, then I'll get interested again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Thrilla

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 11:24:37 AM »
I hate people being deemed the "greatest ever" when the evidence isn't in.  This fuck won one tournament and suddenly he was the fucking Obama of golf. 

Even if he catches Nicklaus he won't be as good.  Jack had competition. He played with a stick and a ball of duct tape.  Put Jack out on the course today and Tiger is his caddy. 

I have purchased this t-shirt for you.  It will be at your house soon.

Their (Woods and Nicklaus) competition used/uses the same equipment and had/has the same opportunity to succeed as they do.  This argument holds no water, although it's true that Jack has more accomplishments currently than Tiger.  But, Tiger is a phenom with abilities to focus and execute like no other while playing one of the most difficult sports out there, and he'll catch him.

"Evidence not in?  The Fuck won one tournament and he's the Obama of golf?"  What the hell is that supposed to mean?  Tell me this was a Kaos-ian button pushing statement and I will understand.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 11:35:26 AM »
Don't get sucked in.  He's rubbing his hands together and a slight grin is curling up on his lips right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 01:22:42 PM »
I have purchased this t-shirt for you.  It will be at your house soon.

Their (Woods and Nicklaus) competition used/uses the same equipment and had/has the same opportunity to succeed as they do.  This argument holds no water, although it's true that Jack has more accomplishments currently than Tiger.  But, Tiger is a phenom with abilities to focus and execute like no other while playing one of the most difficult sports out there, and he'll catch him.

"Evidence not in?  The Fuck won one tournament and he's the Obama of golf?"  What the hell is that supposed to mean?  Tell me this was a Kaos-ian button pushing statement and I will understand.

No, I'm talking historical.  The first tournament the fuck won they started in with "the greatest golfer ever" shit.  They do it with everybody.  Jimmy Joe Slimshack hits 31 home runs in his rookie season and all of a sudden he's Babe Ruth reincarnated and has to be considered one of the greatest outfielders to ever play the game.  Two seasons later, Slimshack is shagging balls in single-A. 

It's just like that fucking Shane on Finebaum.  Every single fucking season he predicts Bama to win every game.  All of a sudden that fuck is Nostradamus this year?  Fuck no.  Same with the media.  They put everybody on a pedestal and suddenly they're right because this fuck wins a couple of tournaments against some raggedly can't play golf bastards?

He's a good golfer.  Nicklaus -- with his wooden, not metal woods -- would kick the ever loving shit out of him on a regular basis if either had the same advantages/disadvantages. 

Tiger is a motherfucker.  I hate motherfuckers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 01:42:19 PM »
No, I'm talking historical.  The first tournament the fuck won they started in with "the greatest golfer ever" shit.  They do it with everybody.  Jimmy Joe Slimshack hits 31 home runs in his rookie season and all of a sudden he's Babe Ruth reincarnated and has to be considered one of the greatest outfielders to ever play the game.  Two seasons later, Slimshack is shagging balls in single-A. 

It's just like that fucking Shane on Finebaum.  Every single fucking season he predicts Bama to win every game.  All of a sudden that fuck is Nostradamus this year?  Fuck no.  Same with the media.  They put everybody on a pedestal and suddenly they're right because this fuck wins a couple of tournaments against some raggedly can't play golf bastards?

He's a good golfer. Nicklaus -- with his wooden, not metal woods -- would kick the ever loving shit out of him on a regular basis if either had the same advantages/disadvantages. 

Tiger is a motherfucker.  I hate motherfuckers.

I can agree with everything except the bolded points.  I don't recall them labeling him "the greatest ever" after the first tournament he won (although he was young, and hot off a dominant run in the amateur circuit).  But I'll take your word for it.  One of the greatest golf debates of today's times revolves around whether or not Tiger would be competitive in Jack's era or vice versa with the same equipment and playing conditions.  I would submit that the difference between who would win and who would lose would revolve around short game play...Tiger would be dominant off the tee...they would be evenly matched on approach shots...and the difference would probably be seen in chipping and putting.  We will never know the answer, however.

As for him fucking mothers...well yeah, he's hitting this

so can you blame him? even if it is now like throwin' a hotdog down a hallway?  But probably not fucking other mothers, unless he's able to keep that shit under tight wraps.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 03:25:10 PM by Thrilla »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 01:49:29 PM »
Tiger is good for golf because you either love to root for him, or like me, love to root against him.  Ether way he brings fans out and ups the TV ratings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 02:21:19 PM »
People watch golf?

Try Sominex, Ambien or just a good bout of binge drinking if you're having trouble sleeping.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 03:04:46 PM »
People watch golf?

Try Sominex, Ambien or just a good bout of binge drinking if you're having trouble sleeping.

A watch to pick up on the latest fashion trends.  That Jesper Parnevik is the tits.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 03:11:32 PM »
I can agree with everything except the bolded points.  I don't recall them labeling him "the greatest ever" after the first tournament he won (although he was young, and hot off a dominant run in the amateur circuit).  But I'll take your word for it.  One of the greatest golf debates of today's times revolves around whether or not Tiger would be competitive in Jack's era or vice versa with the same equipment and playing conditions.  I would submit that the difference between who would win and who would lose would revolve around short game play...Tiger would be dominant off the tee...they would be evenly matched on approach shots...and the difference would probably be seen in chipping and putting.  We will never know the answer, however.

As for him fucking mothers...well yeah, he's hitting this

so can you blame him? even if it is now like throwin' a hotdog down a hallway?  But probably not fucking other mothers, unless he's able to keep that shit under tight wraps.

Yeah, he's smackin' the hell out of that red X.

I don't care what my dad says, Ali would outlast Marciano's ass. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 03:27:03 PM »

Edited.  The red X syndrome is a curse I have learned to love and live with.  I am sorry for bringing anyone into its throes.

Would you not be a motherfucker, too?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 03:30:13 PM »

Oh there he go again, there he go.  Every time you start talking about boxing, a white man gotta' bring up Rocky Marciano.

He kicked Joe Louis' ass.

Joe Louis was 157 years old.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 03:33:04 PM »
C'mon...bang a mother.  They have experience.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 03:38:14 PM »
I am amazed at how bad I want to bang Tiger's wife.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 04:40:11 PM »
C'mon...bang a mother.  They have experience.

And possibly the most amazing thing about her.....She has a twin
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions