Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

a CBS Sports Blogger/Writer's take on Dre....

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
a CBS Sports Blogger/Writer's take on Dre....
« on: February 08, 2009, 09:40:23 PM »
Dodds and Ends-
"I want Dre Kirkpatrick to fail. Maybe that's too harsh. I want what Dre Kirkpatrick represents to die off.

The nation's No. 1 defensive back committed to Alabama on Wednesday, but it was the way he did that turned the stomach. In front of a supportive hometown crowd, before cameras televising the vent live, Kirkpatrick played out the time-worn practice of putting on his new school's hat to announce his decision.

But it was the way he did it that turned the stomach. Kirkpatrick baited the crowd. Created some theater. "Ya'll ready?, he asked, then pulled a gym bag out from underneath a table. From inside the bag came a plastic bag and finally a red velvet box.

Sufficiently teased, the crowd yelled its approval as Dre pulled out the Alabama cap. His left arm in a sling (the result of a recent shoulder operation), Kirkpatrick then told his audience, "I'm not afraid of Julio Jones," referring to the Tide's freshman All-American receiver.

Somebody give me a barf bag. Kirkpatrick is the latest embodiment of the sense of entitlement some of these recruits get. Kirkpatrick is recovering from surgery, hasn't even enrolled -- much less taken the field -- and has called out a future teammate.

Why do I get the feeling this kid is going to crash and burn, spectacularly, in T-town?"

While I do agree with the circus that Dre put together being just a little too much..."Look at Me, Me, Me, ME!!!"  And him saying that "I ain't fraid of no Julio" while he's wearing a sling, was being just a little brash, but I don't see Dre....crashing and burning at uat.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/13434100
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: a CBS Sports Blogger/Writer's take on Dre....
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 09:47:13 PM »
While I do agree with the circus that Dre put together being just a little too much..."Look at Me, Me, Me, ME!!!"  And him saying that "I ain't fraid of no Julio" while he's wearing a sling, was being just a little brash, but I don't see Dre....crashing and burning at uat.

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6270202/13434100
Who really cares what these kids do? They are 17/18 high schoolers and its their moment in the national spotlight. I don't care if some AU kid unveils his decision on a billboard for that matter. They are kids. A grown man hoping a kid has an unsuccessful career over a hat is whats really sad. I'm not a huge fan of the whole hat thing either, but I'm not going to jump all over some kid for it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 09:52:48 PM »
Who really cares what these kids do? They are 17/18 high schoolers and its their moment in the national spotlight. I don't care if some AU kid unveils his decision on a billboard for that matter. They are kids. A grown man hoping a kid has an unsuccessful career over a hat is whats really sad. I'm not a huge fan of the whole hat thing either, but I'm not going to jump all over some kid for it.

I am not either, but I do think the whole recruitment process has turned into a joke.  Of course the trade off is that now since we have Scout, Rivals, ESPN, Youtube, and personal websites, we get to know a lot more information about these kids that are taking a look at our schools.  As long as the whole hat thing isn't done disrespectfully by slamming the teams that you don't choose, I have no real issues with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 08:54:46 AM »
I usually find what Dodd writes pretty funny. I don't take him seriously, even with this. Though calling out a kid is pretty crappy. I know fans do it, but they usually have something invested in it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Roll Tide Bitch!

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 08:56:21 AM »
I usually find what Dodd writes pretty funny. I don't take him seriously, even with this. Though calling out a kid is pretty crappy. I know fans do it, but they usually have something invested in it.

I don't like the kids doing this shit but at the end of the day some of them will get some life lessons concerning running their mouths and not being able to back it up. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 10:18:18 AM »
Of course he's not scared of Julio, he's on the same fucking team.  Are they sure this guy's gonna qualify?  By making a statement like that, I think that he is afraid of gaurding the One Jr, or else he could've chose AU, or UT so he could defend him when it mattered, and a national audience was watching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions