Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

David Oku Update

David Oku Update
« on: February 18, 2009, 06:54:28 PM »
Reports by Rivals national editor is that it is Auburn is being reported as the team to beat for Oku.  B. Brown is seriously considering the Vols and Auburn leads now for Oku's services.  Supposedly Oku is to announce possibly early this next week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: David Oku Update
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 07:32:03 PM »
Reports by Rivals national editor is that it is Auburn is being reported as the team to beat for Oku.  B. Brown is seriously considering the Vols and Auburn leads now for Oku's services.  Supposedly Oku is to announce possibly early this next week.

I really wonder if this kids has an attitude or if he is just trying to make a good decision?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 07:52:08 PM »
I  don't think that he wants to be on the same  team as Brown.  If its between us and UT, he is probably just wanting to make sure that he doesn't have to compete with Brown for playing time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 08:37:38 PM »
Oku would be a big pick up for us.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 08:39:24 PM »
According to same article, he got burnt out by the process and decided to wait until there was no pressure and he could sign confidently.  I"m sure there is an element of Brown/ showboating/ drama, but who knows.  I wouldn't turn him away either way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 09:45:27 AM »
I really wonder if this kids has an attitude or if he is just trying to make a good decision?
He's got Mower Stars, so I don't care.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 12:43:10 PM »
I want my David Oku update.  Soemone tell me this kid is going to ink with Auburn.  Go ahead, make my day.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 01:03:07 PM »
Deliberance (or is it deliberate?)
MONDAY MORNING
Post No. 1,067

Hey everyone. Not much happening (yet) on a chilly February morning, so why not talk about football?

TB David Oku of suburban Oklahoma City still hasn't made a decision about where he'll play college ball next season. I thought my Gannett-mandated furlough could spark some profound moments of clarity for the young man. I was wrong.

He's still mulling offers from Auburn, Tennessee, Syracuse and now Ole Miss.

So what's his timetable? Oku isn't saying. The first major recruit to play The Waiting Game, Pennsylania quarterback Terrelle Pryor, made his decision in mid March last year. Could Oku go that long?

As Al Borges would say: "Oh, you bet."

Since an official Auburn depth chart hasn't been released since November, this list includes my best guesses as to what it'll look like in late August:

* Ben Tate, Sr.
    * Mario Fannin, Jr.
    * Onterio McCalebb, Fr. (from prep school)
    * Eric Smith, Soph.
      ------
    * Dontae Aycock, Fr.
    * Brandon Jacobs, Fr.

Can Oku crack that rotation? He certainly could. He's a shifty tailback whose quickness could help him overcome his underdeveloped body. Oku is not ready to bang with SEC linebackers right now. The same was true for Carnell Williams in 2001, though, so being slight isn't a deal-breaker. Williams couldn't hide his love for high-speed collisions and missed parts of his first two seasons with injuries.

Oku looks like a different kind of back to me. He tends to elude.

http://jaygtate.blogspot.com/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 01:11:05 PM »
Thanks.  I need a cigarette.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2009, 07:27:19 PM »
It is now being reported by Rivals that Oku is movning to Nebraska to be close to a girlfriend, although he denies that she is pregnant. He is saying he is moving there to take classes that will help him prepare for college. He still lists his top 4 choices as the same mentioned above. Pretty wierd shit...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2009, 09:19:41 AM »
He's going to Tennessee.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 09:20:17 AM by Chizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2009, 09:37:12 AM »
He's going to Tennessee.

This really doesn't hurt my feelings any.  I think we signed a pretty good group of backs this year.  Maybe he didn't want the competition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions