Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Official Fantasy Baseball Thread

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Official Fantasy Baseball Thread
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2009, 01:05:54 PM »
If you're scared say you're scared.
Hell, I'm not scared to send my $20 along to someone who can actually draft a decent team. 
I was not sayin...jess sayin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2009, 03:19:36 PM »
I set up the league. League ID is 62985. League password is tigersx.

Everyone from last year should ave gotten an e-mail with an invite. Any noobs can join as well. I did not add any different stats this year but we can add holds and On-base percentage if you guys like. Holds is a pretty tough category in my opinion and I would rather do without, but we can vote on adding the new stats. This is a democracy, but my vote counts for 13....

Also, I can not find where I can change how the tie-breakers work. I will keep looking and get on that if  find something better Ogre.

The draft is Tuesday March 24th at 8:30. The only requests I had was that it not be from Mar. 16-20 and it not be done too early. If you sign up for this league, please try to set time available for the draft. Not only is it fun, but it makes kicking your ass that much more enjoyable because you actually PICKED your shitty ass team. We may can change this if needed.

Good Luck Guys!

If there's still room, I'll play.

I need to know what site you're using (yahoo/espn/etc).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2009, 03:25:42 PM »
Yahoo.

Your presence is appreciated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2009, 03:33:18 PM »
Yahoo.

Your presence is appreciated.

I'm in.

Who's holding the money?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2009, 03:45:47 PM »
I'm in.

Who's holding the money?

This guy.

Another thing...Do we want to play for money? I will hold the money but you guys would have to send the money out to Texas. You also don't know me for shit so if you want to vote someone else treasurer, I am cool with that too...

Although he apparently plans to spend our money on strippers and booze.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2009, 05:41:11 PM »
Not that I don't trust wareagle but i would ceartainly be willing to maintain my role as official treasurer.  It's up to you guys
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2009, 05:55:28 PM »
Not that I don't trust wareagle but i would ceartainly be willing to maintain my role as official treasurer.  It's up to you guys

No doubt, you are an upstanding, trustworthy treasurer.  Doesn't matter to me who does it, but we need to decide soon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2009, 01:04:31 AM »
:thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2009, 10:00:48 AM »
I vote for AUTR. That way no one will have to send their money out to TX and it is less chance for it to get lost.

As promised, here is a basic run down of how this thing works:

Basically this is a head to head league. You can fill your roster with whoever you want and of what ever kind of players you want. You can have all pitchers or all first basemen, but you can only start C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, 3 OF, and a Utility(which can be anyone) and 2 SP, 2 RP and 3 other pitchers of any kind. You also have 5 bench players and 2 DL spots if any of your players go on the DL.

The scoring catergories are R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP. You try and "win" the most of these categories against the guy you are playing head to head against that week. If you win 6 and lose 4, you will be posted with a 6-4 record going into the next week. SO if you go 6-4 the first 2 weeks, your record will be 12-8.

That is basically it. It's pretty fun and relatively simple. You can be as involved as you want or justset your roster once a week.

We need to vote on how we want to do the money. We have 12 people for $240. I vote giving some money out for regular season winner and then play off winner. That way you reward the guys that work all year and also give people a shot to win a little at the end.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2009, 10:10:22 AM »
I vote for AUTR. That way no one will have to send their money out to TX and it is less chance for it to get lost.

As promised, here is a basic run down of how this thing works:

Basically this is a head to head league. You can fill your roster with whoever you want and of what ever kind of players you want. You can have all pitchers or all first basemen, but you can only start C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, 3 OF, and a Utility(which can be anyone) and 2 SP, 2 RP and 3 other pitchers of any kind. You also have 5 bench players and 2 DL spots if any of your players go on the DL.

The scoring catergories are R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP. You try and "win" the most of these categories against the guy you are playing head to head against that week. If you win 6 and lose 4, you will be posted with a 6-4 record going into the next week. SO if you go 6-4 the first 2 weeks, your record will be 12-8.

That is basically it. It's pretty fun and relatively simple. You can be as involved as you want or justset your roster once a week.

Thanks for the rundown, this is my first stab at fantasy baseball.  I have, in fact, a very basic question:  what is the weekly schedule?  Football I know is Mon/Sun (occasionally Thurs).  College Basketball is Tuesday and Saturday (occasionally Wednesday).  So when do they play the baseball?

We need to vote on how we want to do the money. We have 12 people for $240. I vote giving some money out for regular season winner and then play off winner. That way you reward the guys that work all year and also give people a shot to win a little at the end.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

I like the regular season and playoff payoff.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2009, 10:20:11 AM »
Thanks for the rundown, this is my first stab at fantasy baseball.  I have, in fact, a very basic question:  what is the weekly schedule?  Football I know is Mon/Sun (occasionally Thurs).  College Basketball is Tuesday and Saturday (occasionally Wednesday).  So when do they play the baseball?

Pretty much all day every day. It's what can make it interesting and time consuming if you let it. That is why I said you can spend a lot of time on it, or just set it once or twice a week and forget it.

MLB teams play 162 game in a 6 month period so each team has about 20 off days spread out over 6 months. That's it. They play A LOT of baseball...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2009, 10:56:04 AM »
Pretty much all day every day. It's what can make it interesting and time consuming if you let it. That is why I said you can spend a lot of time on it, or just set it once or twice a week and forget it.

MLB teams play 162 game in a 6 month period so each team has about 20 off days spread out over 6 months. That's it. They play A LOT of baseball...

Follow-up question:

When the hell am I supposed to set my line-up?  Can I change it at will (assuming that a particular player isn't mid-game)?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2009, 11:13:38 AM »
Follow-up question:

When the hell am I supposed to set my line-up?  Can I change it at will (assuming that a particular player isn't mid-game)?

You set it the day of as long as the game hasn't started. One thing: if you pick someone up, you can not play that person until the next day. So don't try and pick someone up thinking you will be able to play them immediately.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2009, 11:23:34 AM »
You set it the day of as long as the game hasn't started. One thing: if you pick someone up, you can not play that person until the next day. So don't try and pick someone up thinking you will be able to play them immediately.

Good to know.  Thanks.  All other tips and tricks are appreciated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2009, 12:30:23 PM »
Good to know.  Thanks.  All other tips and tricks are appreciated.

This is my second year playing fantasy baseball.  It is MUCH more involved than other fantasy games.  I'd recommend checking it every day to every other day, as you can rotate who you play on a daily basis.  It's also worth it to buy the "stat tracker" as the season is so long and you can really get your money's worth out of it.  I didn't buy it last year, and I regretted it.  I'll get it this year.  It helps you keep up with who is hot and who is not.  This is huge, as fantasy baseball is ALL about which players get on streaks and which ones are in slumps.

Expect to be more involved that with other fantasy games.  Especially with pitching...you always want to see if your pitcher is scheduled to start, as pro teams will occasionally switch their starting rotations around and then you're starting a pitcher who isn't starting in reality.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2009, 12:39:44 PM »
OK, so AUTR will be our treasurer.  In order for him to collect money, we need him to PM all of us his address.

Here's who all I have in:

War Eagle!!!
Jumbo
Thrilla
Ogre
Wesfau
Chinook
Buzz Killington
ssgaufan
AWK
AUTR

10 total.

I also vote for paying out the regular season winner and playoffs winner.  If we have $240 pot, then do we split that 50/50 between regular season winner and playoff winners? 

We could also do where the person who gets 2nd place in the playoffs gets his money back (or more)...leaving $220 to be split evenly between the regular season winner and the playoff winner.

What do you all think?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2009, 12:57:24 PM »
PM just sent out with my address.  $$$ due prior to draft, this includes you too AWK (you'll have to come off with a stamp this time). 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #57 on: March 06, 2009, 12:58:56 PM »

I also vote for paying out the regular season winner and playoffs winner.  If we have $240 pot, then do we split that 50/50 between regular season winner and playoff winners? 

We could also do where the person who gets 2nd place in the playoffs gets his money back (or more)...leaving $220 to be split evenly between the regular season winner and the playoff winner.

What do you all think?

I think that winning the regular season requires more consistency over a longer period of time and should be rewarded more than the playoff winner.  I'd go 80-20 or 60-40, but I'm ok with an even split if that's what everyone else wants.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #58 on: March 06, 2009, 01:10:55 PM »
Someone please remind me again...when is teh draft?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Tiger Six

« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2009, 02:07:40 PM »
the fantasy football league was harder than scoring on prom night!

You had problems scoring on prom night?  Interesting.

Ok, can I still get in on this thing?  I need a place to waste $20.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions