Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Rueban Randle's Visit

Rueban Randle's Visit
« on: January 31, 2009, 09:20:21 AM »
Didn't happen. 

He didn't show up. 

I'm trying to find the article I read the other day about Bastrop's head coach.  He was once again spouting off about how ridiculous it was that AU was recruiting Randle.  He said he even called Trooper Taylor to let him know his opinions of AU. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Re: Rueban Randle's Visit
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 09:52:02 AM »
One article a day or so ago said "as of now I'm still planning on going to Au for a visit". Sounded like he was waffling. No biggie. Not like we were really expecting to get the kid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 12:24:52 PM »
Didn't happen. 

He didn't show up. 

I'm trying to find the article I read the other day about Bastrop's head coach.  He was once again spouting off about how ridiculous it was that AU was recruiting Randle.  He said he even called Trooper Taylor to let him know his opinions of AU. 

The coach has been known to possibly receiving some "beni's" on the side.  It's not a big surprise, and the article didn't quite quote  as you have it.  He was more upset purely that Trooper didn't go through him to talk to Randle, never anything like it was ridiculous that AU was recruiting him.   He said that if AU wasn't going to go through him, that AU would never talk to a Bastrop HS player.   Sounds like some dirty pool going on.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 03:10:17 PM »
The coach has been known to possibly receiving some "beni's" on the side.  It's not a big surprise, and the article didn't quite quote  as you have it.  He was more upset purely that Trooper didn't go through him to talk to Randle, never anything like it was ridiculous that AU was recruiting him.   He said that if AU wasn't going to go through him, that AU would never talk to a Bastrop HS player.   Sounds like some dirty pool going on.

I've heard that the Bastrop high school "recruits". Entices families to move into their district for good paying jobs.
I live about 30 miles from there and have heard this for quite some time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 03:39:01 PM »
From what I've heard, Bastrop HS had to forfeit all of their '05 games....even the Championship Game, because they were playing ineligible players.  The players that were ineligible, were ones that Bradshaw and Co. recruited from areas that were hit by Katrina.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2009, 06:59:09 PM »

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 09:00:53 AM »
Sumnabetch...I though he would sign with Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 08:05:33 PM »
Sumnabetch...I though he would sign with Auburn.
LOL.....yeah, me too.  But, it was fun watching all the bammers squirm around for a couple of days.  Especially after the first report that his HC Bradshaw said that RR he was going to visit Auburn the following weekend.  Then after that fell through, because he father couldn't get off of work, the bammers were raggin' the Auburn fans for being happy that he was visiting.  Then, last week it was stated and confirmed that he was going to officially visit Auburn for his last weekend, the bammers started squirming again.  But, this time, I didn't get my hopes up, I think that I stated here that I'd be very surprised if he actually made it to The Plains, this past weekend.....especially after reading that the Gov. of LA told him that he has a Govenor's Aid (or whatever) position for LSU Student-Athletes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 08:21:03 PM »
LOL.....yeah, me too.  But, it was fun watching all the bammers squirm around for a couple of days.  Especially after the first report that his HC Bradshaw said that RR he was going to visit Auburn the following weekend.  Then after that fell through, because he father couldn't get off of work, the bammers were raggin' the Auburn fans for being happy that he was visiting.  Then, last week it was stated and confirmed that he was going to officially visit Auburn for his last weekend, the bammers started squirming again.  But, this time, I didn't get my hopes up, I think that I stated here that I'd be very surprised if he actually made it to The Plains, this past weekend.....especially after reading that the Gov. of LA told him that he has a Govenor's Aid (or whatever) position for LSU Student-Athletes.
We weren't squirming, we were laughing at you guys getting your dicks hard as $2 worth of jaw breakers about him visiting and thinking it was anything more than a courtesey visit. Then we just laughed a little harder as you guys got punked.....twice. Is that the "Chizik Effect" I've been hearing about? But hey, thats what happens sometimes when a coach begs and pleads with a kid to visit and just can't take no for an answer.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 08:22:43 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 09:16:07 PM »
Most of us were excited after the first report of his visit, because it was something that hasn't happened in quite a while.  Hell, the former staff never tried to get RR onto campus, but this staff tried, and that's what everyone was excited about.  Not that we could actually land him, but that this staff, with a total of One Months worth of contact, was able to put him on the visit list, twice.  Eventhough it fell through twice, it just showed that Auburn is going to go after Top Prospects no matter where they're from.....and that is a Change that I can get with.  That's one of the things that I love about the new Auburn Coaching Staff, is that they're relentless.  Again, not only did Auburn have the #2 prospect in the country listed last week, they also had the #1 prospect listed in Bryce Brown, who is considering de-commiting from the U and coming to Auburn, probably won't, but hey....We fuckin' tried and that was after having only One Month's worth of contact representing Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 10:25:21 PM »
Most of us were excited after the first report of his visit, because it was something that hasn't happened in quite a while.  Hell, the former staff never tried to get RR onto campus, but this staff tried, and that's what everyone was excited about.  Not that we could actually land him, but that this staff, with a total of One Months worth of contact, was able to put him on the visit list, twice.  Eventhough it fell through twice, it just showed that Auburn is going to go after Top Prospects no matter where they're from.....and that is a Change that I can get with.  That's one of the things that I love about the new Auburn Coaching Staff, is that they're relentless.  Again, not only did Auburn have the #2 prospect in the country listed last week, they also had the #1 prospect listed in Bryce Brown, who is considering de-commiting from the U and coming to Auburn, probably won't, but hey....We fuckin' tried and that was after having only One Month's worth of contact representing Auburn.
RR had been recruited by Trooper Taylor for a while now. Its not like they called him out of the blue and convinced him to come down. Taylor was a huge reason he even considered OSU, and cancelled his visit there when Taylor left. Taylor had much more than one month of contact with RR. So, by him being scheduled twice and not ever showing up, that shows some sort of victory? All it showed was that this staff chose to waste their time trying to get him on campus, and in the end managed the same result as the old staff, who didn't waste their time and energy looking stupid by getting punked twice in the process. This makes two years in a row AU has been punked by the top WR in the country. What you describe reminds me of a nerdy kid staring at and daydreaming about the prom queen that sits across the row from him in Biology every day. He goes home and beats off thinking about her every night, but in the end, he's never going to fuck her.

Auburn: Where kids go when they don't have shit to do that weekend.

And you think thats just fan-fucking-tastic. Was CTT not really the recruiting beast you guys described? I thought CNS didn't have shit on him, and that CTT was beating our ass in recruiting?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 10:26:25 PM by runswithscissors »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2009, 09:32:05 AM »
RR had been recruited by Trooper Taylor for a while now. Its not like they called him out of the blue and convinced him to come down. Taylor was a huge reason he even considered OSU, and cancelled his visit there when Taylor left. Taylor had much more than one month of contact with RR. So, by him being scheduled twice and not ever showing up, that shows some sort of victory? All it showed was that this staff chose to waste their time trying to get him on campus, and in the end managed the same result as the old staff, who didn't waste their time and energy looking stupid by getting punked twice in the process. This makes two years in a row AU has been punked by the top WR in the country. What you describe reminds me of a nerdy kid staring at and daydreaming about the prom queen that sits across the row from him in Biology every day. He goes home and beats off thinking about her every night, but in the end, he's never going to fuck her.

And you think thats just fan-fucking-tastic. Was CTT not really the recruiting beast you guys described? I thought CNS didn't have shit on him, and that CTT was beating our ass in recruiting?

So despite ALL the evidence to the contrary, RR not visiting Auburn is the consensus of your opinion on Auburn's recruiting efforts thus far under the current circumstances?   

That's awesome.  It's also what makes you..well... you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2009, 10:51:43 AM »
RR had been recruited by Trooper Taylor for a while now. Its not like they called him out of the blue and convinced him to come down. Taylor was a huge reason he even considered OSU, and cancelled his visit there when Taylor left. Taylor had much more than one month of contact with RR. So, by him being scheduled twice and not ever showing up, that shows some sort of victory? All it showed was that this staff chose to waste their time trying to get him on campus, and in the end managed the same result as the old staff, who didn't waste their time and energy looking stupid by getting punked twice in the process. This makes two years in a row AU has been punked by the top WR in the country. What you describe reminds me of me staring at and daydreaming about the prom queen that sits across the row from me in Biology every day. I go home and beat off thinking about her every night, but in the end, I'm never going to fuck her.

Bama:  Where kids go when they want to get high.

Fixed it for ya, Jackass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions