Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

ESPN Calls Auburn Tigers...

ESPN Calls Auburn Tigers...
« on: February 04, 2009, 10:04:42 AM »
biggest surprise this year in recruiting.  Some positive pub on what has been a brutal time from ESPN.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Rivals Radio (National Sirius Radio Channel)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 10:13:38 AM »
Rivals Radio (National Sirius Radio Channel) calling Auburn it's biggest surprise class so far.   More national positive pub....

:vn:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 10:36:31 AM by Chizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: ESPN Calls Auburn Tigers...
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 10:37:57 AM »
I merged these.

After that Aubrey kid signed to FSU, I thought I would be in for a shitty day.

Looks like it's turning around nicely for the Chizinator (I referred to him as that to intentionally get under Kaos, Greasy, & the bammers skins).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 11:21:45 AM »
Tom Lugginbill (sp?) just said on the Herd that Auburn's coaching staff recruited better than any staff in the nation.

Not bad for a cheeze dick and a bunch of fucktards....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 02:09:27 PM »
I merged these.

After that Aubrey kid signed to FSU, I thought I would be in for a shitty day.

Looks like it's turning around nicely for the Chizinator (I referred to him as that to intentionally get under Kaos, Greasy, & the bammers skins).
The Chizinator has a nice ring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 02:52:17 PM »
The Chizinator has a nice ring.

He got it for dating Mack Brown and Vince Young.

Simultaneously.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Jumbo

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 02:53:57 PM »
He got it for dating Mack Brown and Vince Young.

Simultaneously.
Thats a million dollar club.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 03:05:50 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Jumbo

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2009, 03:34:09 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 12:07:56 PM »
I will admit, on paper, AU's class wasn't the "disaster" I believed it would turn out to be, and it seems you guys closed out sort of strong. I'm a little skeptical about how some of those guys will pan out at the next level, but we will find that out soon enough. It will be interesting next season to see if Chizik will continue to hit the Midwest area, or if he will choose to go head to head with Alabama alot. I'm interested to see how Chizik fares with the in-state blue chippers. The in-state talent pool will be even more shallow for the 2010 class than the 09 class, so this will be important. There are a few guys in AU's class I wouldn't have minded having:

Lutz - Fucking beast.
Coleman - We didn't offer, but wouldn't have been a bad addition imo.
Petey - Showed in the Under Armor game that he's a head hunter. After watching him, I was a little jealous that you guys were getting some skill there. I'm glad we ended up getting him.
Atchison - Has a ton of upside and was another I was glad we could pluck from you guys. 

A trend that I have noticed under Chizik is you guys seem to be recruiting a different type of player on offense than what we recruit. I've noticed that most of AU's most recent signees are guys that played multiple positions and could project at multiple positions in college, mostly at the WR/RB position. WR and RB is a huge need at AU imo, so it shouldn't have been difficult to bring guys in at that position, and it wasn't. Those players may be perfect for the system Malzahn wants to run, but the question is, will the system work against SEC defenses? I was correct, however, on two of my predictions:

1. AU wouldn't see too many of the guys that decommitted coming back. For that matter, Heavens signed with somebody else on NSD. However, you guys did get Coleman back, but I think that was more so because of his uncle.

2. Alabama fans would have much more to brag about on NSD than AU fans. Whether you want to say our class was #1, #2, or #5, it really doesn't matter. We brought in a shitload of talent where we needed it, and thats what counts. I think the only one I was truly disappointed about was Massie, who many had a good feeling about. I think alot of that was supported by things he said, but in the last few days before NSD there was alot of smoke from Ole Miss. They have more of a need at OL and less talent, it was an easy decision. Good pickup for Nutt. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 12:10:11 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 12:41:48 PM »
I will admit, on paper, AU's class wasn't the "disaster" I believed it would turn out to be, and it seems you guys closed out sort of strong. I'm a little skeptical about how some of those guys will pan out at the next level, but we will find that out soon enough. It will be interesting next season to see if Chizik will continue to hit the Midwest area, or if he will choose to go head to head with Alabama alot. I'm interested to see how Chizik fares with the in-state blue chippers. The in-state talent pool will be even more shallow for the 2010 class than the 09 class, so this will be important. There are a few guys in AU's class I wouldn't have minded having:

Lutz - Fucking beast.
Coleman - We didn't offer, but wouldn't have been a bad addition imo.
Petey - Showed in the Under Armor game that he's a head hunter. After watching him, I was a little jealous that you guys were getting some skill there. I'm glad we ended up getting him.
Atchison - Has a ton of upside and was another I was glad we could pluck from you guys. 

A trend that I have noticed under Chizik is you guys seem to be recruiting a different type of player on offense than what we recruit. I've noticed that most of AU's most recent signees are guys that played multiple positions and could project at multiple positions in college, mostly at the WR/RB position. WR and RB is a huge need at AU imo, so it shouldn't have been difficult to bring guys in at that position, and it wasn't. Those players may be perfect for the system Malzahn wants to run, but the question is, will the system work against SEC defenses? I was correct, however, on two of my predictions:

1. AU wouldn't see too many of the guys that decommitted coming back. For that matter, Heavens signed with somebody else on NSD. However, you guys did get Coleman back, but I think that was more so because of his uncle.  I think we made a pretty good trade off on this one though.

2. Alabama fans would have much more to brag about on NSD than AU fans. Whether you want to say our class was #1, #2, or #5, it really doesn't matter. We brought in a shitload of talent where we needed it, and thats what counts. I think the only one I was truly disappointed about was Massie, who many had a good feeling about. I think alot of that was supported by things he said, but in the last few days before NSD there was alot of smoke from Ole Miss. They have more of a need at OL and less talent, it was an easy decision. Good pickup for Nutt.  Nobody said that bama wouldn't have more to brag about, just that our class wouldn't be as bad as you and others thought it would be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions