Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Going To Be In Manhattan The Week Of 3/9

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Going To Be In Manhattan The Week Of 3/9
« on: February 05, 2009, 01:11:46 PM »
Staying at Rockefellar Center. It's for work, so I can't go balls out, but what're some things I should do while I'm there?

Colbert & Daily Show are booked through then. SNL is impossible to get tickets to still, and I don't think I'll be there on a Saturday anyway. Conan finishes a couple weeks before that so it'll be Jimmy's first couple days on the job, so A) it'll be sold out and B) I hate Jimmy Fallon.

Other cool shit to do in New York?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

Re: Going To Be In Manhattan The Week Of 3/9
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 01:24:26 PM »
see if the knicks are in town.  even if you dont' like 'em...it's fun seeing a game at madison square garden.

if you like art and history...the met...natural history muesum.

central park is always a treat.

i haven't been since i've been on the left coast (12 years)...i couldn't tell you anything about the current nightlife or titty flops. 

my 2 favorite places to eat are the old homestead and knickerbocker.  i also enjoy katz deli...(when harry met sally)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 01:32:07 PM »
Please Don't Tell

It's a speak-easy from the prohibition days.  You have to call that number for reservations on the morning you want to go.  I think you have to call at 10:00 am or so.  It fills up quick, so call as soon as you can that day.  You go to some dive hot dog place, go to the corner where there is a phone booth, and pick up the phone.  Someone on the other side will answer, you give them your name and they send you through a secret passage to this small hidden bar. 

Check out Times Square - plenty of bars and whatnot.  Central Park is cool, there is a place called the Boat House that's a good place to drink in the afternoons.  It's been in a few movies.

There are so many cool things to do that it would be impossible to list them all.  Give me some ideas as to what you're wanting to do and I'll do my best to give some suggestions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 02:02:45 PM »
Please Don't Tell

It's a speak-easy from the prohibition days.  You have to call that number for reservations on the morning you want to go.  I think you have to call at 10:00 am or so.  It fills up quick, so call as soon as you can that day.  You go to some dive hot dog place, go to the corner where there is a phone booth, and pick up the phone.  Someone on the other side will answer, you give them your name and they send you through a secret passage to this small hidden bar.
Seriously? That may be the coolest shit I've ever heard.

I dunno, like I said I'll be doing stuff for work all day, so mostly stuff to do at night. I know that there's unlimited awesomeness in NY, so I'm trying to get the ideas now.

It would be preferred that I stay around the Manhattan area cause I'm sure odds are good I will fuck up the metro system and end up lost (or at least wasting a lot of time) ESPECIALLY when I'm drunk.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 02:10:27 PM »
It depends what you're looking for...  I can always find something to do after hours...

Higher end wiff cigars-  The Carnegie Club...  Great on Friday and Saturday nights with Jazz and cigars...  Club Macanudo...  Saturday night is the best for eye candy with Latin music...  

Higher end wiffout cigars-  The Campbell Apartment...  Friday and Saturday nights are best...  Bruno Jamais...  Turns into a night club later in the evening...  I'll never forget the Eastern European hostess demanding, "Give me your coats!"  

Lower end wiff cigars-  Hudson Bar and Books...  Lexington Bar and Books...  Merchants...  

Steak-  Sparks Steakhouse...  Read up on the history...  Paul Castellano got whacked there...  The food's good.  

Stay away from Times Square unless you like getting stuck in Tourist Traps with bimbos, but bimbos can be good sometimes.  It's a good place to fuck with people.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand

GarMan

• Alpha Male, Cigar Connoisseur and Smart Ass
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 02:12:23 PM »
It would be preferred that I stay around the Manhattan area cause I'm sure odds are good I will fuck up the metro system and end up lost (or at least wasting a lot of time) ESPECIALLY when I'm drunk.

Take a cab and explore...  You might like the Village if that's your sort of thing...   :fag:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them.  - Winston Churchill

Eating and sleeping are the only activities that should be allowed to interrupt a man's enjoyment of his cigar.  - Mark Twain

Nothing says "Obey Me" like a bloody head on a fence post!  - Stewie Griffin

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others."  - Ayn Rand