Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Brandon Heavens...

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Brandon Heavens...
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 12:41:29 PM »
So, I guess you could have just said that, instead of acting like a cock-in-the-mouth with your usual bullshit.  Thanks for your contribution though.

So I guess you can to fuck yourself.   :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 12:43:51 PM »
I see some new material for those motivational posters going on here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 12:46:08 PM »
No, fucknose, it reeked of "I know something about this particular situation that those shitting out wild speculation do."

I have got no beef with you and haven't gotten in the pissing match with you like some other guys...why the fuck start the name calling? Your post was arrogant and didn't add anything to the conversation, so that's what I posted. If you would have posted something of substance without the "i am better than you" tone, I wouldn't have said shit...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 12:46:59 PM »
So I guess you can to fuck yourself.   :thumbsup:

:rofl: oh man..
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2009, 12:49:16 PM »
Posting from my phone. Phone being a bit h. Too much to type.

Short version? Academics no part of move from Bessemer. AU indifference (justified) a major reason he switched.

He got caught trying to stump train a wildebeest at the Birmingham zoo , didn't he?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2009, 01:16:10 PM »
I have got no beef with you and haven't gotten in the pissing match with you like some other guys...why the fuck start the name calling? Your post was arrogant and didn't add anything to the conversation, so that's what I posted. If you would have posted something of substance without the "i am better than you" tone, I wouldn't have said shit...
Sounds to me like you may have a fucknose....Ogre wants to see it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2009, 01:21:58 PM »
Brandon Heavens does have grade issues, those issues can right themselves, but that was the main reason as to why he wasn't able to come to Auburn for his official visit...he finally got some of his work done, and had already set up an official to MSU.  So, bammer...piss off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2009, 12:25:17 PM »

It was substance.  It wasn't arrogant. Fuckamighty.  I was fucking BUSY, my phone was acting like a bitch and I wasn't able to type all that shit.  There is no motherhumping "tone" in a message board post other than the "tone" you take from it. 

For the record, I call everyone names.  If I'm not calling you names it's because I don't like you. 

Heavens may have grade issues now but he didn't when he left Bessemer.  He left there because of a rift with the school administration.  They won the state championship his junior year and then released the coach.  Word was that it was because he promoted black players over white ones and the parents pushed him out.  Whatever. 

Heavens and several other Bessemer players left the school rather than play for a new coach. 

There is a different academic standard from private to public and he struggled at the public school from what I've heard.  But when he left Bessemer he had no academic issues other than having to take some extra classwork to match up with his requirements at the public school. 

He was not as productive -- not nearly as productive -- when he switched from private to public and the interest in him cooled significantly.  If he signed, so be it, if he didn't so what? That was the take. 

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 12:29:04 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2009, 12:38:15 PM »
Sooo..you don't like me? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2009, 12:43:37 PM »
Sooo..you don't like me? 

NO, fuckstick.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 12:45:06 PM »
It was substance.  It wasn't arrogant. Fuckamighty.  I was fucking BUSY, my phone was acting like a bitch and I wasn't able to type all that shit.  There is no motherhumping "tone" in a message board post other than the "tone" you take from it. 

For the record, I call everyone names.  If I'm not calling you names it's because I don't like you. 

Heavens may have grade issues now but he didn't when he left Bessemer.  He left there because of a rift with the school administration.  They won the state championship his junior year and then released the coach.  Word was that it was because he promoted black players over white ones and the parents pushed him out.  Whatever. 

Heavens and several other Bessemer players left the school rather than play for a new coach. 

There is a different academic standard from private to public and he struggled at the public school from what I've heard.  But when he left Bessemer he had no academic issues other than having to take some extra classwork to match up with his requirements at the public school. 

He was not as productive -- not nearly as productive -- when he switched from private to public and the interest in him cooled significantly.  If he signed, so be it, if he didn't so what? That was the take. 

Thanks, that was the info I was looking for.  I really thought that you received a better education at a private school though.  Is it this way at all private schools?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 12:58:39 PM »
Thanks, that was the info I was looking for.  I really thought that you received a better education at a private school though.  Is it this way at all private schools?

Private school myth. 

My kids went to a private school.  Teachers there had no insurance and made about $18k a year.  Some aren't degreed in what they're teaching.  There are some good private schools, but most of the smaller ones, in particular, were created for a reason other than academics. 

My oldest got a good background in math because her teacher was a retired public school teacher who came there for the extra money and because he loved the work.  She got bupkiss in English and is struggling with the writing requirements in college.  (Struggling is a relative term, BTW). 

My youngest went from the private school where she made all A's to a large elementary when we moved this summer.  She is struggling mightily to keep up because the other kids in her grade were light years ahead.  They are doing damn algebra in the third grade now and she'd barely gotten to 4+4 at the private school. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2009, 01:03:30 PM »
NO, fuckstick.

He likes me...he reeeaally likes me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2009, 01:23:44 PM »
Private school myth. 

My kids went to a private school.  Teachers there had no insurance and made about $18k a year.  Some aren't degreed in what they're teaching.  There are some good private schools, but most of the smaller ones, in particular, were created for a reason other than academics. 

My oldest got a good background in math because her teacher was a retired public school teacher who came there for the extra money and because he loved the work.  She got bupkiss in English and is struggling with the writing requirements in college.  (Struggling is a relative term, BTW). 

My youngest went from the private school where she made all A's to a large elementary when we moved this summer.  She is struggling mightily to keep up because the other kids in her grade were light years ahead.  They are doing damn algebra in the third grade now and she'd barely gotten to 4+4 at the private school. 

Interesting.  So if you live in an area where the public schools are relatively safe, it would be a waste of money to go the private school route?  I had a friend that put his son in a private school and it was costing a lot of money.  I heard him bitching about it one day, but just thought it was because of how much he was spending.  It was his wifes idea to go the private school route BTW.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2009, 01:35:20 PM »
Interesting.  So if you live in an area where the public schools are relatively safe, it would be a waste of money to go the private school route?  I had a friend that put his son in a private school and it was costing a lot of money.  I heard him bitching about it one day, but just thought it was because of how much he was spending.  It was his wifes idea to go the private school route BTW.

It depends on the school system.  There are some public school systems that are great, and some are shitty (obviously).  Same goes with private schools.  For instance, if I lived in downtown B'ham, I'd definitely go the private school route.  If we stay in Hoover/Vestavia/Homewood, my kids will go to public schools.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2009, 01:49:23 PM »

Well, where we lived private school was about the only option -- and not because of the education.  It was more of a socialization thing. 

Jeez... Okay... the public school they would have been zoned for was about 90% black.  No way to get around the sound of being racist, but that was just not a positive situation in terms of discipline, socialization or any of the extraneous things that school HAS to be about.  It's not just readin', writin' and cipherin'

If the public school situation had been different I would much prefer that my kids go to public.  And where we live now, they do.  I think people who live in places like Fairhope and Huntsville who send their kids to private schools do so primarily for the fake ass "status" it gives them.  In my estimation, there's not an "elite" private school in the state worthy of the tuition
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2009, 01:57:28 PM »
  I think people who live in places like Fairhope and Huntsville who send their kids to private schools do so primarily for the fake ass "status" it gives them. 

Same could be said of most in Montgomery.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2009, 02:08:20 PM »
Same could be said of most in Montgomery.
That's exactly the situation in Montgomery. In Prattville the only private school was far and away worse than the public school. It was more of a place they sent delinquents that got expelled from PHS, or the redneck racists who couldn't deal with the 20ish% percent black population.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2009, 02:15:35 PM »
That's exactly the situation in Montgomery. In Prattville the only private school was far and away worse than the public school. It was more of a place they sent delinquents that got expelled from PHS, or the redneck racists who couldn't deal with the 20ish% percent black population.

Couple of things come to mind. 

I ran into a guy I knew from where we moved a week or two ago.  He asked me how we liked the new town, the usual blah, blah, blah.  Then he asked me how my daughter liked going to XXXXX Academy.  I said, no, we enrolled her in XXXXXX Elementary.  The guy -- who is a respected professional -- sneaks glances both ways and asks in a whisper "You're letting her go to school with BLACKS?" 

Now I'm about as racist as the next George Wallace-loving son of the 70s, but still...

And the difference between AISA and AHSAA?  Part of the time I coached, I was at a 2A school.  We had a kid who was third string linebacker and only because we only had three strings.  Nice kid, but if we were down to putting him on the field, the game was over.  He was never going to play.  Ever.  He came to spring workouts his before his senior year and when the pre-fall depth chart was done, he was fourth. Behind a freshman.  I hated it, but that was his reality.  He transferred to a private school that summer.  Started at LB and RB.  Made All State.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2009, 06:14:02 PM »

I disagree. I didn't go to private school because of some fake ass status, I went because my parents thought the public school was too dangerous. I'm pretty sure that there aren't any public highschools in montgomery that have an 80% white majority though. It was usually more along the lines of 60:40 white minority. Montgomery and Prattville are 2 completely different places though. Generally people without money in fungomery went to public school and those with went to private. In prattville there aren't any people with money so they all went to public school or low end private schools. In summation, chizzad, awk, and iwannaplay are all just a bunch of poor prattville people, which means they were probably descendants of chisolmites. and i heard saniflush is a pedo bear.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions